Spam issue

0 favourites
  • this is insane. woke up to 500 emails!

• if you unsubscribed, there are still emails already in the pipeline. He stopped any new tutorials yesterday so there should not be any new tutorial emails joining the queue.

• R0J0hound .

This nostalgia. Castlevania2 and his message ( just awful ) that comes up all the time. ^^

• Scirra

How about adding something like: when 3 licensed members report a profile, the reported profiles posting abilities gets halted until checked by staff ?

• I've never experienced such a spam infestation of this kind before. If I was a suspicious person, I could almost imagine it being a deliberate attack from, for instance, a recently banned user.

Just turn off new user registrations for a few days. It will hardly be that much of an issue to new legitimate users, as long as a message informs them of the reason.

• I've never experienced such a spam infestation of this kind before. If I was a suspicious person, I could almost imagine it being a deliberate attack from, for instance, a recently banned user.

Just turn off new user registrations for a few days. It will hardly be that much of an issue to new legitimate users, as long as a message informs them of the reason.

Looking at the posting frequency, it is automated, constantly 2 sets of 2 posts a minute, then a set of 3 posts a minute.

It looks like it is automated advertising for the developer/owner of the sites involved.

The head lines from the subject pop up in google too.

Its been spamming ubi, battle.net, and several others.

• Yea, I know. It wasn't really a serious suggestion - just a mini bout of frustration :/

• So I suppose it will have to wait till Tom gets back to resolve the issue.

In the mean time shall we name our new spam buddy? I vote for something simple like Carl. All in favor?

When the scirra office closes for the day the forum should change to a darker appearance with the message

"What a horrible night to have a curse..."

Bonus if they can get this music playing in the background.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7tNQXwjAlI0

Yeah, Carl sounds great. Why don't we try and monetize it? We could all band together and make a game, call it say, 'attack of the carls'.

• In absolute seriousness now - just set the Newly Registered Users group to "Can ignore flood limit" - "Never".

Set flood limit to something like an hour.

• Whaha, apparently, it's spamming the shiznit out of youtube too.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Scirra

After some research, it looks like this happened last February too on a global scale for a wide variety of forums.

I saw some reports of having success blocking this thing automatically by the use of Mollom.

https://www.mollom.com/

Apparently you can train this content monitoring program (by blocking things) to stop things like this from happening.

Here is a drupal related site thread with some information: https://www.drupal.org/node/2434091

Comment #13 looks promising

• It appears the emails have finally stopped *touches wood*

• This must be what we get for watching The Interview.

• Well, I think the spam has been lessening even with the waves. The website response time seems to be faster today than the last few days, where it would take up to 4 seconds to load anything.

• How about shadow banning these dummy accounts while purging all their messages in one go?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)