New Intel XDK version released

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • -- if you are seeing a black screen the splash screen is likely being turned off too early, because your game or Cordova (or both) is probably still initializing. If you are using a simple delay value in the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file to set the splash screen delay (or just accepting the default, which I think is 2 or 3 seconds) but your game is taking longer to initialize, you could see something like that. For example, if you're relying on a line like this in the additions file which is used by the splash screen plugin:

<preference name="AutoHideSplashScreen" value="true" />
    [/code:1no0ocfi]
    The splash screen plugin includes an API that can be used to effectively "synchronize" the completion of Cordova and Construct2 game initialization, so the splash screen remains until everything is ready to run. However, to use that technique, you need to understand how to write custom JavaScript in your C2 app AND know how to recognize when the Cordova bit is initialized as well as when the C2 bit is initialized. To synchronize the splash screen with just the Cordova init, you would set the line I show above to "false" and do something like this in your app:

[code:1no0ocfi]
    function onAppReady() {
        if( navigator.splashscreen && navigator.splashscreen.hide ) {   // Cordova API detected
            navigator.splashscreen.hide() ;
        }
    }
    document.addEventListener("app.Ready", onAppReady, false) ;
    // document.addEventListener("deviceready", onAppReady, false) ;
    // document.addEventListener("onload", onAppReady, false) ;[/code:1no0ocfi]

See the Cordova splash screen plugin for complete documentation > https://github.com/ apache /cordova-plugin-splashscreen (remove the spaces in the URL, I don't have enough points to post URLs on this forum).
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Cipriux -- it would be helpful for me to understand what your game does for initialization. Since I don't create C2 games I don't know what the typical init code looks like. If you could share a dummy game that does what you are describing, and provide that to me for testing, I might be able to figure out what's going on (Cordova init, plugin init, C2 init, something else...).

• Splash screen and/or loading layout was always an issue for construct2, although as is, it gets the job done; sort off

You see, on big games for example, with lots of graphic and sound effects (not music) loading layout never works, unless you set "Preload sounds" to NO, otherwise you have to stare at a black screen for 20sec or more until loading layout shows. You can always set "Loader style" to progress bar or percentage, but wont that defeat the purpose of a loading layout?

So I think construct 2 should improve how it loads game and perhaps redesign the loading layout function so that we don't have to use 3rd party plugins for this.

Don't get me wrong, SDK is awesome and I my opinion the best there is, but construct2 also export to other platforms not just Cordova.

• Hey, guys

Why admob plugin does not work on latest version of Intel, is there any problem with that.?

I see that international banner does not appear at all.

• xmnboy

There seems to be a bug with the minimum required iOS version setting. I've set it for 9.0 or 9 and it defaults to "8.0 or later".

• Is there a known issue/bug with In App Browser Object in Intel XDK? It is non-functional with C2 227 (latest) and Intel XDK 3240 (latest) versions

• Well, I do not now about the admob plugins, I tired to use more than 3 different plugins but all of them does not work with intel xdk 3240, even admob pro it does not work, but i think with intel xdk 3033 or the previous version one of them works fine, any solution for these admob plugin please.?

• Well, I do not now about the admob plugins, I tired to use more than 3 different plugins but all of them does not work with intel xdk 3240, even admob pro it does not work, but i think with intel xdk 3033 or the previous version one of them works fine, any solution for these admob plugin please.?

I'm always reading these messages with admob problems, do not understand why this keeps happening, why not make an official tutorial to be updated when it is convenient?.

• > Well, I do not now about the admob plugins, I tired to use more than 3 different plugins but all of them does not work with intel xdk 3240, even admob pro it does not work, but i think with intel xdk 3033 or the previous version one of them works fine, any solution for these admob plugin please.?

>

I'm always reading these messages with admob problems, do not understand why this keeps happening, why not make an official tutorial to be updated when it is convenient?.

Hey guys! I don't know if the problem is solved (at least not for me till last week), but i make a plugin to show adds calling the plugin cordova-plugin-admobpro by Liming Xie (which imports fine and without error in new xdk update). It's very simple but works. The video is in spanish but with english subtitles: youtube.com/watch

• hi, Josek5494

can you please give me another link for the plugin in construct 2, cause i can not open it in my country so i will try and use your idea, by the way thank you so much for the plugin and help.

give a link like media-fire

• hi, Josek5494

can you please give me another link for the plugin in construct 2, cause i can not open it in my country so i will try and use your idea, by the way thank you so much for the plugin and help.

Hey! srry for the wait. I will post a mediafire link in the blog. Check it in 1 hour ^^

• hi, Josek5494

Check the blog, the links are posted

• hey, Cipriux

So, until now, InAppBrowser works only for closing the game it does not open the link to my game or games, I want to make user for example rate my game and there is a button there, what should i do now, what are the plugins need to be used to fix this problem.

I now it is boring iusse but I am still trying, would you mind telling me step by step.? I have Inappbrowser now and the plugin you put, also the last version of intel xdk.

Thanks.

• SaRaB

Maybe submit a simple bug report to Ashley

Sounds like a serious, recurring issue with this software..

• I've tried the com-admob-plugin-cordova, but i can't assure you it is working, but if you do not tried it yet i think it worth. The intel XDK emulate tab only shows blackscreen. Have all this plugins installed:

1) cordova-plugin-device

2) cordova-plugin-file

3) cordova-plugin-httpd

4) cordova-plugin-inappbrowser

5) cordova-plugin-media

6) cordova-plugin-splashscreen

7) cordova-plugin-statusbar

8) cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine

and the already mentioned com-admob-plugin-cordova

I have publish my game about a month ago on google play, but until now i just can't publish for IOS.

Any help or news will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)