KENYONB's Forum Posts

  • > Is this supposed to automatically show the Consent dialog box if the player is in the EU?

    >

    > I have the updated advert plugin added and setup in my game Ball Walker for Android (iOS waiting approval). Would someone in the EU mind downloading it and let me know if you see the user consent dialog automatically?

    >

    > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.ballwalker&hl=en_US

    I had the App for a while and it was working good so I opened to try the Consent dialog box but it didn't show me, I thought maybe has to update so I uninstalled and installed it again but now it doesn't work the app it shows a white screen with the add at the bottom of the screen, the add you can see it but the Menu screen is totally white

    I agree with sizcoz maybe every two or third will be less annoying showing the Adds to your customers keep in mind that you die quite a lot and quick, everything else looks great, good luck

    Thanks tarek2 for keeping the game on your phone!

    What Android device are you using? I also get the white screen on my old Nexus 10, but it works on my Nexus 6 and Pixel XL. So I am not sure what is causing it.

    Agreed. I think I am going to get rid of the banner and only show the interstitial every 3 fails.

    Thanks again for playing and I'll report back once I think I have it fixed (and with less ads ;)

  • KENYONB

    The game works on my Moto g6, but doesnt do the user consent stuff, the white screen could be related to the web2gl bug.

    Your ads are working well, but maybe show them every 3rd or 4th go, because its super annoying too often.

    Thanks for testing.

    Yeah, not sure about the white screen. I was exporting the game from C2 and building the signed APK with Cocoon.io, but I eventually ported the game to C3 and built the signed APK with C3. So C3 doesn't seem to be as reliable as Cocoon's Canvas+ export for older devices, or there is a bug somewhere. But it works perfectly fine on my Nexus 6 and Pixel XL. Is there a fix for the webgl bug?

    And thanks for the input about the ads. I need to remove the banner (to improve gameplay) and only show the interstitial every 3rd fail.

  • > Is this supposed to automatically show the Consent dialog box if the player is in the EU?

    >

    > I have the updated advert plugin added and setup in my game Ball Walker for Android (iOS waiting approval). Would someone in the EU mind downloading it and let me know if you see the user consent dialog automatically?

    >

    > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.ballwalker&hl=en_US

    Just downloaded it on Android and I get the loading screen, the title screen with Play and How? Then the screen goes white and loads a banner add at the bottom then just hangs on a white screen.

    thanks for testing. I also get the same results on my very old Nexus 10. What Android device are you using?

  • I installed it.

    Sorry to say it doesn't work here in the u.k

    Thanks for testing.

    I noticed nepeo's comment re: not having more than 12 providers. I am using the default Commonly Used Set. I asked him if it is a limitation of the plugin or what.

    https://www.construct.net/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/gdpr-mobile-advert-admob-compl-134920/page-5#forumPost945580

    So not limiting my ad providers could very well be the reason why the consent is not showing. I'll need to do that then report back.

  • Also it is important that you change your ad technology provider list from default to custom and select a maximum of 12 providers, otherwise it will fail to load the user consent dialog.

    Nepeo According to Google's documentation, we should be able to use the default Commonly Used Providers or a Custom Set to be in compliance.

    So is the dialog fail a limitation of the plugin not being able to handle more than 12 providers?

  • Is this supposed to automatically show the Consent dialog box if the player is in the EU?

    I have the updated advert plugin added and setup in my game Ball Walker for Android (iOS waiting approval). Would someone in the EU mind downloading it and let me know if you see the user consent dialog automatically?

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.ballwalker&hl=en_US

  • > what happened to email notifications for threads I am following I am not receiving any.

    >

    > also, what about post preview? will that be restored?

    Hi KenyonB I saw you in the Spriter forums. Is the program a lifetime one time purchase or subscription based?

    Do you mean Spriter? That was a one-time purchase and will include a free upgrade to Spriter 2 once it is released.

  • what happened to email notifications for threads I am following I am not receiving any.

    also, what about post preview? will that be restored?

  • How do you implement the privacy police url? Is there any template you can use? Do you need a lawyer for it?

    You need to write your own privacy policy as it applies to your game(s) and post it on your website or somewhere else that is publicly available. If you don't have a website, create a Wordpress.com website or something similar.

    For the privacy policy, for instance, if your game uses Admob and also uses Chartboost or Google Analytics, you should disclose that information. And if you collect any personally identifiable information, what do you do with it? etc... there are lots of privacy policy templates and generators out there. The better ones cost money.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • awesome. thanks for the info sachos345 I'll check it out.

    ps- no more email notifications? I am only just seeing this now because i logged into the forums.

  • I don't see any documentation about User Consent in the plugin on the website. What is the proper way to call this? Do you have a working example that I can see in action?

  • I couldn't find this in the documentation (might be still too new) and couldn't find anything in forums already (search still not working) but what is the SHOW AD FREE OPTION in the Mobile Advert plugin settings? It notes "show option to purchase ad free version on user consent screen, but how is the user consent screen activated? And this sounds like an IAP option, so wouldn't we use the Mobile IAP plugin for that? Nepeo

  • It's definitely the Spriter animations. I deleted the Spriter animations in the C2 project and it opened in C3.

  • thanks for the hint! I checked the console and see this:

    [Project] Exception opening: Error: expected a child with tag name 'animation-folder'

    at ǃ_.ǃQr.Element.ǃZH (main.js:2)

    at Function.ǃ_rI (main.js:63)

    at Object.i.push.ǃ_.ǃaL [as ǃbBz] (main.js:63)

    at n (main.js:2)

    at s (main.js:2)

    What exactly does this mean?

    I'm using the Spriter plugin in both C2 and C3, so wondering if it has to do with that?

  • Has anyone else encountered this error exporting a capx from C2 and trying to open in C3?