Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • I was wondering if Spriter is able to base animations off of events yet? Fro example have a character aim at the mouse pointer.

• lucid

I created the animation of a character with two versions, one with normal images and another with images in the normal map color scale. I created two separate scml files with the same animations, but I already explained, one with animation images and another as a mask for the nomal map. Using another test sprite, static png tested the normal map effect on C2 and works perfentiously. But by applying the same effect to the scml file, it does not work. How can I solve this problem?

Subscribe to Construct videos now

I responded via private message on Facebook.

I was wondering if Spriter is able to base animations off of events yet? Fro example have a character aim at the mouse pointer.

es, the Override Animation actions will let you override a specific property, or use 2 bone IK to an xy target on a two bone pair.

• Hi Brashmonkey,

I may be seeing a recurrence of the Action Points error bug.

I have imported two versions of the same Spriter project into a C2 project:

One spritesheeted version, one normal version.

Both contain Action Points in some of their animations.

The normal scml object responds normally.

The spritesheeted scml causes a browser error as soon as an animation with action points plays.

Spriter Version: r10.

C2 Version: r239 (64).

Spriter Plugin Version: 2/26/2017 (Says "2016" in the "version.txt" file, but file creation date is correct).

Windows 7 Pro (64).

• inkbug , you were correct. This should fix it.

• Thanks, lucid !

Works perfectly now.

• Hello again lucid ,

Thanks for your quick reply with the previous issue.

Taking my attempt to switch to the the latest versions of Spriter and it's Plugin a bit further, I opened a C2 project containing two non-atlas scml object, which were imported with a previous version of the plugin.

With C2 r225, the expected error message popped up when opening the project with the latest version of the plugin (yesterday's).

With C2 r239, oddly enough, the C2 project opened and was previewed with no errors, so long as I didn't try to change either scml object to an atlas version, or use C2's image editor on either one.

With either version of C2, Chrome displayed error messages if a scml object was either changed to an atlas version, or even if C2's image editor was used to give the scml object dimensions of more than 0X0px.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwqgBy4MNF4heGRpeUNzbGM4NDQ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwqgBy4MNF4hUnFtUUNUS2Uxelk

EDIT:

I just worked it out, and apologize for not trying this before posting.

For the benefit of anyone else who encounters this problem:

1. I should have corrected the scml-object's image for ALL scml objects after updating the plugin, and not just the one I was going to change to the atlas version.

2. After fixing the images in C2, the project must be saved, closed, and opened again before trying to preview.

• Glad you got it worked out inkbug. And yes, you just have to take anything saved with a really old version of the plugin if it gets the error message. The most simple fix is to open the image editor and change the image size from 0x0 to 1x1. Save and reload, and it should work fine.

• Any thoughts on a port for Construct 3 of the plugin?

Thanks,

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Any thoughts on a port for Construct 3 of the plugin?

Thanks,

efinitely going to happen. I believe for now the C3 plugin sdk only supports global plugins.

• > Any thoughts on a port for Construct 3 of the plugin?

>

> Thanks,

> efinitely going to happen. I believe for now the C3 plugin sdk only supports global plugins.

Glad to hear it!

• How to use guide images?

• Getting an error when playing sounds related to Spriter, curious if anyone else has got this error and if so, how they fixed it/if they know anything, before I spend too much time trying to debug it myself.

When I disable this code:

The error no longer pops up. Given the error message, it seems to have to do something with an invalid input type, but I can't really make enough sense of it to get an actual sense of where I should be looking for potential errors.

(Not looking for an actual solution, just advice if anyone has it)

• BBaller1337 - if you don't mind making a minimal example file that has just the triggered sound failing for your scml file I can take a look. ()

winsonzhong - Make sure your project has a subfolder named '_guideImages'. Then, In Spriter Pro, click this icon, and the rest is pretty self-explanatory. There's another similar icon at the top of the screen to toggle the guide image on and off:

• I noticed that C2's save and load function doesn't store Spriter object scale or animation speed.

• Hi,

This plugin is not working on native iOS (Intel XDK Build/Cordova). Works on Preview Browser and native Android.

When debugging on iOS -> on Network Tab - > scon file is on "Pending" status. So it does not render the sprites.

I found same issue on Spriter Forum but it is not solved yet.

Environment:

Construct 2 : r239

Intel XDK: b3759

Spriter Plugin: 4/5/2017

iOS: 10.3

Best Regards.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)