citron2010's Forum Posts

  • Ok, for anyone that comes across this post whilst searching for this error: "Failed to find or update executable file icons" shown when trying to run WindowsIconUpdater.exe:

    It just means that there's no icon at 256x256 or smaller with purpose = "App icon"

    If you have larger ones, they are correctly ignored.

  • Couldn't post a reply to this thread where the problem was originally reported as it's too old:

    construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/windowsiconupdater-not-172267

    If anyone else encounters this issue, it looks like the icon updater won't work if the icon with Purpose = "App icon" is bigger than 256x256

    For iOS/Xcode, if you set the app icon to "single size", it wants a 1024x1024 icon so that's what I'll keep in the project and just temporarily resize it down to 256x256 for the webview2 export.

  • Have you got any text in the search box?

  • Just a guess, but do you need to add the plugin to the Cordova project using "cordova plugin add" then "cordova prepare" to build the xcode project?

  • It's hard to tell exactly from a screenshot, but I'd start by running the debugger and seeing what your dictionary looks like in the inspector at every step.

  • object.instanceVariable

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Create a new sprite. Move it randomly somewhere within your original sprite's bounding box. Test if it overlaps. If it does, you know your second sprite's X & Y coordinates are within your original sprite's collision polygon.

    drive.google.com/file/d/1lXK463Gy_pxs1DvlUoKuIZBtdkcIB6UY/view

  • Just been reading this:

    construct.net/en/tutorials/savegames-11

    What you can do instead is save the game state to JSON, then save that manually to e.g. local storage - then you _could_ delete it.

  • I think this has been asked before and the answer is that you can't! Instead, just ignore the slot you want to clear or overwrite it.

  • Looks like you could control it with JavaScript using something like:

    kalumajs.org

    You could probably do most of the work in event sheets though.

  • I've just built a "level factory" to build levels that are stored as an array of objects in JSON. I had to use JSON because two of the level parameters are themselves arrays. I can then assign a difficulty that I want to sort the levels by. But I need to download the JSON so I can re-import it as a project file, so currently plan to sort it using an online tool. But I will bookmark this in case I need to sort it at runtime.

  • I use AI quite a lot, but in general I use it to teach me how to do something rather than asking it to do that thing for me. If I try using it to say write some code for me, it might work, but I'll end up with something that I don't understand and is hard to extend or bug fix.

    I've found that ChatGPT's capabilities with Construct has improved significantly over the past few months - it seems to have a much better understanding of C3's event system.

  • For what it's worth, here's what I've just done.

    • I was using a sprite font because I noticed some differences in positioning across platforms when using regular text.
    • But I wanted to translate to Chinese!
    • I implemented the Internationalization plugin
    • Then used ChatGPT to translate - but did it phrase by phrase explaining to the AI the context of what the text was and its meaning - I think it's done a reasonable job - I've translated most of the text back to English and the correct meaning seems to have been preserved - but I will get it reviewed by a native speaker before I release.
    • I then took the zh_hans.json localization file and imported it into this tool:
    • https://r12a.github.io/app-listcharacters/
    • Which listed all the unique Chinese characters used in my text
    • I took that list and used it to create a sprite font using this:
    • https://stmn.itch.io/font2bitmap
    • And the font NotoSansSC-Regular.ttf
    • This meant I could create the sprite font I wanted without having to include ALL Chinese characters - just the ones I need.
    • Then I used an image editor to merge that sprite font with my original one