I meant to have this out back in June(I've been working on this forever), but since nobody knew about this plugin until now, that's okay. So, I now introduce to everybody the:
Advanced Camera Plugin - v0.93b
Download Now(with example) - 150KB
To install, extract the contents of the ZIP file into your Construct folder.
What this plugin does is allows you to have an unlimited amount of named cameras which you can easily switch between, set to follow objects, etc. Here's a list of the main features:
- Create unlimited, named cameras
- Switch between cameras, either smoothly or instantaneously
- Follow objects with advanced options like lag and offset
- Follow at a point between two objects
- Smoothly transition between different locations, zooms, and angles
- Cubic interpolation used so there are no sudden starts or stops
- Camera shake action with magnitude, duration, dropoff, and smoothness settings
- Easy to setup Mega Man style grid scrolling
The download comes with an example showing off the big features and should give people a good understanding of how to use it, but if you have any other questions, be sure to ask, I'll be glad to help.
If you find any bugs, please be sure to mention them and give specific information on what you were doing. Also, if there are any features you'd like to see, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Well, that's it. Download away and be sure to let me know what you think. Enjoy!
NOTE: The example is made in .99.5. Sorry for anybody using an earlier version. I wasn't taking this into account when making the example.