Copy Girl - Megaman inspired platformer

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Action Girl game sprites for side scrolling action adventure endless runner 2D mobile game.
  • mudmask Yeah we're using the color replace shader. The palette is stored in a CSV file and parsed/applied in loops.

Interesting. Does that mean your graphics are originally grayscale?

Game looks awesome by the way.

• > mudmask Yeah we're using the color replace shader. The palette is stored in a CSV file and parsed/applied in loops.

>

Interesting. Does that mean your graphics are originally grayscale?

Game looks awesome by the way.

No no... the only thing being colored is the main character when you change weapons. If I remember correctly, recoloring a lot of stuff causes a big performance drop

> mudmask Yeah we're using the color replace shader. The palette is stored in a CSV file and parsed/applied in loops.

>

What platform(s) are you guys releasing this on? because that's a pretty key feature to a mega man - type game... so I feel like that would limit where you guys release this due to the webgl support not being a universal thing, right?

PC/Linux/Mac

• should be fine then... would love to see something like this on the wii u btw.

>

> > mudmask Yeah we're using the color replace shader. The palette is stored in a CSV file and parsed/applied in loops.

> >

>

> Interesting. Does that mean your graphics are originally grayscale?

>

> Game looks awesome by the way.

>

No no... the only thing being colored is the main character when you change weapons. If I remember correctly, recoloring a lot of stuff causes a big performance drop

>

> > mudmask Yeah we're using the color replace shader. The palette is stored in a CSV file and parsed/applied in loops.

> >

>

> What platform(s) are you guys releasing this on? because that's a pretty key feature to a mega man - type game... so I feel like that would limit where you guys release this due to the webgl support not being a universal thing, right?

>

PC/Linux/Mac

• should be fine then... would love to see something like this on the wii u btw.

There seems to be a lot of performance problems with exporting to the Wii U (looks like it doesn't even have WebGL)

• 'Just to add to the WiiU performance discussion -

WebGL is a JavaScript API ; while some consoles have built-in support for WebGL, no console is expected to run games in a web browser. All modern devices have support for either DirectX9/11/12 (PC, XBO, etc.), OpenGL (Mac, Linux, etc.), OpenGL ES (mobiles, FireTV, etc.) or OpenGL variants.

Usually consoles are powerful enough so that exporting a non-native simple game and using a wrapper to map compatible layers of abstraction is a viable option as the performance overhead is negligible for small applications.

WiiU supports OpenGL ; but the GPU is based on an old-ish R700 (custom AMD, HD4xxx, very close to a HD4770) and the architecture is a bit exotic (little video memory, shared pool, etc.) meaning it's imperative to have low-level programmers optimising for eSRAM use to get anywhere with performance. Also, publishing on WiiU has some unique certification constrains (using the gamepad display, etc.)

As a result, all of these together mean that porting to WiiU is usually a non-trivial task, the console requires lots of specific work and optimisations ; which also explains why it's usually left out when games are published on PC/Xbox/Mac/PS or mobile platforms iOS/Android.

• Tokinsom

You work with 7Soul but you don't know what 7Soul designed?

• JamesXXXYZ Erm..I have been programming this game myself from the ground up for months. Not sure where you got that.

Refeuh Thanks for the info. I'm not so concerned about poor performance, as the game is fairly well optimized, but no WebGL means no Copy Girl ^^; All things considered, I don't imagine Copy Girl or many other C2 games will be coming to the WiiU.

• Tokinsom

"Very cool. Looks like it's mixing elements from both classic Megaman and Megaman X. Looking forward to it! (The name is a bit of a turn off though, honestly)"

For me it sounded like you saw it the first time

You did a prototype with metroid zm. Is copy girl one oft the results?

• JamesXXXYZ Oooh. That was before we teamed up.

As for the ZM prototype, that was for a different project that hasn't started yet.

• JamesXXXYZ Erm..I have been programming this game myself from the ground up for months. Not sure where you got that.

Refeuh Thanks for the info. I'm not so concerned about poor performance, as the game is fairly well optimized, but no WebGL means no Copy Girl ^^; All things considered, I don't imagine Copy Girl or many other C2 games will be coming to the WiiU.

yeah. that's too bad. it's a pretty cool console, it seems like there are plenty of hurdles like that though. I'm keeping my eye on some of the C2 games out there though that are coming to the wii u, like the next penelope.

it seems like there could be some other ways to do a palette swap though (back to the original discussion), which would be more universally friendly. I'm hoping someone comes out with an extension like that soon.

hey - keep up the good work!

• Updated an old mockup:

• This is looking pretty good, love the NES styled graphics. I'd like to see it in action.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ask and ye shall receive... 3 months later *ahem*

We also posted a little gameplay preview

Subscribe to Construct videos now

but it's already outdated!

And some new concept art!

(Fuze The Rocker)

(Stain The Painter)

• Looks like a blast,

This is right up there as one of the coolest projects I've seen on these forums.

The sprite work is outstanding!

• I like that.

I like that a lot!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)