The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • If you added the js flags property (not Chromium Args), execute the collection during loading screens and similar (can take a sec or two depending on memory usage). Keep in mind that you need to unload audio first, in order to forcefully release it from memory. Use the example and the Windows task manager to see if it works.

I can't reproduce the icon issue anymore. Could you upload a project for reproduction. I will check it out later.

• FYI I've just released NW.js 0.42.4 for C2 & C3, which includes the new NW2 as default and the fix for faster startup time. There may be a couple more bugs associated with NW2 to flush out, but hopefully we can make sure everything is working smoothly by 0.43.0.

• FYI I've just released NW.js 0.42.4 for C2 & C3, which includes the new NW2 as default and the fix for faster startup time. There may be a couple more bugs associated with NW2 to flush out, but hopefully we can make sure everything is working smoothly by 0.43.0.

Thanks for doing it regardless! The more options, the better.

• TheRealDannyyy

The icon bug doesn't happen with 0.42.4, because NW2 isn't really enabled for me, while in 0.42.5 (nightly build) is.

Thanks for the GC thingy, worked :)

• TheRealDannyyy

The icon bug doesn't happen with 0.42.4, because NW2 isn't really enabled for me, while in 0.42.5 (nightly build) is.

That's weird. Try removing the old chromium arg to enable it or download the recently released Scirra build. No clue why or how that could happen.

• > TheRealDannyyy

>

> The icon bug doesn't happen with 0.42.4, because NW2 isn't really enabled for me, while in 0.42.5 (nightly build) is.

That's weird. Try removing the old chromium arg to enable it or download the recently released Scirra build. No clue why or how that could happen.

Already did that, it's strange. 0.42.4 icon works fine, but nw2 isn't enabled by default, if i add the arg the icon gets glitched again and nw2 enabled.

0.42.5 is enabled by default as supposed to :S

I'm on C2

• Already did that, it's strange. 0.42.4 icon works fine, but nw2 isn't enabled by default, if i add the arg the icon gets glitched again and nw2 enabled.

0.42.5 is enabled by default as supposed to :S

Are you sure this isn't caused by a faulty app icon or ResHack?

You still didn't upload anything for me to test on my end.

• Are you sure this isn't caused by a faulty app icon or ResHack?

You still didn't upload anything for me to test on my end.

Not using ResHack,

I'll upload a test project after work!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Windows caches icons pretty aggressively so that might be a reason you're seeing an old icon. Try renaming the executable file to something different.

• There has been a NW2 related fix for icons again. Seems like mainly Win10 systems were affected, that's probably why it worked fine on my end.

Here is the issue (already fixed): github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/7236

• There has been a NW2 related fix for icons again. Seems like mainly Win10 systems were affected, that's probably why it worked fine on my end.

Here is the issue (already fixed): github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/7236

I confirm it's fixed now :D

• Ashley You probably know if this is useful. The requestAnimationFrame() callback seems to be throttled by default, when window is minimized or hidden. I'm not sure how this affects our games or if there is already a "workaround" in place but the manual has a Chromium-Arg to prevent throttling.

Do you think this is necessary for some types games?

• Construct games have always completely suspended themselves when minimized. When they suspend it stops using requestAnimationFrame at all, so I don't think there is any relevance to that.

• Hi NWJS team,

as you guys probably know, the advantage of using NWJS is that we can easily create apps for both Windows and MacOS which are the two leading OS in the world.

It is for me the only way to distribute my apps to 95% of the computer users.

Now I'm really stressed by the way things are going to happen on Mac in a near future :

MacOS Catalina is here and it is even more restrictive than older versions about the apps.

Apple told that all Software should be notarized to be readable on MacOS if the app is not distributed through the Mac App Store.

I have 2 questions about this :

1. Is it possible to distribute Construct products on the Mac App Store ? If yes, where can I find the guide to do this ?
    2. If not, is it possible to notarize Construct products ? If yes, where can I find the guide to do this ?
  • See the tutorial Exporting desktop apps with NW.js which briefly covers notarization. In short, you'll need to refer to Apple's documentation.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)