The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • Hi, I just tested the latest version, and noticed that nw.js was running up to 6 process at the same time, preview and exported (tested with the in-gpu-process method but didn't change anything), I was wondering if that was normal :

Next, there is still an issue with the windows size in preview and export, here different results I obtained with Letterbox Scale and Letterbox Integer Scale :

One of the problem with that issue is resizing during runtime with Integer Scale, for example resizing to the original size (here 320 x 180) will scale down to the lower integer instead :

Resizing with Letterbox Scale only will cause distortions, especially in pixelart games;

A last issue I had is at multiple time the game lauchned as a background process, I had to use the task manager to shut it down;

I hope I detailed everything correctly, thanks for your hard work~

• Hi, I just tested the latest version, and noticed that nw.js was running up to 6 process at the same time, preview and exported (tested with the in-gpu-process method but didn't change anything), I was wondering if that was normal

That's normal, that's how browsers work in general and shouldn't make any problems.

Next, there is still an issue with the windows size in preview and export, here different results I obtained with Letterbox Scale and Letterbox Integer Scale.

I've just released a workaround for wrong window sizing. Please check it out.

A last issue I had is at multiple time the game lauchned as a background process, I had to use the task manager to shut it down

Unless you use an ancient version of NWjs, this should not be a problem. If you experience this with the most recent version, I'll have to take a look at it.

• > Hi, there seems to be a new bug or problem.

>

> Each time I run, the NWjs window loses its configuration and returns to the initial configuration.

> That did not happen before.

>

> Watch this video, first adapt the window to the upper left corner of the screen, then run again and the window loses the configuration.

>

> Mi version is 0.43.1

>

> Is this reported?. I don't know if that's what you were talking about in your previous message.

Try running with the "--disable-features=nw2" chromium arg. If the issue still occurs, it's probably something that's never been supported. If it works, it's an NW2 issue that needs to be reported.

Hi, I tried that but it has not solved anything.

I added the argument to the "package.json" file and then saved the file.

I did the test but the window keeps losing the configuration.

I deleted the argument from the "package.json" file and saved it again.

I have installed the previous version of NWjs 0.42.4 with this version everything works as usual and the window does not lose the configuration. In the gif you can see how I adapt the window, then run again and the window remains.

I think the latest version of NWjs has a bug.

giphy.com/gifs/TiCnncOqV66zA5XM4K

• Hi, I tried that but it has not solved anything.

I added the argument to the "package.json" file and then saved the file.

I did the test but the window keeps losing the configuration.

I deleted the argument from the "package.json" file and saved it again.

I have installed the previous version of NWjs 0.42.4 with this version everything works as usual and the window does not lose the configuration. In the gif you can see how I adapt the window, then run again and the window remains.

I think the latest version of NWjs has a bug.

https://giphy.com/gifs/TiCnncOqV66zA5XM4K

Alright I looked into this and it's actually not a bug. Inside the package.json file (or package-preview.json for C2 preview), is a property called: "position": "center",. This was partly broken during the NW2 switch and has been fixed in NWjs v0.42.5.

The indented behavior has always been to center the preview window on startup and in order to keep it in the same position, you'd just have to keep the preview window open and refresh it when needed.

If you really want to restart the preview window over and over again, just remove "position": "center", property from the package.json file (or package-preview.json for C2 preview).

• > Hi, I tried that but it has not solved anything.

> I added the argument to the "package.json" file and then saved the file.

> I did the test but the window keeps losing the configuration.

> I deleted the argument from the "package.json" file and saved it again.

>

> I have installed the previous version of NWjs 0.42.4 with this version everything works as usual and the window does not lose the configuration. In the gif you can see how I adapt the window, then run again and the window remains.

> I think the latest version of NWjs has a bug.

>

>

>

> giphy.com/gifs/TiCnncOqV66zA5XM4K

Alright I looked into this and it's actually not a bug. Inside the package.json file (or package-preview.json for C2 preview), is a property called: "position": "center",. This was partly broken during the NW2 switch and has been fixed in NWjs v0.42.5.

The indented behavior has always been to center the preview window on startup and in order to keep it in the same position, you'd just have to keep the preview window open and refresh it when needed.

If you really want to restart the preview window over and over again, just remove "position": "center", property from the package.json file (or package-preview.json for C2 preview).

I have reinstalled the latest version of NWjs 0.43.1

I have deleted those values from the files (package.json and package-preview.json) but it does not solve the problem.

Just now the window is not positioned in the center but it continues to lose its size and I have to readjust it to the corner again every time I preview the project.

• Just now the window is not positioned in the center but it continues to lose its size and I have to readjust it to the corner again every time I preview the project.

Why not keep the window open and refresh instead of closing and opening it multiple times?

I don't know what else I could do. Can't reproduce it on my end and I don't have anything I could provide for reproduction.

• I don't close the window at any time, I simply place it in the upper left corner and keep it there.

Then from C2 I press the "Run Layout" button when I need to preview the project and the window loses its size every time.

• I don't close the window at any time, I simply place it in the upper left corner and keep it there.

Then from C2 I press the "Run Layout" button when I need to preview the project and the window loses its size every time.

Alright I managed to reproduce. Something goes wrong with NW2 and reloading. The fix might take a while because it's holiday season.

• I can't reproduce using NWjs v0.43.2, could you also test and confirm? Follow the bug report steps but download the latest SDK build from NWjs.io.

• I have downloaded the "Normal" version 0.43.2 I have unzipped it and pasted it in the folder "C: \ Program Files \ NWjsForC2 \ win64".

Then I tried but nothing has been fixed.

So the "Normal" version is useless and do I have to download the SDK version and paste it in the "C: \ Program Files \ NWjsForC2 \ win64" folder?

Then try again ?.

I tried the version "SDK" 0.43.2 and it didn't solve anything either.

Video

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have downloaded the "Normal" version 0.43.2 I have unzipped it and pasted it in the folder "C: \ Program Files \ NWjsForC2 \ win64".

Then I tried but nothing has been fixed.

So the "Normal" version is useless and do I have to download the SDK version and paste it in the "C: \ Program Files \ NWjsForC2 \ win64" folder?

Then try again ?.

I tried the version "SDK" 0.43.2 and it didn't solve anything either.

As I told you, download the latest SDK build and try to reproduce using my project. This bug is caused by reloading an active page and that's what C2 basically does.

I don't know if C2 is using 32bits of 64bits for preview, you could try replacing both. (Restart C2.)

• Ok, I downloaded the 32-bit SDK version and pasted it into the "C: \ Program Files \ NWjsForC2 \ win32" folder.

Now it works well and the window maintains its position and size.

I have also tried the 32-bit "Normal" version and it also works.

• Unless you use an ancient version of NWjs, this should not be a problem. If you experience this with the most recent version, I'll have to take a look at it.

Yes all the problems I encountered are from the last version, the background process bug included

• Ok, I downloaded the 32-bit SDK version and pasted it into the "C: \ Program Files \ NWjsForC2 \ win32" folder.

Now it works well and the window maintains its position and size.

I have also tried the 32-bit "Normal" version and it also works.

Good to know. Since you already did the replacement work, you can just keep going until the new official Scirra installer is out.

Yes all the problems I encountered are from the last version, the background process bug included.

That's a problem. Keep in mind that a "cold start" (1st start after a reboot) can take some time.

I need some info before I can start investigating:

1. What exact NWjs version(s) does it occur in?
    2. Did you modify your package.json files in any way? (zip and upload if you did)
    3. Could you upload a minimal project for reproduction, if possible?
  • I noticed this post was 3 YEARS OLD... HAs anything been done to make it easier to get a game on STEAM (Steamworks) or are all theses "workarounds" still applicable?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 4 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 4 guests)