[PLUGIN] Paster

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • If I use "load texture from canvas" action, it only load the texture from canvas at current resolution of Canvas.

Let the canvas resolution is 2000x2000 pixels and during preview canvas is showing at 800x800 for monitor resolution.

Now if paster load texture from canvas, it only load texture at 800x800 resolution instead of 2000x2000.

Please help me to overcome this problem.

• Sourav21

This post has a fix for the bug of pasting stuff with effects. I've been lazy and haven't updated the plugin yet.

By "canvas" it means the view, that's what it tries to load. If you mean the whole layout instead you could try changing the sytem->canvas size to 2000x2000, wait a frame, paste, then set the size back to the original window size.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks a lot man!

It works!

There is a same issue of pasting effect enabled "Paster" object on your "Canvas" Plugin also.

• Sourav21

The canvas plugin is different, it can't paste effects.

• R0J0hound

...is it just me or visible/invisible on Paster is not working?

• Bug. It pastes it regardless right now.

• R0j0hound thx for your work. I have gold for you and a lot of bones in link

here: https://db.tt/ycsJsjou

I made some kind of vhs data glitch using only paster(load texture from canvas) with random masks(no webglfx)

Testing:

On chrome: is ok, firefox: only black lines

I made apk fort test using adobe phonegap and intel XDK

Results on 2 years old equipment:

Galaxy S4(4.4.2): black lines

Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110(with older system 4.2.2): OK! looks great!

This is weird, why why why?

When the WebGL is turned off in project, everythink works fine in firefox and chrome. The apk work fine with webgll off on both devices but performance is bad

Another problem is on setting different canvas size on start(for better fit on mobile with integer scale). Paster is skewed.

R0j0hound !

• rufson

Cool looking effect.

Sorry, I don't use any mobile devices for testing and even so I have no idea why they work differently in some cases. This plugin is basically a thin wrapper to use c2's webgl renderer to draw to a texture. Which is something the renderer does with layers at times. So the performance is what it is, not much I can really tweak.

Skewing would be annoying, maybe you could use only power of two sizes?

• how do i install this? says it doesnt work. I have it in html5 > exporteres > plugins > paster > (paster.c2addon) and its not working.

• Khagan

how do i install this? says it doesnt work. I have it in html5 > exporteres > plugins > paster > (paster.c2addon) and its not working.

From the Manual:

[quote:1ljshf95]Installing new addons (.c2addon files)

Recently developed addons are installed from a file with the extension .c2addon. Simply download the .c2addon file, then drag and drop the file in to the Construct 2 window. Construct 2 will prompt to ask if you want to install the addon. If you approve the install, you must restart Construct 2 before the addon becomes available.

You can also drag-and-drop multiple .c2addon files in to the Construct 2 window and you'll be prompted to install each of them in order.

• Khagan

> how do i install this? says it doesnt work. I have it in html5 > exporteres > plugins > paster > (paster.c2addon) and its not working.

>

From the Manual:

[quote:3kmlc6m9]Installing new addons (.c2addon files)

Recently developed addons are installed from a file with the extension .c2addon. Simply download the .c2addon file, then drag and drop the file in to the Construct 2 window. Construct 2 will prompt to ask if you want to install the addon. If you approve the install, you must restart Construct 2 before the addon becomes available.

You can also drag-and-drop multiple .c2addon files in to the Construct 2 window and you'll be prompted to install each of them in order.

Thank you so much! Very helpful

• rufson

Cool looking effect.

Sorry, I don't use any mobile devices for testing and even so I have no idea why they work differently in some cases. This plugin is basically a thin wrapper to use c2's webgl renderer to draw to a texture. Which is something the renderer does with layers at times. So the performance is what it is, not much I can really tweak.

Skewing would be annoying, maybe you could use only power of two sizes?

Hello R0J0hound, thx for your time.

Power of two sizes don't makes any difference. I made test here for you:

(this is the same project, only difference is on/off webgl)

please move box using mouse.

with webgl on: https://db.tt/uLcOYrsa

with webgl off: https://db.tt/nBTF7Icj

events:

version with "WebGL on" don't work in firefox, ie, safari. only works in chrome.

version with "WebGL off" works everywhere

Maybe this is the problem with action "load texture from canvas" because action "Paste object into canvas" works with WebGLon everywhere.

The action "load texture from canvas" is way faster in some cases than picking all objects and using action "paste object". Please! R0J0hound Please!

• what about using the builtin canvas snapshot then pasting it?

• rufson

I couldn't get the "load texture from canvas" action to work reliably when I was implementing it. The issue is it seems to rely on some undefined behavior with webgl unfortunately, so it should probably be removed from the plugin.

On another note webgl support for my graphics card is poor so even with webgl on it's not used when I preview. Support was better with older browsers oddly enough. As a result I have done nothing with webgl for a while now, so I probably won't have a fix for this.

• rufson

I couldn't get the "load texture from canvas" action to work reliably when I was implementing it. The issue is it seems to rely on some undefined behavior with webgl unfortunately, so it should probably be removed from the plugin.

On another note webgl support for my graphics card is poor so even with webgl on it's not used when I preview. Support was better with older browsers oddly enough. As a result I have done nothing with webgl for a while now, so I probably won't have a fix for this.

I understand. Thank you anyway for this great plugin.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)