Spam issue

• Scirra is working to fix all issues as soon as possible.

They are looking into the subscription issue as well as getting rid of the spam waves once and for all.

In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience.

• Scirra is working to fix all issues as soon as possible.

They are looking into the subscription issue as well as getting rid of the spam waves once and for all.

In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the update. By the way, I didn't mean to sound so blunt in my last post, I was in a bit of a rush to get out the door for a meeting. I am sure Scirra are working on it, and it is certainly not them at fault.

What I don't get is that the spam is totally useless, like no links, no adverts, just rubbish.... it's a wonder they even know how to use a keyboard...

• more than 1000 tutorial emails today

and all korean shit

is there no language check in the tutorials ?

they are all listed as English tutorials

• Apologies for the inconveniences with the emails and spam. We have temporarily disabled new tutorial submissions until we can find a way to block the spam submissions. This should at least stop all the subscription emails going out. We are also implementing some measures to prevent the forum spam too, although we need to see how it works over the next few days to see how effective that is.

Sorry for the trouble - this has been a tricky attack, with nearly every aspect of it changing over time making it harder to block.

• I'm still getting emails... perhaps they are just delayed from the amount being sent

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The server has an email queue which can take a few hours to work through, I guess it might take a while to clear...

• can't you just delete the entire queue. I've had at least 100 since my last message.

• Thanks Ashley nice to know. I hate spammers. I like to do that to them spammers but, when I think about it makes me wonder I will be no better then them spammers. I be dropping down to their level and that level be gutter. No thanks I don't want be in gutter

• now they are spaming in the tutorials, and the examples page.

• Is it possible to unsubscribe from the tutorial page?

Deleting emails is getting annoying :p

• >

> You have to look at it as nothing more than a child throwing a tantrum.

>

A disgruntled ex C2 user perhaps..............

yes.. was anyone banned from the forums recently?

• Is it possible to unsubscribe from the tutorial page?

Deleting emails is getting annoying :p

Well you can go to the tutorials page, then scroll down and click on 'Manage Subscriptions' and from there unsubscribe from the various tutorial categories.

I think the problem is, as Ashley stated above, there is an email queue that will take a while to clear. So even after you unsubscribe you will probably continue to receive emails until the email queue clears. Im still getting emails about new tutorials even after unsubscribing from all categories.

• Eh, I've given up speculating on who the terrorist wanna-be is, or what they think they are getting.

The good news is we know where some vulnerabilities are.

The bad news is they all relied on the goodness in people.

• So I suppose it will have to wait till Tom gets back to resolve the issue.

In the mean time shall we name our new spam buddy? I vote for something simple like Carl. All in favor?

When the scirra office closes for the day the forum should change to a darker appearance with the message

"What a horrible night to have a curse..."

Bonus if they can get this music playing in the background.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7tNQXwjAlI0

• > Is it possible to unsubscribe from the tutorial page?

> Deleting emails is getting annoying :p

>

Well you can go to the tutorials page, then scroll down and click on 'Manage Subscriptions' and from there unsubscribe from the various tutorial categories.

I think the problem is, as Ashley stated above, there is an email queue that will take a while to clear. So even after you unsubscribe you will probably continue to receive emails until the email queue clears. Im still getting emails about new tutorials even after unsubscribing from all categories.

same here unsubscribed 2 days ago

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)