Copy Girl - Megaman inspired platformer

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Action Girl game sprites for side scrolling action adventure endless runner 2D mobile game.
  • Very cool animations.

This could be a good game to promote Construct2 on the web, seems really good.

Congratulations!

• Today we finished our first mini-boss, Cython. (working name..?)

You can chip away at his body segments which makes him lighter and faster, ultimately revealing the cores to do real damage.

Not the craziest miniboss out there but it was great practice and I finally got the whole boss state thing finished. Only ~15 more to go! O_o;

• Today we finished our first mini-boss, Cython. (working name..?)

You can chip away at his body segments which makes him lighter and faster, ultimately revealing the cores to do real damage.

Not the craziest miniboss out there but it was great practice and I finally got the whole boss state thing finished. Only ~15 more to go! O_o;

I'm really loving this game, beautiful graphics, gameplay looks very fun, everything I like ;D

• Alright, so, we reached a big milestone today!

We completed the first level, including a boss and mini-boss. We’re sending out this version to our testers and taking the weekend off ?( ? )?

On Saturday we’re gonna have the game played online for a little “Brazillian games in development” stream. Here’s a link for the stream and a countdown timer

Next we’re moving on to working on our water level, as indicated by the image above

• Some images of our first completed boss

• It's going to be so Rad!!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh man, this looks so awesome! Can't wait to see more.

• Playing around the test room with some new enemies and mechanics for Tsunami's stage. Here we have "drifters" - they zig-zag upwards and launch themselves down when reaching the surface of the water. They're pretty dangerous in groups but can be carefully maneuvered through if you don't feel like fighting them. No match for the Penta Pearl ability, though...which you actually won't have in this stage lol.

• Hi Tokinsom! I recently saw your game on GAMESFODA E3 special. Congrats for the awesome work! Can't wait to play it.

• Very cool Tokinsom! The enemies have some pretty cool movement patterns, and the Penta Pearl ability looks like a fun take on the Skull Barrier and Leaf Shield from MegaMan.

• Still killing it!! Tokinsom Copy Girl is coming along so well! I agree with ryanrybot the movement patterns are awesome.

• Tsunami's stage continues to take shape. Also finished a new ability, Prismatic Pavise. It's a very large shield that absorbs projectiles. When you let go of [shoot] Copy drops it and it floats in the air, eventually exploding horizontally and dealing back the damage it absorbed. It also pierces enemy shields. Really had to lower the framerate for this one but you get the idea!

• Working on a potential wall-tracing ability. You shoot one energy ball horizontally. When it hits a solid it splits in two and traces the walls. When it hits an enemy it splits in two that travel downwards diagonally and eventually trace the walls. They also pass through enemies. Might be a tad overpowered right now lol. This also shows Chemmeleons which work in groups to warp around and shoot at you.

• Really digging the work both of you are putting in. I grew up playing Mega Man (specifically MM3) and seeing a project like this gets me really stoked.

Got a question regarding your backgrounds: Are you doing a composition of objects for the parallax scrolling/backgrounds? I'm specifically referring to this image:

• bclikesyou Kind of. There are 2 main background images with 'cutouts' for animated sprite objects. We thought about doing animated tiles but they vary too much and would have just complicated things. We're also using palette shifting on some backgrounds/tilesets like the original Megaman games did.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)