New Android Export Experiences

From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • dooley: About lock orientation, provides a good method to enable it. Another method is using HTML5 API. We've supported 'lock orientation' since Crosswalk-4. I think XDK will integrate it soon. See the spec:

dvcs.w3.org/hg/screen-orientation/raw-file/tip/Overview.html

And our implementation discussion here:

crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-162

• Since Crosswalk-4, the issue of volume control should be fixed for WebAudio. No problem with audio tag.

But the sound is low because web audio is played similar to phone calls.

However, audio tag could be played well. This is same as Chromium.

So if just playing audio files, I think audio tag is a preferred approach.

• dooley: about 'double tap', actually it's a problem for Android 4.2 and older. Now it's fixed in Crosswalk. :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could someone confirm for me: Crosswalk runs only in Android 4.2? I need to buy a cel phone with android to test my apks. Thanks.

RenatoB: Crosswalk could run on Android 4.0+. so versions newer than 4.0 could run Crosswalk.

• Since Crosswalk-4, the issue of volume control should be fixed for WebAudio. No problem with audio tag.

But the sound is low because web audio is played similar to phone calls.

However, audio could be played well.

So if just playing audio files, I think audio tag is a preferred approach.

yongsheng

Can you explain audio tag to us Construct 2 users? Currently we have the Audio plugin, it's got Music and Sound import WAV to OGG/MP4.

How can we go about making audio from Construct 2 games work properly on Crosswalk?

• BiznessMan

When you build with Crosswalk, make sure you click the 'canary' version in the build dialog.

You can also select if you want to run your app in full screen, or with the toolbar showing as well.

Then inside C2, use the Browser Object, and "Lock Orientation" to whichever mode you want.

-----------

thanks, Since crosswalk-4, we supported Fullscreen API. See:

crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-825

the spec is here:

w3.org/TR/fullscreen

• > Since Crosswalk-4, the issue of volume control should be fixed for WebAudio. No problem with audio tag.

> But the sound is low because web audio is played similar to phone calls.

> However, audio could be played well.

>

> So if just playing audio files, I think audio tag is a preferred approach.

yongsheng

Can you explain audio tag to us Construct 2 users? Currently we have the Audio plugin, it's got Music and Sound import WAV to OGG/MP4.

How can we go about making audio from Construct 2 games work properly on Crosswalk?

, audio tag means html5 audio element. See w3schools.com/html/html5_audio.asp

However, for web audio, it's quite different than audio tag. It uses similar mechanism like WebRTC which is for web based real communication. So the sound is for earphone. We'll sync with upstream.

It's web audio here:

html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webaudio/intro

• yongsheng

Is there a plugin for Construct 2 for that? Because the default one is just Audio and its going through the earphone on some devices, or volume controls don't work.

I mean as a C2 user, how do I go about using WebAudio or HTML5 Audio?

• yongsheng Thank you for the update about Ad support. That is very exciting. Is there a time frame for adding this support?

Is there a plan to support Google Play API services (ie leaderboards, achievements, etc), as well? It seems like a natural thing to also support.

Also, is there a upcoming release list for Crosswalk? And a list of when IntelXDK is going to integrate the latest version? It sounds like they are a few versions behind. I have no idea what features are planned, or even already supported in Crosswalk.

Thanks so much for your help!

• : I don't have an idea about how Construct2 handles this. From my experience, some libraries could work and switch between HTML5 audio tag and web audio. Ashley, any comments?

Anyway, it seems a severe issue. We're considering how to fix it inside Crosswalk.

• yongsheng Thank you for the update about Ad support. That is very exciting. Is there a time frame for adding this support?

Is there a plan to support Google Play API services (ie leaderboards, achievements, etc), as well? It seems like a natural thing to also support.

Also, is there a upcoming release list for Crosswalk? And a list of when IntelXDK is going to integrate the latest version? It sounds like they are a few versions behind. I have no idea what features are planned, or even already supported in Crosswalk.

Thanks so much for your help!

Zharzew:

About ad suuport, I believe we'll have a solution soon. Initial support may be Crosswalk-5. Not finalized yet.

About Google play services, I've not digged into them so much. However, it seems to me there is already JS API. Could below link meet your requirement?

developers.google.com/games/services/web/clientsetup

About the planned features, you can use our JIRA system to track it:

crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-964

Each feature has a target release. The release cycle is 6 weeks.

• Zharzew

Are you planning on supporting the new Immersive Mode (true full screen) added in Android 4.4 Kit Kat?

For this question, I open one issue to track it:

crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-979

• yongsheng Yeah, that sounds like the Google Play API Javascript stuff might work, but I don't know anything about javascript plugin coding.

Maybe this is something that Ashley, or some of the other Java Script guru's here could look into?   I am sure all of the Android developers here would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for pointing that link out, and all your other updates!! :)

• yongsheng One of the limitations working with C2 is that in order to efficiently use API's they have to be integrated with C2 usually via plugins. Writing plugins is not something that most of the designers can do in a stable manner. For most of the wrappers that are added to C2 for exports, plugins are usually created to give an abstraction to the API's to make it easier for the non-coders to use in their games in a consistent manner.

**Edit** This is mainly in regards to being able to use things like audio tags, ads, google play services, etc... with Crosswalk in C2.

• Any difference between Intel XDK and Crosswalk? I thought they were the same thing? I did not find the "canary" option for Intel XDK. Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)