Stable update: Z elevation, new export options & more
Don't miss out on the latest and greatest new features in Construct 3
It's a new stable release of Construct 3! If you're updating from the last stable release r131, then this update includes changes from r132, r133, r134, r135, r135.2, r135.3 and r135.4.
• Use the new Z elevation feature to move objects up and down on the Z axis for a simple 3D effect! See the Z elevation teaser video for more information.
• There is now a separate Facebook Instant Games export option. Use this when publishing Instant Games to ensure all the necessary files are included. There are also new features in the Instant Games plugin.
• There is a new Facebook Playable Ads export option, allowing you to export Construct content in a format that can be used as a Playable Ad. See the Playable ad format for more information.
• Try the new 'Monk fight' and 'Procedural terrain generation' examples
• Loads of bug fixes and some optimisations too!
We'll be starting a new beta release update cycle soon. If you'd like to help test it, try the beta release opt-in: choose Notify me about updates for beta releases in Settings. Stay tuned for more updates!
Let us know with a thumbs up!
Usually I don't like videos over text, but the feature video is really helpfully in understanding more context around new features. Thanks Ashley!
Thank you for the amazing updates :) Will certainly be using C3 in some gamejams this year! Interested to try out the advanced random for proc-gen now that you have a demo.
Great work guys,
Z elevation is cool feature.
I want some text animation in 3d.
Try to cover this in next release.
Z elevation looks great! Keep up the good work!
These comments are unacceptable and you have been banned for one week. If your conduct does not improve, next time you will be permanently banned. We are willing to co-operate on any issues but you are required to follow the Forum & Community guidelines.
Such stupid comments.... Construct 3 are evolving fast like a light....
When do we get a tour around the Scirra office and see everyone working at their desk? :)
Thanks for the update! You mention that users in the "beta channel" are making good use of the Z offset feature. What do you mean by beta channel? Is there a link? I'd love to see some examples.
Check out the recent Construct Discord Community Game Jam, a few of them are using Z Elevation.
Thank you, I'll check it out!
It just means people using beta releases.