New Intel XDK version released

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • What it is the developer certificate??

And Key Passphrase?

• CaraCul -- are you referring to the certs that you provide in the Intel XDK in order to do an Android or iOS build? If so, the passphrase is simply the password that "unlocks" or "matches" the signed certificate that you provide. In the past the XDK created and signed that cert for you (in the case of Android). The danger in that approach is that you have to use the same cert each time you do an update, so that is a very critical and important piece of your app. So the new cert management system provides you with more control over that critical component.

The first time you open the new release of the XDK you will be asked to convert that "legacy" cert and convert it to a form that you can then download and control. You can leave that cert in the XDK, but you will now provide the password that you assigned to it when you converted it. See this video for a quick intro:

software.intel.com/en-us/videos / upgrading-an-existing-intel-xdk-project-to-version-3088

(remove the extra spaces between "videos" and "upgrading" to get a complete URL)

• I've upgraded the Intel XDK for the new version and I can't get valid app during the build. I've tried to build 3 different Android projects:

• my old project that was build well before the upgrade
    • new Intel XDK project old Cordova export
    • "new Intel XDK project format"

When I build any of the projects signed I get "App not installed" error, when I build them not signed I even can't install them, I get "Parse error There was a problem parsing the package"

What can be the problem?

• Is anyone else using XDK 3088 with Windows 7 who has got it to work?? All of my builds keep failing no matter what I do (trying to build for Android currently), Please Help...

STARTECHSTUDIOS -- You sent me a PM, I cannot reply because I don't have enough points on this forum. You asked about getting the previous release (2893) -- one of my colleagues has posted a sticky note on the XDK forum that includes downloads for the 2893 images.

• > Is anyone else using XDK 3088 with Windows 7 who has got it to work?? All of my builds keep failing no matter what I do (trying to build for Android currently), Please Help...

>

STARTECHSTUDIOS -- You sent me a PM, I cannot reply because I don't have enough points on this forum. You asked about getting the previous release (2893) -- one of my colleagues has posted a sticky note on the XDK forum that includes downloads for the 2893 images.

https://software.intel.com/fr-fr/forums/intel-xdk/topic/623387 (the link)

• I've upgraded the Intel XDK for the new version and I can't get valid app during the build. I've tried to build 3 different Android projects:

- my old project that was build well before the upgrade

- new Intel XDK project old Cordova export

- "new Intel XDK project format"

When I build any of the projects signed I get "App not installed" error, when I build them not signed I even can't install them, I get "Parse error There was a problem parsing the package"

What can be the problem?

olkina -- There was a change in the way the versionCode is calculated on Android builds when going from CLI 4.1.2 to CLI 5.x. This is a Cordova change, not an XDK change. There is an article describing it here (search for "intel xdk version code problems").

Did you try uninstalling the prior version of the app on your device and then install?

Another issue could be due to the fact that on some older devices (mostly Android 4.0-4.2) there is a problem that these devices cannot read the signature being applied with our new build system. That is being worked on, but that could also be the source of the problem. There is an FAQ regarding this issue located here:

software.intel.com/en-us/forums / intel-xdk/topic/622990

NOTE: Remove the extra spaces between forums and intel in the URL above to get the complete URL. I don't have enough points to post a URL.

• xmnboy

Thank you so much

• xmnboy This is not really a XDK issue, is more of a plugin problem, but how do i fix this error? Error: more than one library with package name 'com.google.android.gms'

My project uses 2 plugins that are using 2 versions of GooglePlayServices, If I remove one version , the other plugin is not working and the other way around, so I must use both versions somehow.

The error also say this: "You can temporarily disable this error with android.enforceUniquePackageName=false

However, this is temporary and will be enforced in 1.0"

But where to write this flag and what does 1.0 mean?

• Also, A lot of times i get this error

com.android.dex.DexException: Multiple dex files define Landroid/support/annotation/AnimRes;

• I just released r226 which has a few fixes for the new Intel XDK project format, so if you had trouble before please try again with it!

• I just released r226 which has a few fixes for the new Intel XDK project format, so if you had trouble before please try again with it!

Is it already fix c2 admob plugin yet ?

• zeroflag -- issues with plugins are independent of the new export format.

ALL -- Plugins are JavaScript API extensions that you can add to your app to get access to platform features that you would not otherwise have access to in the device webview (embedded browser) environment that your app runs in when you build an XDK (aka Cordova) application.

Plugins are created by third-parties; the authors of these plugins have varying degrees of skill. Some do a better job than others at keeping up with the changes in the Apache Cordova project and/or testing their plugins. The Cordova project has gone through a lot of changes in the past year, which is reflected in some of the difficulties that developers are experiencing with this latest release of the XDK.

Several have asked to go back to the CLI 4.1.2 build system. Unfortunately, that is not a viable solution because:

• most current plugins will not work with that now outdated build system
    • that build system produces insecure apps that Google will not allow into their store
    • there is no more active work on that version of the Cordova project (no more fixes to issues)
  • Also, A lot of times i get this error

com.android.dex.DexException: Multiple dex files define Landroid/support/annotation/AnimRes;

Cipriux -- please post these issues on the Intel XDK forum, where there are more people available to help with the issue you're experiencing and you may find it has already been posted.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • xmnboy This is not really a XDK issue, is more of a plugin problem, but how do i fix this error? Error: more than one library with package name 'com.google.android.gms'

My project uses 2 plugins that are using 2 versions of GooglePlayServices, If I remove one version , the other plugin is not working and the other way around, so I must use both versions somehow.

The error also say this: "You can temporarily disable this error with android.enforceUniquePackageName=false

However, this is temporary and will be enforced in 1.0"

But where to write this flag and what does 1.0 mean?

Cipriux -- yes, this is a plugin conflict issue. Will have to investigate to see if there is a way to pass in the "android.enforceUniquePackageName=false" option to the build system. Please post this on the Intel XDK forum where we can handle it and provide any solutions or workarounds to others.

• xmnboy - I have a question regarding the crosswalk + android build. When I open my game on my Android Phone (Android Kitkat or Android Lolipop versions and etc.) a white rectangle bar appears for a second on splashscreen disappearance(end of splashscreen). It's been happening now and before. Did you notice this and are you working on this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)