Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid Hi,

I wonder if you fixed construct 2 + ios (cordova or phonegap) - it is still invisible, but works fine in browsers on mobile and on android. Will you be able to fix it soon, please? If you haven't got any devices, maybe I can help?

upd. it is strange, and it is working now, I turned off Use WKWebView on IOS (faster performance). It useful option I guess. Any idea how to fix spriter plugin?

We've not yet had the opportunity,time, or hardware to test this.. and it could still be a while, as I would need to buy a new IOS device.

In the meantime, have you tried using the C3 export or CocoonIO export to see if Spriter animations show up when exported from those wrapper generators?

• [quote:28ing693]In the meantime, have you tried using the C3 export or CocoonIO export to see if Spriter animations show up when exported from those wrapper generators?

Cool, you make spriter for c3. Will check it soon and share results. Here is my game btw: y8.com/games/diseviled_3_stolen_kingdom

• Hello. Can we get the Construct 3 SCML plugin updated. It has been half a year ever since the beta and a stable version would be very nice. There have been many changes ever since on Construct 3, including the Construct 3 Desktop Build, Stable SDK for the new runtime, Custom Importer SDK and etc...

If it would be possible to as soon as possible have a Construct 3 version that can take advantage of the new features and also support the Spriter Hybrid Mode (High Performance Mode + Standard Mode) on Construct 3. Some of us also use the non-self drawing mode, so please support the said feature.

Thank You.

lucid

Reference to the SDK:

construct.net/make-games/manuals/addon-sdk

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lucid

New news.

The Construct 3 - Spriter Plugin has problems with Sprite-sheeting. Construct 3 combines images including Spriter Images. So, what happens, is that, the SCML plugin can display the wrong image.

So, the game developers that had ported from Construct 2 to Construct 3 also have broken games. Please, help us out on this by making a stable version of the Spriter Plugin.

Thanks.

• Hello again everyone. Sorry for the long delay and thanks for your patience. This should fix the issue with the c3 plugin:

download here

• Thank you for maintaining spriter for us. It is a must have for me and I can't even remember how it was to make games without it :)

• lucid

Hey, thank you for releasing a fix for the spridesheeting bug. I was wondering if you could possibly address the setC2toSpriterObject issue.

The problem is, that on line 2184 in the (new) runtime, the code var c2Obj = currentObjInstruction.c2Object.getFirstPicked(); is attaching only the first picked object from the SOL, which if you have multiple instances of C2 objects, this will fail and attach the first picked item from the SOL.

On our own side we fixed by changing that to .getPairedInstance(this)

I have posted about this on the brashmonkey forums as well:

(has attached download of our hotpatched file .c3addon which does not include current spritesheeting fixes)

https://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11887-bug-in-construct-3-with-set-c2-to-spriter-object/

I was wondering if you would be willing to incorporate this fix into the official scml3 addon, or at least address the underlying issue accordingly?

Once again, thank you for your continued support of the construct 3 Spriter plugin, as well as the development of Spriter in general.

• yrokhlin I will get to this as soon as I can. Sorry for the delay. Still deep into some Spriter 2 related things.

• yrokhlin I will get to this as soon as I can. Sorry for the delay. Still deep into some Spriter 2 related things.

nice! some things i would love to have :)

make the file size smaller (shorten json names)

auto remove pointless keyframes

allow sub objects

allow bending sprites

allow to rescale an individual image

allow to change offset of animation use x,y (ctr+M)

auto calculate the boundig box

I completely understand, I know how badly you guys are trying to get Spriter 2 out, and I look forward to using it very much.

Just making sure you guys were aware of this issue.

• Spriter 2 Teaser!

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Spriter 2 Teaser!

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Wow that looks awesome!! I can't wait to test it

I was in shock when I saw on your website this Part >>>

(If you currently own Spriter Pro you'll be receiving Spriter 2 as a free upgrade, no pre-order necessary)

I was expecting some type of fee or something like that to upgrade and you giving it Totally free Kudos to you!! Thank you, sir

This is a company that makes the difference, values their customers and stands up from the rest.

Wish you all the luck with your sells and a huge success with Spriter 2 because you deserve it

• thanks tarek2

here's some basic patch editing - toggling between access to internal control points

• Wow that's cool. It's actually a feature I was looking for to make my project work correctly. I wonder if it works with c2 aswell. My kids game is almost finished and my "presenters" are lacking decent curvy animation. This will solve my issue.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)