citron2010's Forum Posts

  • Hi, just noticed this in the notes for r470 beta:

    One notable other change is that when exporting to Android or iOS, the Hide status bar option has been removed. That's not because support for this has been removed - it's just it is now controlled by the Viewport fit project property. If you want to hide the status bar, make sure that option is set to Cover, and it will work the same as checking Hide status bar - and also be more consistent with web exports.

    What happens if I want to hide the status bar but don't want the viewport to cover non-visible areas of the screen?

    I don't really want to have to detect specific devices and rebuild my layouts to accommodate those that don't have unobstructed rectangular screens.

    If this changes makes it into production, I understand it might be possible to manually edit the Xcode project to hide the status bar - but at present I can't test this as it looks like iOS export to an Xcode project is broken - the project's name is just App.xcodeproj rather than <gameName>.xcodeproj and when I try to build, I see loads of errors starting with:

    Cannot find declaration for 'NSObject', superclass of 'FIleUtility'

    Which means nothing to me!

    Thanks!

  • I went to test this on my game and noticed that my Xbox controller didn't work but SHIFT+TAB did bring up the Steam overlay. Realised that when I uploaded my last build I'd forgotten to add:

    "allow-host-input-processing": false

    to my package.json.

    So I uploaded a new build with that option - XBox controller works but the overlay doesn't.

    These are my settings in:

    Steamworks Admin -> Application -> Steam Input

    Opt Controllers into Steam Input:

    Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Generic (DirectInput) & Any Future Devices

    All Unchecked

    Steam Input Default Controller Configuration

    None Selected

    So I _think_ it's the last option that's being discussed here but still don't have both the overlay and XBox controller working at the same time. But to be honest, all the Steam controller options confuse the hell out of me - but willing to test anything anyone can suggest.

  • I LOVE the new ability to pin bars in the editor but find it a little frustrating that unpinning them (if I want the bar to remain visible) also undocks them.

    Anyone else feel the same? Is there a workaround? The only one I can think of is simply to not use pinning but resize the bars manually - but you can't get them as small as the tab shown when they are pinned.

  • No idea but this soundslike a perfect use case for timelines.

  • "http://google.com" - won't load because it's HTTP

    and the HTTPS version won't load because as ROJOhound says it's a CORS issue.

    construct.net loads fine (using iframe -> "navigate to" action), so it's not a C3 issue.

    But you should be getting these errors in the console.

  • hello,pour moi cela ne marche pas: voyez vous le probleme?

    You need a comma at the end of the previous line

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As far as I can tell, the languages displayed in App Store Connect (and in an app's store listing) aren't related to any localization settings inside an app - they just allow you to have store pages and app metadata in different languages.

  • This looks truly amazing - and it has a manual - but that's more of a reference - and I still have no idea how to use it! Any chance of a tutorial? Or are there any good, generic learning resources for shaders?

    But, bravo - I can see this truly elevating Construct's graphical capabilities. Would also love to see some kind of library of user-generated shaders.

  • Where exactly are you seeing those languages?

    Have you used the internationalisation plugin to add your languages to the game?

  • What's happening is that in the sub-event, you're picking ALL LifeTakers.

    I assume you only want to pick the one LifeTaker to which CampoDeteccionEE that the Player collided with belongs?

    How do you currently link LifeTakers to CampoDeteccionEE?

    You might want to look at "Containers":

    construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/project-primitives/objects/containers

    When one object in a container is picked, all other objects in the same container are also picked.

  • Have a read through this and see if “instance variables” are what you’re looking for:

    construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/project-primitives/objects/instance-variables

  • Edit the image in its properties or set it to use an existing object:

    construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/particles

  • Hmmm. I can't seem to get brightness to change either - same symptoms as you - just a black sprite. But what does work is to add a value track then map the sprites brightness to that value every tick whilst the timeline's playing.

  • The reason is because although you only pick Soldiers with animation frame = 1 when a territory is clicked, you loop through ALL SoldierHitbox sprites

  • Hi all,

    I released this game I basically made for myself last year with little promotion, but the feedback I did get suggested it was too hard, so I just released a major update to address this including:

    • Amateur Mode: slows the game a little
    • Aim Assist: gives a little help with your accuracy
    • Flippee Academy: 100 "assists" for you to try to score from to help you learn and practice your technique.

    Available on iOS, Android & Steam

    More info: https://www.flippeeball.com/

    Updated trailer:

    Subscribe to Construct videos now