New CocoonJS plugin from Ludei! Open source!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • Same here. Just having the new plugin in the project causes it to fail to run.

• Same here. Just having the new plugin in the project causes it to fail to run.

That's why he made it open source, so it can be fixed

• shaircast no the game is called Hovering Hal. The services didn't actually work since I was using CJS, but they are in the code. In a quick test last night, the game froze at the point of opening the leaderboard, so I will playing more with it today.

Mayfly Yeah, I just downloaded the zip. Then followed their instructions.

Manual Install

Close Construct 2

Checkout the 'master' branch from this repository

Copy the file src/cocoonjs_prelude.js into CONSTRUCT_2_INSTALLATION_FOLDER\exporters\html5\, make sure to replace the file when you are asked.

Copy the contensts of the folder /src/plugin/cocoonjsads into CONSTRUCT_2_INSTALLATION_FOLDER\exporters\html5\plugins\cocoonjsads.

That's all!

• ArcadEd Tom Hanks! I was downloading each file manually from the folders on the left. Now you mentioned Zip I found that on the right and those files let me open construct 2 again. preview export doesn't work Though

• NO worries. My google app is locking up every time I am requesting login or accessing leaderboards .

I posted on Ludei's facebook page. They always say to use their support website, but they never, ever answer any questions on there, so I just publicly ask questions on their facebook. They tend to answer .

• I create app. Export as CocoonJS (I don't minify script) and cloud compile and install the signed debug apk on my device and debug via the eclipse debug window.

Here is the error I get.

04-22 09:20:43.463: E/IDTKLog(28882): IDTK_LOG_ERROR: [JS] Invoked in void com::ideateca::service::js::utils::JSUtilities::PrintException line 94: JavaScript Exception ( Tag: 'timer'): TypeError: Cannot call method 'isLoggedIn' of undefined

04-22 09:20:43.463: E/IDTKLog(28882): at Acts.socialServiceRequestLogin (c2runtime.js:21392:34)

04-22 09:20:43.463: E/IDTKLog(28882): at Action.run_object (c2runtime.js:14269:10)

04-22 09:20:43.463: E/IDTKLog(28882): at EventBlock.run_actions_and_subevents (c2runtime.js:13748:38)

04-22 09:20:43.463: E/IDTKLog(28882): at EventBlock.run (c2runtime.js:13721:9)

04-22 09:20:43.463: E/IDTKLog(28882): at Runtime.executeSingleTrigger (c2runtime.js:10948:10)

04-22 09:20:43.463: E/IDTKLog(28882): at Runtime.triggerOnSheetForTypeName (c2runtime.js:10895:16)

04-22 09:20:43.463: E/IDTKLog(28882): at Runtime.triggerOnSheet (c2runtime.js:10843:13)

04-22 09:20:43.463: E/IDTKLog(28882): at Runtime.trigger (c2runtime.js:10832:12)

04-22 09:20:43.463: E/IDTKLog(28882): at Layout.startRunning (c2runtime.js:12011:16)

04-22 09:20:43.463: E/IDTKLog(28882): at Runtime.go_textures_done (c2runtime.js:9285:29)

• Same here, my game stops at the flickering ludei logo screen. I tried it with both the 2.0 and the 1.4 cloud compiler.

I used the plugin hotfix together with C2 167.2

• So it's impossible to use leaderboards yet?

• so far not... but i hope that we have in this community enough smart people to make it happen.

• Well then I tried this(several times) and my working game just stopped working because it stays at the ludei flicker screen... the google play 24hr waiting time doesn't help my cause either.

Darn.. I had high hopes for this update... ludei what kind of self respecting programmer pushes out a non working plugin that breaks more than it fixes! (i don't mean it as a bad way im just saying hey man that sucked)

ArcadEd Thanx for your efforts on trying to make this work... they're greatly appreciated. I do agree with your previous statement that Ashley should be able to check if he can fix this and integrate it properly to C2 ... I think he's kinda swamped with work tho so I'm guessing if considered it'll go into the back burner... which leaves us right were we were... waiting...

Oh well. **searches for his chips, soda and a JS manual just in case**

Frankly I believe C2 should have an in house plugin to deal with such things.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well then I tried this(several times) and my working game just stopped working because it stays at the ludei flicker screen... the google play 24hr waiting time doesn't help my cause either.

Darn.. I had high hopes for this update... ludei what kind of self respecting programmer pushes out a non working plugin that breaks more than it fixes! (i don't mean it as a bad way im just saying hey man that sucked)

ArcadEd Thanx for your efforts on trying to make this work... they're greatly appreciated. I do agree with your previous statement that Ashley should be able to check if he can fix this and integrate it properly to C2 ... I think he's kinda swamped with work tho so I'm guessing if considered it'll go into the back burner... which leaves us right were we were... waiting...

Oh well. **searches for his chips, soda and a JS manual just in case**

Frankly I believe C2 should have an in house plugin to deal with such things.

agree! Ashley should take over the cjs plugin, i need the new features from new plugin but it wouldn't work with my existing project.....

• > Well then I tried this(several times) and my working game just stopped working because it stays at the ludei flicker screen... the google play 24hr waiting time doesn't help my cause either.

>

> Darn.. I had high hopes for this update... ludei what kind of self respecting programmer pushes out a non working plugin that breaks more than it fixes! (i don't mean it as a bad way im just saying hey man that sucked)

> ArcadEd Thanx for your efforts on trying to make this work... they're greatly appreciated. I do agree with your previous statement that Ashley should be able to check if he can fix this and integrate it properly to C2 ... I think he's kinda swamped with work tho so I'm guessing if considered it'll go into the back burner... which leaves us right were we were... waiting...

> Oh well. **searches for his chips, soda and a JS manual just in case**

> Frankly I believe C2 should have an in house plugin to deal with such things.

>

agree! Ashley should take over the cjs plugin, i need the new features from new plugin but it wouldn't work with my existing project.....

The problem is that ashley used to maintain the cocoonJS plugin, but due to lack of communication from ludei, he couldn't do it properly, so it was ludei's job to maintain it

And so I do not expect Ashley to maintain it again, unless you talked about just fixing it for this particular moment

• Ludei are impossible to work with: they've previously made broad, sweeping breaking changes and been unable to provide a list of changes or ways to work around them or otherwise update old code so it still works. I literally could not figure out how to update the plugin, so I told them to maintain it themselves. Now open-sourcing it is a thinly veiled way of dumping it back on our laps, with the extra bonus of having completely broken it again.

I am not happy with this. I will do my best to fix up Ludei's mess yet again since lots of people are already using it, but please, if at all possible move over to Ejecta - it's open source so we can maintain it ourselves and, erm, not completely break it every few months. Crosswalk should work well for Android too.

• Ashley +1 for your decision to try to fix the cocoonJS-Plugin for those who need to use it for now, but else focus on Ejecta.

• I can totally understand Ashley's unhappiness.

Due to the indifference of Ludei help center,

recently I tried back to IntelXDK and Phonegap.

Unfortunately, Cocoonjs has the most important features such as best-performance, ads, appstore-leaderboard/achievement integration, which we can't do on other compilers.

If Ejecta and Crosswalk got those features one day, I'll abandon Cocoonjs at the first time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)