New Android Export Experiences

From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • I tried crosswalk builder today for the first time. I'v been using ConcoonJS for a while now since I found it better / easier than Phonegap.

My experience with Intel's crosswalk is not that great. My app compiles but its very buggy compared to what I am used to and unplayable. Frame rate is significantly lower than on a ConcoonJS export. Also the touch controls do not work as they are meant to so the game doesn't run properly any more. Shame, I was hoping it would work really well.

On a positive now, Clay.io seems to work well integrated into crosswalk which it doesnt work properly on ConcoonJS.

Hopefully in time this method will get better and become a viable alternative.

Mayfly, I'm sorry about the problems you met. It would be helpful for us if you can describe your problems and report bugs in detail to us:

https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/secu ... board.jspa This can help improve Crosswalk to fix your problems here. Thanks a lot.

• My experience with Crosswalk is very possitive Cocoonjs newer work fine... always black screen or other issue...

Edit: Can you make any function to open web pages in default browser? I have more games button and i can run my website only in game ....

• Raiper341 & shaircast

The cordova/phonegap api for inappbrowser lets you open a url in the browser, not the main window. I don't know how to use it from Construct2, but someone else might have published a plugin since it is not specific to crosswalk.

Someone just sent me a crosswalk app that was published to google play using clay.io and leadbolt for ads!

My experience with Crosswalk is very possitive Cocoonjs newer work fine... always black screen or other issue...

Edit: Can you make any function to open web pages in default browser? I have more games button and i can run my website only in game ....

• IntelRobert How did they get Leadbolt working?? I've been trying for over a week, many emails back and forth to leadbolt. It would be great to know exactly how they did that.

Thanks!

• yongsheng

Thanks for the reply. I will try and sign up and post there as soon as I can. In the meantime, the bugs I am getting are a very poor frame rate and touch screen controls not working as they should. Several touch actions which are meant to be triggered (On end of touch) are being triggered more than once with one press / release.

Cheers

• IntelRobert

Will there be improvements in app startup time? I am sure others are also wondering about this also.

• Mayfly, I was able to fix the "double touch" bug by using the "Canary" build setting from the build page, make sure you are using that, it stopped that from happening on my games.

• Raiper341 You may want to try the open url in new window/tab option (I forget which one is there). For URL's that should launch the default browser.

• No, it does not work... i tried both options...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No, it does not work... i tried both options...

I create one issue to track it:

crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-1037

• yongsheng

I am noticing a very slight delay after playing a sound, and also this same delay happens when looping music. When I test in Chrome it sounds correct, but in Crosswalk there is a split second pause / silence that happens. It is really hard to notice when sounds play, but much easier to spot with looping sounds. I don't hear this issue with CocoonJS or using the Chrome browser.

If I made a test example, where would upload it?

• yongsheng

Thanks for the reply. I will try and sign up and post there as soon as I can. In the meantime, the bugs I am getting are a very poor frame rate and touch screen controls not working as they should. Several touch actions which are meant to be triggered (On end of touch) are being triggered more than once with one press / release.

Cheers

I also experienced the same thing. Frame rate is slow and the touch function so crazy...

• yongsheng

I am noticing a very slight delay after playing a sound, and also this same delay happens when looping music. When I test in Chrome it sounds correct, but in Crosswalk there is a split second pause / silence that happens. It is really hard to notice when sounds play, but much easier to spot with looping sounds. I don't hear this issue with CocoonJS or using the Chrome browser.

If I made a test example, where would upload it?

please create an issue here and upload your test case as an attachment:

crosswalk-project.org/jira

• i have the same issue about touch registering either multiple times or nothing at all.

• Hi Guys,

I managed to use leadbolt and open browser tabs in a new window in crosswalk canary.

First, to user leadbolt, you'll need to install pode's html iframe.

Now make an android app in leadbolt, add an html App Banner, i used 300x250 px and choose open in -current window-!

In pode's iframe put in this url:

http://ad.leadboltmobile.net/show_app_ad?section_id=

and add your ad's id to the end.

Now when building with xdk you'll need to switch INAPPBROWSER permission on, this will open the ads in a browser tab inside the app and the back button will return to the game, also opening a new url in a new window with the browser object will give you a DONE button to return to the game and again you can just press back.

I hope you find this useful.

See how it works in my game:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... kam.jjjump

There is an ad when you die and when you quit, and sharing score to facebook opens in a new window.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)