New Asset Store Beta

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!

after looking into it, seems that people with sharp images , just uploaded it at the end size..., and so it probably doesn't get rescaled, recompressed.

i might have to try it that way...,

but in that way, seems to me, it would be better to not show it on the productpage, in most cases it won't add much

eleanorjmorel this should be fixed next upload, I've generated myself a code to check which you'll see in your item redeem codes page.

blackhornet fixed in next upload

vtrix not sure I understand sorry, screenshots or more details would be helpful

Tom ,

basicly , i think the cropper function is compressing or smoothing the final image too much

if you want a sharp image, you need to upload it at the final imagesize, in turn makes it redundant to show on the product page

(i feel i talk like the architect from the matrix sometimes) maybe less coherent..

Tom in bundles, why are the discounted prices always 1% off, i mean, when i put 30% for every product, i would expect the bundle to be discounted by 30%, but its 29% ..

any reason why that is?

also.. would it be possible in the future to add a product to an existing bundle, you have to recreate the whole bundle if you want to do this..

vtrix hard to fix the image scaling I'm afraid technically, I think it's OK for now.

RE the discount, there's some rounding involved in various currencies/items. This can lead to it dropping a percent, when the representative discount is say 29.999% we list it at 29% so we can't be accused of being misleading.

you can buy your own assets

eleanorjmorel I don't consider that a bug - if you want to buy your own assets you can if you want. No one seems to do this. There may be cases where you do want to buy your assets as well (EG a third party seller creates a big bundle which features on of your assets).

I noticed a lot of the assets are on multiple stores. I also noticed the prices for the unlimited use license don't seem to match the price on the other stores which typically seem to suggest unlimited use.

In fact the single use license seems to match the unlimited use on the other stores.

Why would I buy anything here?

newt it's entirely up to the seller how much they wish to list the asset for on other stores, not much we can do about that.

Tom , Could you please add an option to change the order of images in the Gallery?

newt it's entirely up to the seller how much they wish to list the asset for on other stores, not much we can do about that.

I can understand that.

What I do find disappointing is allowing sellers to sell Addons/Plugins at a 1 project license. So, if I buy a plugin and install it I have to buy it again if I use it for another project?

Example: construct.net/en/game-assets/addons/plugin-facebook-audience-383

Yeah, I noticed there's a few that do that.

Templates, how does that work?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I noticed a lot of the assets are on multiple stores. I also noticed the prices for the unlimited use license don't seem to match the price on the other stores which typically seem to suggest unlimited use.

In fact the single use license seems to match the unlimited use on the other stores.

Why would I buy anything here?

I can explain why, probably not for all cases, but it might justify some cases.

When the closed beta of the store was on, we as sellers, had to include the Single Use license, it was a compulsory choice. Then, Unlimited and Exclusive licenses were additional options. We couldn't choose Unlimited without choosing Single Use.

Therefore, I guess, many opted to put the item on sale knowing that buyers will use anyway the license in several projects. Having the unlimited option was forcing us to ask for a much higher price. I can't recall exactly how much it was before, but now it has to be a minimum of 3 times more.

Me and other seller pushed to have the option to sell only as Unlimited or Exclusive, without having to set a price for Single Use, and then later Scirra's Team did the change.

What happened is, or at least I think, that many sellers didn't want to change again the price settings or didn't notice the new option, and therefore what could have been an Unlimited license since the beginning, now is set a Single Use license.

Of course, some seller might put intentionally the license in that way, in that case, I suggest you ask directly to the seller why on other stores is selling with unlimited use and not on Scirra's Store.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)