The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • Can you or someone else here please confirm that it is indeed possible to notarize a Construct app ?

I'm ok with investigating about it in Apple's doc, but first I'd like to know if anyone here was able to complete a notarization process.

• As far as I'm aware, any MacOS app at all can be notarized. It's like adding a digital signature - it doesn't matter what's in the app or what it's made of, it's just adding a (cryptographic) "verified" stamp.

• But Ashley next year is it still possible to launch app to test export on MacOs ? Or to each test it will must be notarized to launch ? https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=09032019a

• Construct games have always completely suspended themselves when minimized. When they suspend it stops using requestAnimationFrame at all, so I don't think there is any relevance to that.

Wouldn't that mean that Multiplayer games could break when minimized or is that working independently, regardless of that callback?

• But Ashley next year is it still possible to launch app to test export on MacOs ? Or to each test it will must be notarized to launch ? https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=09032019a

See the tutorial I linked to previously. It describes how to test without notarizing.

Wouldn't that mean that Multiplayer games could break when minimized or is that working independently, regardless of that callback?

Currently we use a hack to keep multiplayer hosts alive while minimized, but I expect browsers will break that sooner or later as they more strictly impose freezing on background pages, since it's critical to save battery life.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley

Now it work and i know how it's work. My question is to next year with the Apple's policy changes on Jan. 1 on notarization.

Just another ask, do you know that notarize and sign the app is not the same thing?

Xcode project is need to notarize MacOs app

• It would be best to direct any further questions to Apple, since it's entirely their process with their software on their platform.

• As far as I'm aware, any MacOS app at all can be notarized. It's like adding a digital signature - it doesn't matter what's in the app or what it's made of, it's just adding a (cryptographic) "verified" stamp.

Well, notarization is not that simple. That's why I was asking here if anyone has already succeeded in notarizing a Construct app.

Even codesigning an app created by Construct is everything but easy. It took me a lot of time and researches to finally do it.

• Ashley Ok but if Xcode projet is needed to notarize app on MacOs Catalina my ask is how to export Xcode Project from Construct 3 ?

• If you read the Apple documentation that was linked to in the tutorial, it has a section on "Notarize your preexisting software", which does not require starting with an Xcode project.

• Ok! I will try this. Thanks to the link.

• Hi guys. Today I managed to notarize an app made with Construct. I went through Gatekeeper so I guess we have good news here !

• The Roundup has just been updated!

Just a heads up for some NW2 bugs and a workaround for the long standing window size issue. Thanks to Ashley for the idea and Colludium for doing the work!

Changes:

• <Added> How To: Workaround incorrect window size
    • <Bug> --disable-devtools Chromium-Arg Stopped Working (Open Link ➚)
    • <Bug> [NW2] Regression in window sizing (Open Link ➚)
  • Hi, there seems to be a new bug or problem.

Each time I run, the NWjs window loses its configuration and returns to the initial configuration.

That did not happen before.

Watch this video, first adapt the window to the upper left corner of the screen, then run again and the window loses the configuration.

Mi version is 0.43.1

Is this reported?. I don't know if that's what you were talking about in your previous message.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Hi, there seems to be a new bug or problem.

Each time I run, the NWjs window loses its configuration and returns to the initial configuration.

That did not happen before.

Watch this video, first adapt the window to the upper left corner of the screen, then run again and the window loses the configuration.

Mi version is 0.43.1

Is this reported?. I don't know if that's what you were talking about in your previous message.

Try running with the "--disable-features=nw2" chromium arg. If the issue still occurs, it's probably something that's never been supported. If it works, it's an NW2 issue that needs to be reported.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)