New Android Export Experiences

From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • RenatoB

You have to rebuild your project and it show up.

• Thank you,

• yongsheng /

I did a test with 03 applications and the third one gave error several times. Message saying to check the build assets. This may be a standard error? Is there any log or list I can check? Thanks

Complementing: I'm not using special characters and unique behavior is "drag and drop"

Complementing2: An new error occurred during application build (same message). In this case, I?m using Physics/Bullet/Sine behaviors

Complementing3: The last application I tested gave audio problem (sound was very low on the speaker) on my phone (Moto g). I have not tested it on other devices, but in emulation and test mode in the XDK, the sound was normal. The strange thing is that no sound problem in other applications generated in the XDK and tested in Moto g.

• Man all this Crosswalk Ads and Full screen support are getting me really excited!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've successfully compiled a fairly large game (over 500 assets, 820 events) with Crosswalk and pushed it to my device without any issues. One thing I noticed is that large (2mb) audio tracks do not load right away. They appear to pre-load sort of like what you'd expect to see in a hosted game (despite them being already loaded on the device). I did move the music back to the Sound folder instead of Music as I did the same with Windows 8 and it was fine. Apparently not the case here.

RenatoB I had this issue when I had an apostrophe in my app name. I also had this issue when I tried to compile with a version number without a period. It does not seem to necessarily have anything to do with 'Assets'.

• Ainxty: Thanks for suggestion. I had read about it and I did a thorough review to see if there were special characters. I hope that there might be another reason and that may fix the problem.

• I've successfully compiled a fairly large game (over 500 assets, 820 events) with Crosswalk and pushed it to my device without any issues. One thing I noticed is that large (2mb) audio tracks do not load right away. They appear to pre-load sort of like what you'd expect to see in a hosted game (despite them being already loaded on the device). I did move the music back to the Sound folder instead of Music as I did the same with Windows 8 and it was fine. Apparently not the case here.

Over 3,000 Events for my game and ridiculous amount of assets. Crosswalk ate it, spat it out and its running perfect on every device I've tested so far, it's bloody amazing. Eagerly awaiting AdMob support.

As for audio, try not to have ogg/mp4 larger than 1mb, lots of older mobiles will have stutter and lots of issues with it. Even 1mb music files take awhile to start, I normally preload music on a layout start, then play it a few seconds later to give it time to buffer.

You don't want to add music files into sounds and vice versa, it will break sound on many mobile devices. Music = longer duration, Sound = short fx. Just stick with that.

• yongsheng One of the limitations working with C2 is that in order to efficiently use API's they have to be integrated with C2 usually via plugins. Writing plugins is not something that most of the designers can do in a stable manner. For most of the wrappers that are added to C2 for exports, plugins are usually created to give an abstraction to the API's to make it easier for the non-coders to use in their games in a consistent manner.

**Edit** This is mainly in regards to being able to use things like audio tags, ads, google play services, etc... with Crosswalk in C2.

I see. IntelRobert, any suggestion?

• Any difference between Intel XDK and Crosswalk? I thought they were the same thing? I did not find the "canary" option for Intel XDK. Thanks.

Intel XDK has an export target based on Crosswalk for Android platform. Crosswalk is an open source project and a web runtime based on Chromium project. See crosswalk-project.org

Intel XDK: HTML5 cross-platform app development tools from Intel that help enable developers to shorten time from idea to app store.

See:

newsroom.intel.com/community/intel_newsroom/blog/2013/09/11/chip-shot-intel-xdk-new-helps-advance-html5-cross-platform-app-development

• yongsheng /

I did a test with 03 applications and the third one gave error several times. Message saying to check the build assets. This may be a standard error? Is there any log or list I can check? Thanks

Complementing: I'm not using special characters and unique behavior is "drag and drop"

Complementing2: An new error occurred during application build (same message). In this case, I?m using Physics/Bullet/Sine behaviors

Complementing3: The last application I tested gave audio problem (sound was very low on the speaker) on my phone (Moto g). I have not tested it on other devices, but in emulation and test mode in the XDK, the sound was normal. The strange thing is that no sound problem in other applications generated in the XDK and tested in Moto g.

For 3rd issue, it's a known issue. That's because of different behaviors on phones and tablets.

For phones, web audio comes out earpiece while web audio comes out speakers for tablets.

• All things considered, I've had a fair amount of issues with the crosswalk wrapper. Back button binding doesn't work, CPU utilization jumps (not a game logic issue, even a 10 event game burns battery), home button hard crashes the app, window button works, but when you go back to the app it can sometimes hang, and other times the sound cuts out. There are also issues with script minification (though, there issues with that in regular HTML5 export as well) and gamepad support doesn't work (using r161) on Android. At least, I haven't been able to get it to work with an Xbox360, or a PS3 controller hooked up to my N10. Obviously a limited testing environment, but still...

I think I might hold off on deploying to the Play Store until the wrapper is a bit more stable. Don't want 1-stars because the wrapper keeps crashing :(

Oh, also, exported app (pre-crosswalk) 18mb. Installed app on phone, 58mb - what?

• Ainxty

"Oh, also, exported app (pre-crosswalk) 18mb. Installed app on phone, 58mb - what?"

really? aahahahah :) ok.. ahahaha :) omg :)

• Im trying the x86 build of my game on Genymotion, im getting white or black screen =S

• For 3rd issue, it's a known issue. That's because of different behaviors on phones and tablets.

For phones, web audio comes out earpiece while web audio comes out speakers for tablets.

yongsheng: But it is an isolated problem. 10 applications that were generated in the XDK, only one had audio problem. How can I solve this?

And with regard to the problems of error in the construction of two applications? I checked and there are no special characters. What else can cause this?

• Is there any way to get keystore file from corsswalk?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)