GDPR Mobile Advert (Admob) Compliance

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • When I export I just change the App ID in the Mobile Advert property panel to match either Android or iOS then export for Android and change the App ID and export for iOS. Ideally there’d be two App ID text boxes so you could enter Android in one and iOS in the other.

I don’t have a ‘show ad free’ option as I don’t have a paid version available.

Bootfit that's a great workaround, just swapping App ID on export. I don't know why I didn't think of that. thanks!

and you're right, the best solution would be to have two App ID inputs in settings, one for iOS and the other for Android.

• The latest version 0.73 should work for Android... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.ballwalker

Would someone in the EU mind giving it a try and let me know if the dialog pops up? thanks.

• Just updated it. The pop up appears now right before the Play/How screen 👍

• Just updated it. The pop up appears now right before the Play/How screen 👍

Awesome! thanks so much for testing Now we just need iOS.

• > Just updated it. The pop up appears now right before the Play/How screen 👍

Awesome! thanks so much for testing Now we just need iOS.

Congrats dude, sadly i dont have an iOS devince nor do i live in Europe so i cant help =S

You game art is awesome btw

• Now we just need iOS.

Yeah I’ve been poking them continually about that to no avail - it’s been almost 3 months now and still nothing. Also when you take Test mode off your app and try to show real ads on iOS the ads just don’t appear.

There’s clearly an issue with Construct, the GDPR plugin and iOS - we need more users to make a noise about it. If not on here then on places like Reddit where beginner devs are looking for suggestion for game dev engines. If users can’t monetise their iOS apps then Scirra need to clearly state this before users pay up for the year.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Congrats dude, sadly i dont have an iOS devince nor do i live in Europe so i cant help =S

You game art is awesome btw

hey sachos345 thanks a lot. i appreciate the good words. a lot of people disagree and think i need to add color, etc... but i wanted to keep it simple.

• > Now we just need iOS.

Yeah I’ve been poking them continually about that to no avail - it’s been almost 3 months now and still nothing. Also when you take Test mode off your app and try to show real ads on iOS the ads just don’t appear.

There’s clearly an issue with Construct, the GDPR plugin and iOS - we need more users to make a noise about it. If not on here then on places like Reddit where beginner devs are looking for suggestion for game dev engines. If users can’t monetise their iOS apps then Scirra need to clearly state this before users pay up for the year.

Bootfit i see it listed as a bug on github https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1780 which is a good sign and means they're working on it. hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

I'm using the latest plugin and my ads are showing on iOS. the consent dialog does not, but the ads do. you're are not?

• My ads aren’t showing on iOS - only on Android. Both using exactly the same setup. They show fine in test mode but not in test mode off.

Are yours showing in test mode off?

• My ads aren’t showing on iOS - only on Android. Both using exactly the same setup. They show fine in test mode but not in test mode off.

Are yours showing in test mode off?

Yes. My game has been live in the App Store for a while. The current version 0.72 was exported from C3 r111. I can see the ads showing by impressions report in AdMob. You can test for yourself here (if you have an iOS device).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ball-walker-free/id1143315674?ls=1&mt=8

• Odd that yours are appearing but mine aren’t. I’ve even got the emails from Google saying they’re appearing.

Any chance you can post a quick breakdown of your ad layout on your event sheet?

- as I haven't made my app live yet, on the AdMob interface I've yet to click the button 'Link your app with the App Store' - do you think this will be an issue?

Also, I'm building on r111 - but the version of the Mobile Advert plugin is the version I added a couple of months back. Do I need to re-add the plugin for the latest version or does it auto-update?

• Odd that yours are appearing but mine aren’t. I’ve even got the emails from Google saying they’re appearing.

Any chance you can post a quick breakdown of your ad layout on your event sheet?

I posted a screenshot of my setup a few posts back, here https://www.construct.net/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/gdpr-mobile-advert-admob-compl-134920/page-7#forumPost946634 This is all on the loader layout.

- as I haven't made my app live yet, on the AdMob interface I've yet to click the button 'Link your app with the App Store' - do you think this will be an issue?

I think it might be. Go ahead and make your game live, or at least beta, and then link it. I've always published my game, then added ads and linked it in the next update.

Also, I'm building on r111 - but the version of the Mobile Advert plugin is the version I added a couple of months back. Do I need to re-add the plugin for the latest version or does it auto-update?

It should auto-update. If your events look like mine with options to configure the ads with App ID and Pub ID and privacy policy, then it should be the most up to date.

try publishing and good luck

• Been working on this over the weekend on my app - I've got it set up so if MobileAdvert fails to configure or MobileAdvert fails to load (using 'on configuration failed' and 'on banner failed to load') then text boxes appear indicating which.

Both text boxes appear meaning that MobileAdvert fails to configure on iOS and so the banner fails to load.

So the initial issue is getting the banners to configure on iOS.

If has his banners configuring and loading on iOS perhaps its a clash with other plugins that we're using.

The plugins I'm using are: Audio, Browser, Function, GameCenter GooglePlay, LocalStorage, MobileAdvert, Mouse, SocialSharingPlugin, Touch.

which plugins are you using in your app - I'll delete those that don't match yours and see if there's a clash. Also, are you building via Xcode or Cordova?

• Been working on this over the weekend on my app - I've got it set up so if MobileAdvert fails to configure or MobileAdvert fails to load (using 'on configuration failed' and 'on banner failed to load') then text boxes appear indicating which.

Both text boxes appear meaning that MobileAdvert fails to configure on iOS and so the banner fails to load.

So the initial issue is getting the banners to configure on iOS.

If has his banners configuring and loading on iOS perhaps its a clash with other plugins that we're using.

The plugins I'm using are: Audio, Browser, Function, GameCenter GooglePlay, LocalStorage, MobileAdvert, Mouse, SocialSharingPlugin, Touch.

which plugins are you using in your app - I'll delete those that don't match yours and see if there's a clash. Also, are you building via Xcode or Cordova?

here's everything I am using:

array

audio

browser

keyboard

local storage

mobile advert

mouse

text

touch

I build the finished game with Xcode.

• Cheers for the list. I created a dummy app with no other plugin other than the MobileAdvert plugin and the banners still don’t load. They configure fine, just not load.

I created another bug report on git hub but it got deleted as it too similar to the existing bugs.

Just have to sit and wait until the devs get around to fixing it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)