New Android Export Experiences

From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Im trying the x86 build of my game on Genymotion, im getting white or black screen =S

I'm not familiar with GenyMotion. But for android emulator,

you need to start the emulator with '-gpu on' option. Otherwise, gpu accelerated apps like chrome and Crosswalk can't be shown.

thanks for trying Crosswalk.

• > For 3rd issue, it's a known issue. That's because of different behaviors on phones and tablets.

> For phones, web audio comes out earpiece while web audio comes out speakers for tablets.

yongsheng: But it is an isolated problem. 10 applications that were generated in the XDK, only one had audio problem. How can I solve this?

And with regard to the problems of error in the construction of two applications? I checked and there are no special characters. What else can cause this?

That's weird.

It's better to isolate the app and provide one test case for us. As a result, we can investigate it.

• Is there any way to get keystore file from corsswalk?

you mean getting keystore file via JavaScript API? currently no.

• Ainxty

"Oh, also, exported app (pre-crosswalk) 18mb. Installed app on phone, 58mb - what?"

really? aahahahah :) ok.. ahahaha :) omg :)

Crosswalk is a full-features web engine which supports plentiful HTML5 features so lots of components are included. It's based on Chromium open source project. For the runtime usage, we've reduced some unnecessary components. Hope we can continue to reduce the binary size. thanks.

• Please reduce the size. It's a pretty significant increase. I wonder if it'd be possible to just include components you need during the build process (letting users select prior). Something similar to where you ask for permissions - maybe for permissions that aren't included don't include those packages in the build? Not sure if that's feasible..

• Please reduce the size. It's a pretty significant increase. I wonder if it'd be possible to just include components you need during the build process (letting users select prior). Something similar to where you ask for permissions - maybe for permissions that aren't included don't include those packages in the build? Not sure if that's feasible..

Unlike to occur because Crosswalk is basically including the CHROME browser engine to run your game. Just deal with it and don't make massive games with tons of HD art... not until Google lift their 50MB APK limit or until we have a viable option for C2 to download extra expansion files.

• That's weird.

It's better to isolate the app and provide one test case for us. As a result, we can investigate it.

yongsheng: I sent a PM with my account details and the name of the applications. Thanks for any help.

• >

> That's weird.

> It's better to isolate the app and provide one test case for us. As a result, we can investigate it.

yongsheng: I sent a PM with my account details and the name of the applications. Thanks for any help.

I can't reply the PM because I don't have the permission. About your question, I'll sync with

• > Is there any way to get keystore file from corsswalk?

you mean getting keystore file via JavaScript API? currently no.

No, i would like to save it on my hard disc drive.

• Ainxty

All things considered, I've had a fair amount of issues with the crosswalk wrapper. Back button binding doesn't work, CPU utilization jumps (not a game logic issue, even a 10 event game burns battery), home button hard crashes the app, window button works, but when you go back to the app it can sometimes hang, and other times the sound cuts out. There are also issues with script minification (though, there issues with that in regular HTML5 export as well) and gamepad support doesn't work (using r161) on Android. At least, I haven't been able to get it to work with an Xbox360, or a PS3 controller hooked up to my N10. Obviously a limited testing environment, but still...

I think I might hold off on deploying to the Play Store until the wrapper is a bit more stable. Don't want 1-stars because the wrapper keeps crashing :(

Oh, also, exported app (pre-crosswalk) 18mb. Installed app on phone, 58mb - what?

I think you might want to reinstall Construct/Intel XDK, you have some serious problems there.

I have tested my game on 7 different Android devices so far and the results are the same:

Back button binding works perfectly for me: (Broswer > On mobile back button pressed). Can't comment on CPU utilization but I've not noticed any abnormal battery drain. Home button works as expected for me. By "Window Button" do you mean the Recently Used Apps list? I haven't noticed any issues myself. Can't really comment on anything else as I have not yet implemented sound into my game but I know this is a known issue and I haven't attempted the use of a gamepad.

The export app size is indeed a rather serious problem that needs to be addressed. Mine is also installing as ~52mb (although the 18.2mb that mine exports as is still FAR too big as Cocoon's export is only 8.5mb).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Insignia

I've been able to get the back button to work in some of my games, but not others. I don't know if this is an XDK issue, because I can always get the back button to work in jquery mobile apps I write and export with the XDK.

Of course despite all the above issues, it's still arguably the best platform to export with.

• RenatoB: about audio problem, it seems the audio can work well except that the volume can't be changed. Actually the system volume is changed. Could you please share more details with us?

For other problems, we're investigating them.

by the way, I don't have the permission to send PM to you.

• RenatoB: about audio problem, it seems the audio can work well except that the volume can't be changed. Actually the system volume is changed. Could you please share more details with us?

For other problems, we're investigating them.

by the way, I don't have the permission to send PM to you.

I appreciate your concern. I´m in contact directly with Xingnan and I hope we can resolve these issues. Thanks.

• matthewhxq: if you want to get the keystore that was used to sign an apk you built with XDK, then send email to

>

> > Is there any way to get keystore file from corsswalk?

> >

> you mean getting keystore file via JavaScript API? currently no.

No, i would like to save it on my hard disc drive.

• bertie Booster

I expect we would leave it to the developer to decide to package crosswalk in the APK or to rely on a shared crosswalk. We are not currently working on the shared crosswalk, so the embedded crosswalk will be your only choice for a while.

My concern is that a game I write and debug/test using say Crosswalk 2.2.4 could be installed work and then break when the customer is required to install say Crosswalk 2.6.1 a few games later. Anyone who Flash Dev'd with AIR will know what can happen when the AIR runtime is updated although to be fair the problems were predominantly in the early days.

If Intel are going to go the way of a one (install) to many (apps) option I do hope there is some way of signing an app to only use verified versions incorporated.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)