The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

• Hi, my name is weewoo. I'm a college dropout who was trying to become a behavioral analyst, now trying to learn how to program to create more intuitive and memorable experiences.

I think the mechanics of video games are my best tool for that.

I also have an odd request, but one that could help me get out of this funk I'm in.

I have a lot of trouble staying on task, so imagine how hard it would be for me to plan a long term project. I have more to-do lists on varying forms of medium than I actually have finished to-do lists. Could one of you email me daily? And challenge me to learn how to use this game maker? I'll be eternally grateful.

• weewoo
  • Hello all. I'm just having a look at Construct 2. Now all I need is some inspiration for something to do with it...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey everybody,

I am new to this Forum but have been programming for a few years already in C++, C#(XNA), HTML, CSS, Javascript and Java(but most C++ and C# .

So I hope for a nice community and sorry for my bad English, it´s not my main language(I am from Austria)

• Hello, my name is Juan. I am 21 years old and im a Software Engeneering student. I am looking foward on creating great games and meeting new people to work with.

Hope to work with you some day!

Juan.

• Hi everybody! I'm (almost) 25 years old, live in Belgium and wish to create some games I've been dreaming and thinking about for a long time. In my studies I had programming and basic HTML/CSS/JavaScript and now I'm a full-time C# developer.

Half a year ago I tried to get my game developer dream kick started by joining a specialized school to create games. It was interesting but I came to realize that I was mostly interested in programming and game concepts. The drawing was way out of my league and the 3D was pretty tricky too sometimes. I felt I was wasting hours and hours drawing and modeling while I wanted to create the logic/engine behind a game. Besides that I was using up all my spare money for this and I know it is hard to make a living of just creating games. That's why I went back to the job market for a general C# developer job where I continue to learn about programming as well and get a good paycheck at the end of the month.

However, I promised myself to never give up my game development dream and would continue to work towards it. Now that I've settled in my new job I can start spending some of my free time on it. Recently I've been doing some research and I decided that I wanted to get my games on multiple platforms. I read about HTML5/JavaScript and all of its possibilities. I was planning to make my games all by hand but I soon found out this not a productive way to get things done. Then I heard about Construct 2 and GameMaker. Now I'm going to give Construct 2 a try and see where it gets me.

Good luck to everyone and maybe we can help each other in the future!

• Hello i am new to Construct 2 and i have no idea what i am doing

• Hi I am new to this website and hopefully it will be better then the other.

• 37yo, from Rio de Janeiro. Actually working as a creative director on

I came from gamesalad but after I've discovered C2 I'm never coming back.

I hope to have interesting things to share with you.

• Hello all! I hope to create great and wonderful things with Construct 2 and I thank you for your patience with me in advance. I currently work for a major domain registrar as a junior developer/automation engineer. I would like to leave that though, as I have lofty dreams of starting a indie gaming company. Wish me luck!

• Beardedeagle
  • Hello,

My name is Lee, I am 42 and I have been involved with video games since my Grand Father bought me a used TRS 80 in 79 that came with three games; Asylum, Galaxy Invasion, and Othello. I never played the Othello and if I remember right I think I put it in a box to be forgotten.

I have one game to my credit (and several attempts) that is called Gumdrop Frenzy. You can actually find more info on Psycho Hamster Games website or on Indie DB. I am primarily the designer and I actually did two quarters of game design before I realized they was not teaching me anything I did not know already.

My passion for game creation came when the big developers started adding less content and more "eye candy". Duke Nukem 3D had about 25 - 30 levels. Now your lucky if there is eight to ten levels. Yes I know they have "checkpoints" now but checkpoints does not give you the same feeling as beating the boss at the end of the level. I remember how excited I was when I beat Metroid, I don't get that same feeling anymore.

I hope the games I create bring back the old school days of throwing stuff because you got pissed when you did not jump at the right time and Mario landed on a spike or in a lava pool. My goal is to make that happen.

• good:)

• Hi guys im a 28 years old entusiast dev who want to learn game dev an make son cool stuff

• Hey, have coded web-based games for awhile. had downloaded construct 2 a while back. Have played around with it some when first downloaded. But then got distracted by other activities. Have been playing around with it a bit more recently. Been gaming online for over 18 years now, console gaming since was old enough to hold an atari controller.

• Holas asdasd

• Hey Everyone,

My name is Tim and I'm from Spokane, WA, USA.

Just graduated with an AAS in Graphic Design

I'm an aspiring interactive developer trying to make some cool games to show off my programming skills.

Most everything points me here for the best 2d game engine.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)