New Android Export Experiences

From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • : If you select the canary build in XDK you can set the orientation in construct2 to landscape. Look at the end of the details page. Admob support is still in progress. We will write an updated guide.

edit: I see now that you figured out the lock orientation on your own.

Is there an up-to-date guide on publishing using Intel's Crosswalk? Lots of recent changes and additional features or compatibility changes... so hard to keep track of it all.

Is AdMob supported?

Lock orientation to landscape possible?

Silverforce2014-02-10 07:02:19

• TheNewGuy

We released an update for XDK that should make it possible to use XDK on winxp. But I can't guarantee that we will continue to fix bugs.

How does this help people who does not have windows 7??? I cant use crosswalk?!? How do I make an android game without export.

• RenatoB: XDK and Crosswalk are 2 separate projects at Intel. XDK tries to make it easier to use crosswalk by providing a build service, debuggers, and profiler. You also have the option of downloading crosswalk sdk and android sdk and building the APK on your PC.

Any difference between Intel XDK and Crosswalk? I thought they were the same thing? I did not find the "canary" option for Intel XDK. Thanks.RenatoB2014-02-15 18:53:28

• BluePhaze: We are hoping that if we can provide the javascript API's in crosswalk, then other C2 users will volunteer to write plugins so everyone can use the features. It looks like this has happened for other features in C2.

yongsheng One of the limitations working with C2 is that in order to efficiently use API's they have to be integrated with C2 usually via plugins. Writing plugins is not something that most of the designers can do in a stable manner. For most of the wrappers that are added to C2 for exports, plugins are usually created to give an abstraction to the API's to make it easier for the non-coders to use in their games in a consistent manner.

**Edit** This is mainly in regards to being able to use things like audio tags, ads, google play services, etc... with Crosswalk in C2.BluePhaze2014-02-14 19:27:32

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The Canary build was updated today in XDK. It is crosswalk 4 beta. It fixes the problem where exiting the game caused the app to crash. We are hoping to have a fix for the audio problems soon. After that is resolved, we can make crosswalk 4 beta the default build.

• Lots of news, all of it good thanks IntelRobert. I think enabling monetization,ads etc. for C2+Crosswalk through plugins is going to be a real deal clincher for many, it's a little bit of a problem at the moment...

• Lots of news, all of it good thanks IntelRobert. I think enabling monetization,ads etc. for C2+Crosswalk through plugins is going to be a real deal clincher for many, it's a little bit of a problem at the moment...

Yes indeed, XDK/Crosswalk is already so good with performance as well as memory management, that last leg with AdMob is going to make it clearly the only "close to perfect" option for Android.

• I didn't get to use Crosswalk because of the limitations which the tutorial says, like Audio, orientation, status bar, no Ad issues. However it looks like Intel guys works really hard on these issues. I wanna test my app and help them.

Can you let me know what's solved and unsolved?

• All the issues are solved except: Ads & Audio (only on some devices, requires headphones for proper audio).

I know they are fixing Audio in the next Crosswalk update. And AdMob is a priority.

• Time to export my projects to apk

thanks to all intel people and course the C2 team

• shaircast

About audio, it's root caused and we'll fix it in Crosswalk soon.

About ads, we're working on it to provide admob capability to web and it's in a high priority.

• And mopub? i prefer mopub because i can choose how offer me the best price per click.

• I tried crosswalk builder today for the first time. I'v been using ConcoonJS for a while now since I found it better / easier than Phonegap.

My experience with Intel's crosswalk is not that great. My app compiles but its very buggy compared to what I am used to and unplayable. Frame rate is significantly lower than on a ConcoonJS export. Also the touch controls do not work as they are meant to so the game doesn't run properly any more. Shame, I was hoping it would work really well.

On a positive now, Clay.io seems to work well integrated into crosswalk which it doesnt work properly on ConcoonJS.

Hopefully in time this method will get better and become a viable alternative.

• Same here, I tried Crosswalk for the first time. In my case, it was a little bit buggy but great. It works really smoothly and supports Clay.io perfectly

And yongsheng , here's a problem list.

1. My app is not that a big project. However, the size of APK file is almost 18mb, while CocoonJS version is about 10MB(10MB, that's also big size though.)

2. No Ads support(you know)

3. Audio is more buggy than I expected. It's too much delayed from the exact timing, and totally ignores volume settings.

4. When I open URL like "http://play.google.com/blabla", it opens "in the app(not on the default browser of the device)" as desktop version and I can't go back to my game.

• Same here, I tried Crosswalk for the first time. In my case, it was a little bit buggy but great. It works really smoothly and supports Clay.io perfectly

And yongsheng , here's a problem list.

1. My app is not that a big project. However, the size of APK file is almost 18mb, while CocoonJS version is about 10MB(10MB, that's also big size though.)

2. No Ads support(you know)

3. Audio is more buggy than I expected. It's too much delayed from the exact timing, and totally ignores volume settings.

4. When I open URL like "http://play.google.com/blabla", it opens "in the app(not on the default browser of the device)" as desktop version and I can't go back to my game.

1. It's a full web engine so yes, it's somewhat big. we're trying to improve it.

2. yes, we're working on ads support.

3. As far as I know, we've 2 issues in previous versions: volume control can't work, sounds coming out earpiece. The first one was fixed and verified by some users. the second one is under fixing. we have the patch now and will land it into Crosswalk soon. If you have other issues, could you please describe it in detail so that we can easily follow up and fix them?

4. you mean the linked URL should be opened in default browser, right? That's because some apps need online resources. As a result, we can't judge whether to open it in current app or default browser. by default, it's opened in current app. I agree with you. It's a limitation here. IntelRobert, any comments about this?

Many thanks for trying crosswalk and reporting these bugs.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)