Spam issue

0 favourites
  • If you remove their account, there's a good chance they will just create it again, possible on a different IP. Yesterday someone spammed the blog with over 10 accounts.

• For those who report user name accounts, don't bother.

The name you reported were actually already dealt with for hours before you even posted. Reporting names in a topic don't help.

As with any spam, if you find a problematic post in the forums, please do a report clicking the triangle in the top right of any post.

This is the best report you can do.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No let up in sight. After about 90 mins, I got almost 50 spam emails.

• yeah. I just had to delete around 300 emails. Good thing i have them go into a separate folder

• maybe temporarily disable tutorial making until a fix is found? i keep getting emails from them

• the same problem still here (sorry for my bad english)

• Either Scirra has stopped it, or I have (for myself) by going into my tutorial subscriptions and unchecking the broad categories (i.e. All English Tutorials).

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/subscriptions

Tried it, got three tutspams before being able to finish this post. Hope it kicks in soon, i'm around 300 deep. Ah. Another two. Jeez louise.

• Unsubscribe from Tutorial does not work for me

• i'm setting up filters for individual users eg: auto delete all emails with the subject line 'strhrthrth has published a new English tutorial! - Scirra.com' this will stop some emails coming in.

• It seems like not everyone is paying attention to what user's experience on unsubscribing has been.To repeat: unsubscribing from Tutorial does NOT work, does NOT work, does NOT work!

• A restriction allowing a single account to only make one tutorial every x hours would help this issue somewhat.

• Increasing the rep requirement would make it take longer for new spam accounts to be made

• I'd suggest making a tutorial on how to use spam filters in your own email client but, well you know...

• I'm so very f'ing tired of this spam for the tutorials. How do I get off this damn notification list for new tutorials? Are you ever going to do anything to resolve this?

• Nervermind... saw the unsubscribe at the bottom of them. I hadn't opened them to look, but it was there... Ugh, this still needs to be resolved though. I like getting the notifications when they work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)