New Intel XDK version released

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Although, now all my builds are failing.. can't seem to get it to work, seems more complicated than the last version which was quite simple.

I keep getting this error from the logs:

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1 mins 31.484 secs

ERROR building one of the platforms: Error: .../DTfinale/platforms/android/gradlew: Command failed with exit code 1

You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project

Error: .../DTfinale/platforms/android/gradlew: Command failed with exit code 1

at ChildProcess.whenDone (.../DTfinale/platforms/android/cordova/node_modules/cordova-common/src/superspawn.js:139:23)

at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)

at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:172:7)

at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:821:16)

at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)

• I just made a very simple project and exported it with the new option. Everything went just fine (but I'm not using any plugins).

I managed to get the developer certificate part working too of the new XDK, but can someone please explain to me what it does and what it's for? The previous XDK didn't had it.

• Tested.

C2 official AdMob plugin + Cranberrygame Cordova AdMob library (plugin for Intel XDK) still freezes the screen sometimes.

C2 Cranberrygame Cordova AdMob plugin + Cranberrygame Cordova AdMob library does not freez the screen, but it happened to me twice during testing that it did not show the interstitial at all. But this might be related to something else.

Having the same issue here. I hope the C2 official AdMob plugin gets fixed. So far as I know you can only get C2 Cranberrygame Cordova AdMob plugin if you pay for it right? Or is there a free version?

• I just made a very simple project and exported it with the new option. Everything went just fine (but I'm not using any plugins).

I managed to get the developer certificate part working too of the new XDK, but can someone please explain to me what it does and what it's for? The previous XDK didn't had it.

Previous version also had it but it wasn't managable. It's really great it is now. You have to sign your apk in order to publish it to Google Play. If you use the same certificate in Intel XDK and in CocoonIO then you can use them both for the same app. Basically the certificate is like the author's sign.

• Trying this now. The first thing I noticed is the file size is huge!

In C2 it's 11 MB.

The old version of XDK with Crosswalk bumped the file size up to 50 MB, just tired the new C2 Beta and new XDK and it's now 72 MB!

• Trying this now. The first thing I noticed is the file size is huge!

In C2 it's 11 MB.

The old version of XDK with Crosswalk bumped the file size up to 50 MB, just tired the new C2 Beta and new XDK and it's now 72 MB!

Are you sure nothing else has changed in your project? I don't have such size bump.

• > Trying this now. The first thing I noticed is the file size is huge!

>

> In C2 it's 11 MB.

>

> The old version of XDK with Crosswalk bumped the file size up to 50 MB, just tired the new C2 Beta and new XDK and it's now 72 MB!

>

Are you sure nothing else has changed in your project? I don't have such size bump.

No, nothing else has changed. Strange huh?

• Previous version also had it but it wasn't managable. It's really great it is now. You have to sign your apk in order to publish it to Google Play. If you use the same certificate in Intel XDK and in CocoonIO then you can use them both for the same app. Basically the certificate is like the author's sign.

Thanks for clearing that up

• I had the same issue of Interstitial not showing up on Android build. To make it work, all I did was remove the reference to Cordova Admob and re-add it again (Plugin Management screen)

And IT WORKED!

I am not sure what changed but this worked for me.

On Android: Also if you are using Game Plugin (by Cranberyygame), you need to first add reference to cordova Admob and then add Game Plugin. Else there are some duplicate dependency files added to the project that causes build to fail. If Game Plugin is already present then remove it and add it after you referenced Admob.

On iOS: The additions.xml seem to take care of the fact that lastest references are made before building the game.

• all I did was remove the reference to Cordova Admob and re-add it again

Maybe Cranberrygame has updated the library?

There is always some little chaos after major changes. I'm sure everything will be clear very soon.

• Have uploaded a new build of my game to Google play using C2 beta & new XDK, unfortunately the frame rate is still pretty awful. I was hoping the new versions of xdk/cordorva/crosswalk would fix this.

• The latest version of XDK/AdMob Combi is a DISASTER.

http://imgur.com/7YJyhXA

I also have to disable WKWebView because it is causing all kinds of compilation errors with the latest version of the XDK.

I am so going to NEVER USE XDK again after this project, I am SICK and TIRED of them CONSTANTLY .... just CONSTANTLY breaking their own software.

Check out their [MOD EDIT] stunt:

Using EXACTLY the version they want you to use and still says please use the version that you have already selected.

It is like the bully that ask why are you hitting yourself.

And when you ask them, their answer is "please send us your project file so we can find out".

Sure why don't I give you MY ENTIRE GAME....

I am [MOD EDIT] SICK AND TIRED of having to deal with Intel XDK's "don't know when it will break again" periods...

Public Service: Build 2866 of Intel XDK STILL WORKS WITH AdMob and iOS, QUICKLY DOWNLOAD THIS EARLIER BUILD WHILE IT IS STILL WORKING!!!

• Works better for me. My game runs better and does not lag anymore when displaying Admob banner ads. Cannot get full-screen ads to work though.

Removed and added it again as was suggested. Fixed it for me. Working now

Also tested Adbuddiz. That's also working.

• Ashley regarding the "Use New Intel XDK project format". I just tried it with new project. In this project I use Appodeal plugin. While importing project to Intel XDK an error popped up that Intel couldn't find Appodeal in the Cordova sources - fair enough.... but then the project was not created at all. I was expecting just this plugin not being added to the plugin list.

Then when I tried to import from project as HTML from this source I got another error that this project already contains Inte XDK files.

I think all of this is not on your side but you wanted some feedback of the new feature so... thought you might want to know that when there is some not standard plugin used then this function is not useful.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • After fixed the plugins errors (I've to remove all the plugins references in the XDK file created by C2 and add one by one using the plugin management (8 plugin in total)) I could finally create the android/crosswalk version of my game. For my huge disappointment, after wait for a month, I get the same fps as before the update (10 fps). My iOS version also built in XDK (previous version) runs smoothly and I'm afraid to upgrade it. I'm very frustrated!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)