Spam issue

0 favourites
  • When you ban the user, does it ban the ip address too?

• Maybe a good method of blocking future spam is to automatically prevent (or delete) a comment/topic/post which uses non-English characters, as we do not support other languages of discussion on this site anyway. The users probably shouldn't get banned for that though since sometimes it might be an accident, banning would be a step later after analyzing the post they had made for spam.

• At least stop allowing url's in titles.

Thats just annoying in any language.

• newt [quote:3met3mnx]At least stop allowing url's in titles.

If only that were easy. Can't stop URLs in titles whatwith all the non-ASCII characters used. : (

• Scirra

Please close registration until this spamming stuff is sorted ....

There is a rapid decline in visitors, and it will not do the forum/site reputation any good.

This spam is making visiting here a lot less pleasant and t.b.h. it looks like crap and poor upkeep that it is allowed to go on for days without a simple temporary solution such as closing registration for a few days (with a notification informing them) until a more permanent fix is in place ....

• You just need to fool the spammer into thinking what they're posting is going through so they keep using the same method.

• looks like Korean

Korean, Japanese, Chinese, some Indonesian, banning these characters would do little, next you'll see spam in Tellugu and whatnot

• It seems a lot of places getting hit by this one all over the internet. Forums video sites etc etc, and seems like it's escalating. Time to make some tin foil hats and prepare for the collapse of the internet, and the world as we know it. :p lol

Any news articles about this yet?

• 8 pages of new spam. Hate to say it but denying new user registration will be the only way to stop this for now.

And there has to be a better solution than captcha, because ATM that ain't workin'.

• 8 pages of new spam. Hate to say it but denying new user registration will be the only way to stop this for now.

And there has to be a better solution than captcha, because ATM that ain't workin'.

+1

• Also when we report a post and have a certain age in the forums or a license, could it be possible that said post is inside a quarantaine (aka: no one can sees it until someone in the moderation did said it is not a spam)?

I keep report them currently..

• Over 20 pages of spam and counting. Honestly this is not normal, even for bots. I wonder if someone has a bone to pick or just is doing this for sh!ts and giggles.

I've seen quite a few sites that have been hit the same way, I doubt it's an action against Scirra.

• Gotta love spammers. As least until they get close enough you can strangle them with their mouse cords...

• I just cant get what spammers win while making this trouble, is it just for fun or what?

I think they are just wasting good electricity that people in poor countries can use.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • please do something about spamming please

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)