CocoonJS plugin updates

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hi ludei,

Thanks for the information, that makes sense - it also explains the issue.

I compared which of my old app versions were compiling correctly, and which weren't. As soon as my project moved from Box2D to CocoonJS Native Physics, it stopped working. It was causing the Ludei logo to flicker indefinitely, but only in the compiled project, not in the launcher from the Play Store.

You know why? Because I didn't tick Box2D (or may have at one point unticked it) in the Configuration of the compiler. I am officially an idiot.

It's all working now - thanks to yourself and ArcadEd for your assistance.

• ludei, I tried to disable lazy loading but could not find the words referring to it, the nomenclature changed or am I looking in the wrong file? Where do I disable lazy loading?

• Hi vitorfgd

search on the c2runtime.js file

"img_["cocoonLazyLoad"] = true;"

and set the value to false

this will disable lazy loading

• For some silly reason I can't seem to get WebStorage to retain saved data such as Local Values with CJS 2.1.1 but it works just fine in version 2.1 .. something happened in the latest CJS update to break WebStorage compatibility (or I'm just doing it wrong, but it worked fine all this time heh).

• I think one of the biggest issues now with the 2.1/2.1.1 compiler is that in iOS 8's WKWebView, you can't use any ajax requests!

Due to Apple's bug, the file:// protocol isn't working properly. Ludei's solution was to open an internal web server and load the files through 127.0.0.1, causing all server requests to be denied due to cross domain restrictions.

This has forced me to keep working with the 2.0.2 compiler, unfortunately...

I've filed a bug at Ludei's support site, this is a very big blocker on all server data based games.

• Hello,

ludei, I tried to disable lazy loading but could not find the words referring to it, the nomenclature changed or am I looking in the wrong file? Where do I disable lazy loading?

Sorry for the inconvenience. It seems there is a change in the name of the feature, but it was not from our side.

search on the c2runtime.js file

"img_["cocoonLazyLoad"] = true;"

and set the value to false

this will disable lazy loading

Yes, this is how it currently works. Thanks a lot for the contribution.

Please, remember not to use the minified version.

For some silly reason I can't seem to get WebStorage to retain saved data such as Local Values with CJS 2.1.1 but it works just fine in version 2.1 .. something happened in the latest CJS update to break WebStorage compatibility (or I'm just doing it wrong, but it worked fine all this time heh).

Could you please send us a test case so we can have a look at the issue? We didn't change anything from the 2.1 to the 2.1.1 regarding webstorage. If possible, please, use our community.

I think one of the biggest issues now with the 2.1/2.1.1 compiler is that in iOS 8's WKWebView, you can't use any ajax requests!

Due to Apple's bug, the file:// protocol isn't working properly. Ludei's solution was to open an internal web server and load the files through 127.0.0.1, causing all server requests to be denied due to cross domain restrictions.

This has forced me to keep working with the 2.0.2 compiler, unfortunately...

Excuse me but why the 2.0.2? There is not a iOS Webview+ in the 2.0.2 and you can use Canvas+ and the System Webview in the 2.1.1 too, so why do you use the 2.0.2? We are aware about that bug, but it is a difficult issue to solve. We are still working on it. However, it is a better solution to use the 2.1.1 and another enviroment if you think the Webview+ for iOS is a trouble.

Regards.

• Could you please send us a test case so we can have a look at the issue? We didn't change anything from the 2.1 to the 2.1.1 regarding webstorage. If possible, please, use our community.

Already did.

http://support.ludei.com/hc/communities ... at-startup

I think it's related to you opening a internal web server and loading the files through local IP... but in 2.1.1 it may have a dynamic port/IP which 2.1 does not. v2.1 works just fine.

C2's implementation of WebStorage depends upon the port & IP on startup, if these change from prior launches, the WebStorage resets or makes a new/default entry.

Anyone who has tested the preview on Chrome or over Wi-Fi has encountered this problem before if they have a dynamic IP or port.

If you want a test case, just make a quick save using global variables and WebStorage to save & recall a top score. Exit the game and restart your iPad, then launch the game again to see if it recalls that save variable. You'll see it working fine in v2.1 (cloud compiled and xcode provisioned not launcher based) but not in v2.1.1!

• ludei

I have checked alpha version of my simple platformer on Android. It works perfectly on Canvas+ and gaves white screen on WebView+. Paradoxally this game works slower on my PC (Chrome) than on weak mobile with Canvas+. So thanks for all your job and efforts.

The only minus is that my mobile gets warm quite fast

• Hello,

>

> Could you please send us a test case so we can have a look at the issue? We didn't change anything from the 2.1 to the 2.1.1 regarding webstorage. If possible, please, use our community.

>

>

Already did.

http://support.ludei.com/hc/communities ... at-startup

I think it's related to you opening a internal web server and loading the files through local IP... but in 2.1.1 it may have a dynamic port/IP which 2.1 does not. v2.1 works just fine.

C2's implementation of WebStorage depends upon the port & IP on startup, if these change from prior launches, the WebStorage resets or makes a new/default entry.

Anyone who has tested the preview on Chrome or over Wi-Fi has encountered this problem before if they have a dynamic IP or port.

If you want a test case, just make a quick save using global variables and WebStorage to save & recall a top score. Exit the game and restart your iPad, then launch the game again to see if it recalls that save variable. You'll see it working fine in v2.1 (cloud compiled and xcode provisioned not launcher based) but not in v2.1.1!

Thanks for publishing it at the community, we will have a look at it. However, I would like to remind you how a bug should be reported at our community: http://support.ludei.com/hc/en-us/articles/203459717-How-to-report-a-CocoonJS-bug

As it is said in the article, every new bug report should have a test case attached that reproduces the problem and should be drafted with the "bug report template". If you don't follow these steps, the process will be much slower.

Regards.

• > I think one of the biggest issues now with the 2.1/2.1.1 compiler is that in iOS 8's WKWebView, you can't use any ajax requests!

> Due to Apple's bug, the file:// protocol isn't working properly. Ludei's solution was to open an internal web server and load the files through 127.0.0.1, causing all server requests to be denied due to cross domain restrictions.

>

> This has forced me to keep working with the 2.0.2 compiler, unfortunately...

>

Excuse me but why the 2.0.2? There is not a iOS Webview+ in the 2.0.2 and you can use Canvas+ and the System Webview in the 2.1.1 too, so why do you use the 2.0.2? We are aware about that bug, but it is a difficult issue to solve. We are still working on it. However, it is a better solution to use the 2.1.1 and another enviroment if you think the Webview+ for iOS is a trouble.

Regards.

I've just realized the magnitude of my stupidity, I could just go with 2.1.1 and "WebView" instead of WebView+... nonetheless, I still have to compile twice, one for Android and WebView+ and one for iOS and WebView.

• ludei is there a documentation on how to use leaderboard? it seems the setting has changed in new plugin(from old C2 built in cjs plugin), also google play leaderboard. i've looked up the demo capx, still confused what to put into "leaderboard_id", also no more request login for leaderboard? i see thats part of "social" now, which i believe is for facebook and not google play or ios gamecenter?

• Hey everyone,

Iam not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but does anyone else got problems with ads on iOS(especially iPad) since the 2.1.1 release?

It seems that cocoonjs does not recognize the correct device and chooses the iPhone ad-Id's instead of the iPad id's. I have tested this with admob, chartboost and iAds. While the other networks seems to work with the iPhone id's, chartboost does not. I have also postet a question ludei 's helpdesk a few days ago but no response yet.

http://support.ludei.com/hc/communities/public/questions/201149089-Serious-iOS-Interstitial-Bug-on-iPads

Cheers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello,

ludei is there a documentation on how to use leaderboard? it seems the setting has changed in new plugin(from old C2 built in cjs plugin), also google play leaderboard. i've looked up the demo capx, still confused what to put into "leaderboard_id", also no more request login for leaderboard? i see thats part of "social" now, which i believe is for facebook and not google play or ios gamecenter?

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. There are no new changes in the C2 Plugin. All the updates we made were for improving the functionality internally. The leaderboard_id works as usually. You have to configure the service in iTunes or in GooglePlay and the fill the field with the id they give you:

Game Center:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/DOCUMENTATION/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/iTunesConnectGameCenter_Guide/Leaderboards/Leaderboards.html

Google Play:

https://developers.google.com/games/services/common/concepts/leaderboards

Iam not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but does anyone else got problems with ads on iOS(especially iPad) since the 2.1.1 release?

It seems that cocoonjs does not recognize the correct device and chooses the iPhone ad-Id's instead of the iPad id's. I have tested this with admob, chartboost and iAds. While the other networks seems to work with the iPhone id's, chartboost does not. I have also postet a question ludei 's helpdesk a few days ago but no response yet.

Yes, we are having a look at it, but we didn't find any error. We suggest you to check if the ids you generated for the ads are in the right place. According to the description of the issue, it can be that you mixed them. Our demo works fine in all the devices we have (iOS and Android) using the C2 Plugin and the JS Plugins. If the issue persists, please, send us a test case using you ids in which we can reproduce the issue.

Regards.

• ludei Have you guys done some internal tests on WebView+ apps idling on iPhone 6? I have some reports that it does not suspend properly & drains the battery a lot. Perhaps due to waking up the wi-fi calling, because of how you implement loading of app data via local IP into WKWebView, it thinks there's an active net connection required so it keeps waking up the wi-fi. This seem to occur on the iPhone 6 and not iPads.

Again, some users with Firewalls will block the app from loading due to the opening of the IP/port. :/

• ludei I ran several tests today but without luck. I have updated my question on your helpdesk with a link to the used capx, a console log and ad-id's.

This problem occurs with all my iOS applications compiled with version 2.1.1 and tested on an iPad Air. As I already said only chartboost does not work correctly with the iPhone id's. The interstitial shows once after the preload but can not be refreshed.

http://support.ludei.com/hc/communities ... g-on-iPads

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)