CocoonJS plugin updates

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • You can still export to it. Just read the build notes to find out how to activate it -> https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases/r184

• Hello!

Are Incremental achievements working with cocoonjs?

Thanks.

• Hello,

Are Incremental achievements working with cocoonjs?

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean.

• Hello,

>

> Are Incremental achievements working with cocoonjs?

>

>

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean.

https://developers.google.com/games/services/common/concepts/achievements

"When creating an incremental achievement, you must define the total number of steps required to unlock it (this must be a number between 2 and 10,000). As the user makes progress towards unlocking the achievement, you should report the number of additional steps the user has made to the Games services. Once the total number of steps reaches the unlock value, the achievement is unlocked (even if it was hidden). There's no need for you to store the user's cumulative progress."

https://developers.google.com/games/services/android/achievements

Games.Achievements.increment(mGoogleApiClient, "my_incremental_achievment_id", 1);[/code:34omg8vz]
  • Hello,

Sorry for the late response. Regarding your question, no, they are not supported. I think we don't have that feature even on our JS Plugins, which have more features than the C2 plugin. Sorry again.

Regards.

• Hello,

Sorry for the late response. Regarding your question, no, they are not supported. I think we don't have that feature even on our JS Plugins, which have more features than the C2 plugin. Sorry again.

Regards.

No problem. When will this feature be available on CocoonJs? Thanks.

• Hello,

I am afraid it is not currently in our roadmap, and right now it is not one of our priorities as we are about publishing a new release. I am sorry for the bad news.

Regards.

• Hello,

I am afraid it is not currently in our roadmap, and right now it is not one of our priorities as we are about publishing a new release. I am sorry for the bad news.

Regards.

A new release of a plugin or a new cloud compiler?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • A new release of a plugin or a new cloud compiler?

A new cloud compiler.

We will publish a post with all the bug fixes and new features.

• Hi,

I'm having some bad luck with the CocoonJS plugin and I've searched all over for an answer.

Earlier today I set up my leaderboards and achievements within Google Play. In Construct 2, when I use the latest CocoonJS plugin to show achievements, it brings up achievements to a different game, which I believe is iBasket from Ludei.

When I try to bring up the leaderboard, it just crashes outright.

This is only in the Canvas+ CocoonJS Previewer. I've tried building the app with the cloud service, and it doesn't work at all (may be an entirely separate issue but I'm mentioning it in case it's related)

Any help would be appreciated.

• Yeah, testing in the launcher will show Ludei's leaderboard. You need to test the built APK.

• Thanks for the quick reply - that makes sense.

Not sure if this is the best place for it - this is a general CocoonJS question. My game works perfectly using Canvas+ in the CocoonJS launcher with a few seconds load time at the start. When I compile it using the Cloud launcher, it never loads - the Ludei logo just flickers in that lovely way forever (left it for 10 minutes at least). Construct 2 is estimating about 25MB memory usage.

Is there a big difference between compiled and previewed apps, or if it works in one should it generally compile okay?

• I don't ever really use the Launcher app, so I can't really say. I can say I have very rarely had issues with CJS unless I had a plugin installed or was using a feature in C2 not supported. This sounds like something that might only actually function when not in the launcher. I would email for some help. If you can provide them a CAPX, I think it would help.

• Brilliant - thank you, I think you've sent me in the correct direction. Webstorage was throwing up problems before I edited the file - I'll go through as a process of elimination to see what I can change.

Cheers.

• Hello,

Thanks a lot for the answer,

Mark, if possible, open the topic in our community. If you send the capx to that email address, the process will be much slower than using the community. In addition, we prefer a simple test case that reproduces the issue and the reason why we ask for this is easy:

1) It is easier to identify the root of the problem if there are less elements.

2) We understand that some users might be afraid of sharing their game with us, so we won't ask you that.

If after having a look at the issue, we are not able to reproduce it, we will contact you through email for a further investigation.

Apart from this, I would like to explain briefly the differences between the Launcher at the store and a Custom Launcher. The Launcher at the store has our own configuration. This means you will see our ads, you will use our Facebook ID, etc. This can be really useful, for example, for testing if your code is working as it should taking into account the service configuration is properly done.

A custom launcher will use your own configuration, so if something works on the launcher and not on a custom launcher, it is possible that something in missing not in your code but on the service you are trying to use. Of course, you don't need to use a custom launcher always. This is just an option we provide for testing.

Finally, we have the could compiler, which will provide you the final app. This is supposed to be the final step, and it also requires some testing. But this is the complete process (with optional steps ).

Hope this clarifies a little the situation.

Regards.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)