CocoonJS plugin updates

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Thanks ludei, you have been very informative. I hope the relation between C2 and CJS can be mended because CJS is an amazing wrapper I have used for 2 years and it just keeps getting better, especially now that more attention is being paid to the plugin and you guys are communicating with the community.

Ashely, what do you think? Is this something achievable in C2? Do other wrappers that have layout to layout loading have an option for some kind of progress to be shown during loading?

• ludei Thanks for the updates and information.

[quote:r1hg7k05]We'll think about if it's possible to include a check to enable/disable lazy loading in the C2 CocoonJS plugin. By now it has to be done editing the final .js file.

Construct2's selling point is that it is non-programming environment that makes games. So yes, I think it is essential to be included in the C2 CocoonJS plugin.

• Hello ludei , i have a question about your new 2.1 compiler:

[quote:1xlmz6kb]Added the new CocoonJS WebView+ for iOS 8 based on the new WKWebView (Only for 32-bit devices at the moment).

What does that mean for iphone 5s and 6(+)? Webview will fallback to UIWebView, app will not launch or what will happen then?

edit: And if it works, all features of wkwebview (like Nitro JIT and webgl) are supported?

• I can not believe it, but it looks like that the Ludei logo flickering has been solved!

I think since yesterday the flickering is gone on our test devices and the loading times also seems to have improved.

Thanks ludei

• Yeah, it's because of the Layout by Layout loading now.

I'm still not sure the new version is better, until we can find a way to show the user the game is loading between layouts, otherwise having a 5-10 second pause when going to a new layout is bad.

Hoping for some real good communication between Ashley and ludei to get us rocking

• ArcadEd

The ad's are working normally?

https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin/issues/42

• Define normally? That's how they have always worked with CJS, I just make sure I have room.

• Yeah, it's because of the Layout by Layout loading now.

I'm still not sure the new version is better, until we can find a way to show the user the game is loading between layouts, otherwise having a 5-10 second pause when going to a new layout is bad.

That's interesting, in my game (a pretty complex one), I create all objects from events, so I have one layout which holds all the assets.

This asset storage layout (200+ sprites) will get loaded in the beginning (I guess), still I get much faster loading times and no delay when I switch layouts later.

• Construct2's selling point is that it is non-programming environment that makes games. So yes, I think it is essential to be included in the C2 CocoonJS plugin.

The main point here is not "being essential or not", it is "being possible or not". if it is possible, we will do it. We have to figure out if we can first.

What does that mean for iphone 5s and 6(+)? Webview will fallback to UIWebView, app will not launch or what will happen then?

edit: And if it works, all features of wkwebview (like Nitro JIT and webgl) are supported?

Webview will fallback to UIWebView. The problem is that WKWebView has a bug running on 64bit devices as a 32bit app. We are going to support 64bit compilations in the next release, and WKWebView will be supported on those devices.

Regards.

• So I tried the new compiler 2.1. So far I don't like it. The problem is that instead having the game loaded for 5 sec on startup. I now have every layout takes a second to load. Even when it has already loaded before. So it feels slow and you get the urge to press again.

So I rather have a few seconds loading screen then having to wait during the game constantly. So I hope you don't remove the old compiler (2.0.2)

A different question. How do you hide the navigation bar?

• Okay, so the part of lazy loading is still not working as it should, or if I change this piece of code to the end I get the expected result?

Briefly, for me to take advantage of the latest changes without this problem in loading, what should I do? I read everything but still do not understand the exact steps to be taken.

Should I be using the latest version of the plugin as well?

And limit the memory usage interferes in what way?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm trying to take it easy and prefer to answer those doubts.

• Hello,

Hello,

We have a new plugin update. Please, have a look at it, because we fixed an important issue regarding the Webview+.

https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin

There was a problem with the screencanvas when using it on non canvas+ environments (as the new Webview+).

It should work fine now.

Okay, so the part of lazy loading is still not working as it should, or if I change this piece of code to the end I get the expected result?

The lazy loading works as it should. But if you want to disable it, you can use the code I mentioned in the previous message.

Briefly, for me to take advantage of the latest changes without this problem in loading, what should I do? I read everything but still do not understand the exact steps to be taken.

Should I be using the latest version of the plugin as well?

Yes, the latest version of the plugin + compiling your project in the 2.1 version.

And limit the memory usage interferes in what way?

You delimitate the amount of memory your game would use, so the device won't collapse for using too much.

Sorry for the late response.

Regards.

• how can i enable lazy loading?

• Hello,

how can i enable lazy loading?

It is enabled by defaut in the latest C2 Plugin + 2.1 launcher version. If you use the 2.0.X, it won't work.

Regards.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So is there actually any way for me to export my .capx with CocoonJS? I installed the plugin but it seems like I still can't find the option to export with CJS. I only have good things to say about CJS, why did Scirra remove choices? More options is always better

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)