citron2010's Forum Posts

  • If you look in the inspector, you'll notice that FLYINGENEMY's timer never gets above zero - that's because you're triggering every tick if there's no line of sight so it just keeps resetting. An easy way to fix is by adding a "Trigger once while true" condition to the NOT LOS condition.

  • Seems to be working in this test project:

    drive.google.com/file/d/1xauxzshCpUKnAOHDBouIMEqpDhkr5R-D/view

  • There’s the “Is portrait/landscape” condition in the browser plugin. You’d just need to check it every tick.

  • I've just finished a prototype for a project that does similar so thought I'd put all my recently acquired knowledge to work and make this sample project:

    drive.google.com/file/d/1yFU4VRNWxOfEVbSs5vkE3vu-0ImHsLY7/view

    Essentially, it checks local storage for a picture and if it exists, loads it into a sprite then resizes/repositions it. If you click the picture it opens a file chooser to select a picture - in which case it loads it into the sprite and also saves it. The one gotcha is that to save a picture to local storage requires that the picture be in a binary data object which you can't populate directly from the file chooser. Instead you make an AJAX request to the file chooser to populate the binary object - then you can write it to local storage.

    My project's a little more complex and also involves saving pictures to and loading from a remote server, saving them to local storage for off-line use, caching previous/next pictures in memory to speed up loading when a user switches between pictures plus cropping of photos uploaded via the file chooser before sending them to the remote server for storage - so feel free to pick my brains if you need anything more!

  • There’s a better online generator here:

    https://creativist.studio/css-neumorphism-generator/

    And their CSS TOOLBOX menu has some other generators you might find inspiring.

  • Thanks for adding toggle support!

    New/neo morphism is based around the concept that elements are "made" of the same material as their background (so typically the same colour) and are either extruded or intruded - and shadows are used to show this effect.

    Here's a sample from Wikipedia:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neumorphism#/media/File:Neumorphism-fixed.jpg

    And here's an online generator - notice that the box-shadow in the generated code has two shadows defined - typically a dark one and a light one.

    https://neumorphism.io/#e0e0e0

  • Sorry - I missed that example file - very helpful.

    Seems to work fine with touch (obviously no hover though).

    Toggling seems easy to solve - I'd just change the button's parameters on click.

    But I'd got my heart set on a new morphism look and don't think I can use your plugin for that as it requires multiple outer shadows and an inner shadow. Also, I'm now making good progress getting HTML/CSS looking more or less identical on iOS and Android.

    But I will keep this in mind for other projects - and good luck with your larger project.

  • This is fantastic - might be exactly what I'm looking for. I've a UI-heavy mobile project and got stuck trying to get HTML buttons looking the same on iOS as everywhere else so instead reverted to text & 9-patches.

    Some questions:

    Do you have any project files with examples?

    Does it work with touch?

    Can it handle toggling? I.e. it stays in the pressed state on pressed then back to its normal state if pressed again?

  • You need to loop through all selected items like this:

    drive.google.com/file/d/1wTuOM6jCogq5ICDX6EiW_PA0pIclry3C/view

  • This is not the right topic then :D

    I’m just trying to find out if Steam remote play together works with Electron + this.

  • Just to confirm do you use steamworks-ffi-node, right?

    I'm just exporting from Construct using webview2

  • What I've discovered so far is that if the project's exported with the "export for Steam" option, the overlay works, but I get a black screen when trying to use remote play together. If I export without "export for steam", I can see the screen being shared, but can't play because it says "input is temporarily disabled whilst the host is busy" - it seems as if the Steam overlay is required to handle input from the guest, so I'm stuck!

  • Do you happen to know whether this works with Steam Remote Play Together? I can't get my export using C3's new "export for Steam" option working with remote play.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please don't listen to ChatGPT. Refer to YouTube tutorials, documentation, or a forum post like this.

    Sorry, but ChatGPT is massively helpful working with Construct - yes, it's not perfect - its suggestion to use tiled backgrounds cost me around 15 minutes - but as I'd found no other solution, I felt it was worth investigating.

    I'm working on a new project and decided to use LLMs as much as possible and ChatGPT (and Gemini to some degree) have speeded up my workflow enormously. It's just helped me set up a file server and serve it over https using Caddy in minutes. Admittedly that wasn't Construct related, but it then helped me set up all the AJAX requests to authenticate, set request headers and make requests to upload and download text and binary files to this server from Construct - all using events. It's also helped in this project with JSON & array manipulation (two areas I know trip many Construct users (including myself) up), plus helping to resize and position objects to fit constraints, styling elements with CSS, correctly structuring and configuring 9-patches etc. etc.