Copy Girl - Megaman inspired platformer

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Action Girl game sprites for side scrolling action adventure endless runner 2D mobile game.
  • The music stage looks so unique! Wonderful!

• I was just picking C2 and found this RAD game! Keep up the awesome work guys!

And when you say working on the coding of the game, u mean messing around with the pure html code of the game?

I'm teaming up with some friends to work on way more simpler MM based games and may be a hand to know what references u guys use to create sprites/music/and stuff.

Can't wait to play the game of yours!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I was just picking C2 and found this RAD game! Keep up the awesome work guys!

And when you say working on the coding of the game, u mean messing around with the pure html code of the game?

I'm teaming up with some friends to work on way more simpler MM based games and may be a hand to know what references u guys use to create sprites/music/and stuff.

Can't wait to play the game of yours!

Thanks a lot!

HTML isn't a programming language, C2 games are exported as javascript. We say "coding" because that's the general name for it. "Eventing" sounds dumb

I don't have any visual references other than Mega Man and the fact that I'm doing NES graphics

• Ride sound waves to reach new heights

A pink wave will blow you away, while a blue one will suck you in

• Almost done with our music-themed level

• Dang, this just keeps getting better and better. I like that despite the clear Megaman influences, you developed a more artsy overall theme to give an original feel to the game.

• Loving what I'm seeing of this amazing game. Mega Man is my favorite game series, I'm excited to see others making games inspired by it.

• The artwork looks really nice. If you want to learn about level design I would recommend watching

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Weapon Design Overview - Penta Pearl

Our next weapon is the water-themed Penta Pearl

It creates a shield of 5 pearls around you, each doing damage to enemies on contact.

By default this weapon isn’t too effective. It has a low range and will only really get rid of the weaker enemies

But wait! This weapon has a secondary effect. Press the fire button one more time and…

It expands and reaches high rotation speeds, damaging everything around you. The main strength of this weapon is reaching targets above and below

This increased range only lasts a second, so you have to time it well

Remember our list from before? Let’s see how this weapon fares

- Must fill a role that no other weapon does

You can hit enemies directly below and above you, something no other weapon does. It is also the only weapon that goes through walls

- Must have a unique purpose

It has a short range, and a second activation mode. Each pearl can hit enemies 3 times, so it thins out as you hit stuff

- Must not fall under the “dominant strategy” category

Enemies with invulnerable parts will wear out your pearls, while you deal no damage. This weapon also doesn’t deal as much damage as others. it’s power lies in it’s other properties

- The boss you get this weapon from will use it against you

Keep your distance while this weapon is active!

This is a good opportunity to mention another weapon that existed in the early stages of development. It was called 4-Sided Beam, and it would hit enemies in 4 directions near you

Didn’t take long for us to notice it was kinda redundant… Remember the first item on our list?

• The artwork looks really nice. If you want to learn about level design I would recommend watching

Subscribe to Construct videos now

I watched it back when it came out but it didn't feel too relevant. I watched it again recently and it completely changed my life XD

Going back to the first level I made, there was a lot of things "just there for the heck of it". I was making each part of the level as its own thing, instead of having a cohesive progression

My programmer actually called me out on that one. Parts of the level just reused stuff from early on with no purpose, making the level unecessarely long

• happy to hear it helped his entire series is really good

• KnivetonStudios Great link. Never caught that video before and definitely something I immediately wrote down

7Soul Progress is looking great! PS good job on the Metroidvania kit. Guessing you had a hand in that?

• I'm always so jealous of how awesome this is looking.

Tokinsom and 7Soul, you guys inspire me so much to finish my game, with the hope that I can make something as cool as this.

• I'm pretty excited about this .

• New preview video of Stain's Stage, with music by our new composer DDRKirby!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)