ProUI - Collection of Addons for UI

6 favourites
From the Asset Store
Old school pixels for your UI! Over 800 assets for all you needs!
  • Hey folks, I am currently building a project with a popup that contains scrollable text and just wanted to mention: be super aware how you set the parent-child relationships in your elements.

As long as I have a static window with scrollable text, all is fine, but as soon as it starts moving into the screen, together with a bunch of other elements (e.g. the scrollbar, or a background texture, or a picture...), things get very weird.

E.g.: I had a scrollviewport on a popup window. I moved the scrollviewport up and down, and I made it the parent to the background. This lead to the whole background being the limiting area for the scrolling, not only the viewport.

I got around around this using the pin action (back when hierarchies didn't exist). Had to pin everything at start, unpin on tween finish, repin when hiding, etc... A big old pain in the butt.

It works, and I don't want to mess with that by changing it over to a hierarchy system, so I'm just leaving it as is.

• ProUI addon doesn't work with NWJS v77

The exported application shows black screen and this error in console log:

[C3 runtime] Failed to load all engine scripts in worker: TypeError: Failed to execute 'createObjectURL' on 'URL': Overload resolution failed.
     at LoadScripts (workermain.js:2:258)
     at InitRuntime (workermain.js:5:264)
     at HandleInitRuntimeMessage (workermain.js:1:151)

It works when exported using previous versions - 76, 75, 71 etc.

Is this something that can be fixed?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It a shame that construct 3 can't have these sorts of ui plugins as standard. If one person could do it then why can't the dev team? Ashley

• The error seems to be more general, rather than proUI specific:

github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/8075

• Maybe ProUI calls some method which is bugged in the latest NWJS, because this doesn't happen with other plugins and addons. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

• Maybe ProUI calls some method which is bugged in the latest NWJS, because this doesn't happen with other plugins and addons. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Im using an old version of ProUI and everything work fine for me 🤔

• Hi folks, any news on this? I can't even find the plugin or the help pages on the construct page. Is this plugin dead?

• Yes, it's pretty much dead. The original creator vanished, so...

It seems that the plugin technically still works, if you can get your hands on it.

• Aww what a bummer. I already bought it ages ago, but now experienced a black screen.

For me the problem was that I did not include the plugin object in the project. So if anyone experiences a black screen because of the plugin, check if you actually included it as an object in the project! It also needs to be initialized in the code section. I forgot about that again and again and wondered why it did not work properly.

• TinyCrocodile Oh, thank you so much! I wish I have checked this comment section yesterday as I was forced to build my own custom UI, because of the black screen issue.

Well at least now I can get rid of windows dropdown :)

• Hello everyone. I had a problem using ProUI, when a try to browse between pages and a next (or previous) page has ProUI fuction it won't work and stay in the same page (freezed). When I turn off PROUI its work normaly. Any suggestion?

• Hello, Aekiro! Your plugin is so nice, but I've a big problem. When I create the action to initialise it into an event, sometimes the scene freezes and I can't control anything.

A snapshot of one of the scenes of my project:

Thank you in advance! ;)

Hi, could you get a solution for this problem? I had the same! Could you divide with me this information

• Press F12 to show dev console and share the error.

• Mikal Any chance you guys working together on those other plugins could tackle the whole ui plugin problem in C3?

• I contacted aekiro recently with mikal's idea to fund ProUI becoming open source via the OpenCollective platform. aekiro responded with making it open source for free 5 days ago. So a big thanks to aekiro.

For the time being the community could now help fixing issues.

github.com/aekiro2/C3Addons

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)