New CocoonJS plugin from Ludei! Open source!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • this is so disappointment

• Ludei are impossible to work with: they've previously made broad, sweeping breaking changes and been unable to provide a list of changes or ways to work around them or otherwise update old code so it still works. I literally could not figure out how to update the plugin, so I told them to maintain it themselves. Now open-sourcing it is a thinly veiled way of dumping it back on our laps, with the extra bonus of having completely broken it again.

I am not happy with this. I will do my best to fix up Ludei's mess yet again since lots of people are already using it, but please, if at all possible move over to Ejecta - it's open source so we can maintain it ourselves and, erm, not completely break it every few months. Crosswalk should work well for Android too.

lol, I don't understand why Ludei slight Construct2... this doesn't make any sense... a lot of people use construct2...

If they update the plugin for construct2 and works well, and if they make a subscription for their plugin to remove a splashscreen for example... they will make money from construct2...

so, I don't understand that... I use cooconJS because the performance is good, but when I will buy a mac (very soon) I will move to Ejcta...

but Ashley please, with construct2 is possible to make a serius game and make serius money on mobile (on computer is more difficult....)

everything is moving on mobile, I think construct2 must have a perfect exporter for iOS and android... not for free off course, the best it's to pay for a good software (or plugin) like a subscription or something like that...

I'm making a very good game for iphone, I use cooconJS, (so, I can test on windows7) but now without the Mac I can't move the project... (this is my problem) but if Ejcta performace is bad....

• I am not happy with this. I will do my best to fix up Ludei's mess yet again since lots of people are already using it, but please, if at all possible move over to Ejecta - it's open source so we can maintain it ourselves and, erm, not completely break it every few months. Crosswalk should work well for Android too.

I will definitely move over to Ejecta with my next project. However, I still have to update Trambo and it would be painful to switch exporter at this point, so this is very much appreciated.

You guys are simply the best.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I filled a bug report regarding an humongous glitch that happens on a lot of devices since v2.0 (even in the demo packed with the launcher!!!).

Today (after my decision to use crosswalk and never look back) i checked their support forum and I saw this:

"10 days ago - 0 votes - 0 answers"

I used to be pissed off when CocoonJS was the only viable solution to export games on android devices, but now I'm laughing. I can't really imagine a company with such a bad organization survive the market laws. They HAD a jewel and two years of advantage over their competitors and wasted all of it.

In the near future even low-end mobile CPUs and GPUs will be able to run full browsers at full framerate and solutions like CocoonJS will be useless and out of date.

• Knifegrinder

So your creation is not using any leaderboard benefits?

• It's so frustrating because CJS works so good, when it works. I have 5 games published using it, but with important features missing.

As Ejecta grows, I would be happy to switch to it. Right now, it is just missing some key features like.

1. No monetization besides iAds.

2. No support for full screen ads.

3. Robust list of events and actions.

I haven't played with Crosswalk yet, but from what I understand there is no ad support currently and no google play services support.

• I can understand Ashley too, the best wrapper right now is Cocoonjs but the changes and their support are horrible. It's sad because i think C2 could be the BEST tool for 2d games in android, but the wrappers are not in the same level of quality. But well, HTML5 is a young tech yet so i'm sure that this situation will be better.

• Regarding the bug when using Google play services: "We're working in this issue, just a final checks and we'll do a push to the remote server." https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-pl ... t-41290029

• great news!

• ArcadEd - the IAP object should also work in Ejecta. Also what exactly does your 3rd point relate to?

• Ashley

I'm sure iAP works fine, I was talking about iAds. Doesn't the current plugin only support banner ads and not fullscreen ads? Unless I am missing something, I don't see a way to call full screen ads.

As for my point number 3.

Here is an example of events. Those highlighted are not available in the ejecta plugin, but all of these can be useful in different situations, I have used most of them to make my apps more user friendly. Maybe they are not needed for the base functionality of Ejecta, but they are important imo.

For example, maybe I want to pause the game while the leader board is loading and showing a loading sprite. With the On Leaderboard Closed/Open event I can destroy that loading sprite when the the leaderboard is displayed or closed. Same thing with Achievements. Just little stuff like that. Maybe it's possible to do such things in the current plugin and I just haven't dove in deep enough?

• Ludei are impossible to work with: they've previously made broad, sweeping breaking changes and been unable to provide a list of changes or ways to work around them or otherwise update old code so it still works. I literally could not figure out how to update the plugin, so I told them to maintain it themselves. Now open-sourcing it is a thinly veiled way of dumping it back on our laps, with the extra bonus of having completely broken it again.

I am not happy with this. I will do my best to fix up Ludei's mess yet again since lots of people are already using it, but please, if at all possible move over to Ejecta - it's open source so we can maintain it ourselves and, erm, not completely break it every few months. Crosswalk should work well for Android too.

i can understand your pain, and thanks for trying to fix it.

i'll work with ejecta for future projects, but the previous ones will still need cjs support, at least 1 that i can't move to ejecta because the lack of web audio support.

and i'm waiting for crosswalk to support google play service & admob(or mopub) support.

• hollowthreat - CocoonJS doesn't support Web Audio either, are you sure you can't move to ejecta?

• Ashley sorry probably not web audio, it was the audio play rate feature i mentioned to you earlier, that played a big part in my upcoming new game, which isn't supported by ejecta, and i understand that'd be a lot of work to add that on ejecta.

• really nice

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)