[PLUGIN] Paster

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • rufson

I couldn't get the "load texture from canvas" action to work reliably when I was implementing it. The issue is it seems to rely on some undefined behavior with webgl unfortunately, so it should probably be removed from the plugin.

On another note webgl support for my graphics card is poor so even with webgl on it's not used when I preview. Support was better with older browsers oddly enough. As a result I have done nothing with webgl for a while now, so I probably won't have a fix for this.

Can you add "paste layer" to paster?

• I can have another go at it on another PC if I get a chance, but it's not simple to add. Previous attempts were requiring too much code to tweak.

Overall C2's webgl renderer is made to work well with the screen and not arbitrary rectangles like this plugin does. Ideally I'd just call some functions from the renderer but as it turns out instead I needed to copy and heavily modify most of those functions. Pasting objects with effects is one such example and there are differences with my code that can make the pasted image not look the same. There's probably a simpler solution I haven't come up with yet but it'll probably be very hacky.

That is probably one good reason why such a plugin like this would have benifited from being made officially. They could then be able to tweak their renderer to make such a plugin more streamlined.

• I just discovered this plugin//// One of the greats. R0J0hound you are the Demon!

• How do I distort the quad itself? It seems that I can distort the texture only and even so it get distorted by each triangle that forms the quad, if I understood it correctly.

• JoaoCesar

If you want to distort the paster's texture itself you'll need a second paster object to draw to.

• For some reason I can't use effects with objects that i try to paste. Objects are in a family. I get error in both cases if I try to but effects to family or to the object. If I remove the paster effects start to work...

• neverk

There's a fix for that here:

I haven't put the fix in the plugin link yet.

• R0J0hound

Great! That worked like a charm!

Thank you

• R0J0hound

Thanks for the great plugin!

Applied the fix as mentioned a couple posts ago and I'm not sure if it is just me, but it made all the "color" webgl effects work but none of the other like distortions or blends.

I have been cracking my head installing and uninstalling to get the webgl blends (for example, use darken and paste on a paster object) and have tried all kinds of versions. Not sure if is just me as others said the fix worked but they didn't mention if they were using the webgl blends to paste to paster.

Here's the error given when attempting to paste a 'darken' effect sprite onto a paster object after the fix has been applied

http://1drv.ms/1ZGe1kb

• I updated the plugin link with the fix. Using effects like distortion shouldn't cause an error but they may not work correctly. The issue is I never found a way to convert the coordinate parameters, used the distort effects, to be in relation to the paster object.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Now this propably is a stupid question but how do you use theplugin? i cant seem to get it to do anything.

• Now this propably is a stupid question but how do you use theplugin? i cant seem to get it to do anything.

Have you read through any of this thread?

This is one of the most useful plugins ever created for C2, and the forum is full of excellent examples of it's usage, easily found via the search function.

• Juicy

What would you like to do? The most basic thing you can do is draw other objects to it. To do that position the other object so it overlaps the paster object and use the "paste object" action.

• Well, ahem.. it seems to work better if the paster is set to "visible" all is good, just got to get my head checked. Thanks none the less for the kind help.

• Juicy

Well, ahem.. it seems to work better if the paster is set to "visible" all is good, just got to get my head checked. Thanks none the less for the kind help.

An example of usage would be a kind of split screen effect:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34306693/egs4users/SplitScreen/index.html

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)