[C3] Post screenshots of what you're working on!

From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • Subscribe to Construct videos now

I'm still busy building that level selection map for my upcoming game Baby Dino Adventures.

I finished the camera mechanic this week, and I'm now very busy building the World 1 map. You may notice some strong references to my favourite retro games Yoshi's Island and SMB2/3 which is clearly intended.

I'm mostly using the tilemap behavior to create this, except those happy clouds which moove with the bullet behavior, ofc.

• Collectable Music tracks will be hidden throughout the world to offer variety to the Layered / Situational Audio. I made a tiny little player to help you control audio while you play XYLITH. Pretty happy with this experiment..

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Adde a terminal to get lots of info in game.

gillis

• worked on a weapons system, was able to significantly shrink the number of events needed using the new "objectTypeName" expression that was introduced in the latest update.

list of weapon configuration settings for changing the behaviour of a gun.

made just awesome!

• wasn't happy with how this lose menu/screen looked so I juiced it up.

made use of recent new features such as Image transform added to Tiled Background + the tween behaviour.

• Gillis guessing you are talking about this gif?

sweet!

you can check out how I typically juice my games by checking out any of the public C3 patreon projects https://github.com/SalmanShhh/Public-Construct-PatreonRewards

Good afternoon, I really liked the mechanic of your game. I only begin to study the construct and did not quite figure it out, I understand that there is some kind of pattern resource, (although I don’t understand what it is) but there you, as a developer, can provide the source code of your toy on C3 so that I can study it?

• thats currently only available to my patrons, it is with their support that i was able to work on the project. WRS https://www.patreon.com/SalmanShh

• thats currently only available to my patrons, it is with their support that i was able to work on the project. WRS https://www.patreon.com/SalmanShh

I became as you call it the patron) Sorry for my English)

• This is first level. You can play it here: vladimir7491.itch.io/gavoyra

• Salman_Shh Thanks. I will check it out. I actually saw your C3 IDE code snippet on Twitter from a post you did on Feb-25

• Vladimir Hey, I can see you put some effort in this game. Animations of player and enemies are also nice. Did you create the animations yourself?

I'm doubtful though if people will like this kind of art style. There's also just too much contrast with all those textures. You can't see enemies well enough.

To me, and that could just be me; the textures look a bit cheap and gives me the impression you either 1) Are unable to create your own artwork or 2) Went the cheap way and slapped those textures from a texture site to quickly throw together a game.

Hope I don't sound too harsh, but this is my first impression of your gameplay video.

• Vladimir Hey, I can see you put some effort in this game. Animations of player and enemies are also nice. Did you create the animations yourself?

I'm doubtful though if people will like this kind of art style. There's also just too much contrast with all those textures. You can't see enemies well enough.

To me, and that could just be me; the textures look a bit cheap and gives me the impression you either 1) Are unable to create your own artwork or 2) Went the cheap way and slapped those textures from a texture site to quickly throw together a game.

Hope I don't sound too harsh, but this is my first impression of your gameplay video.

Thank you for advises! I use my photos. They are made during trips by nature.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Drawing TONS of animations for the procedural enemies (Just the lower part for now, then i move to mid and upper)- 10 more sets to go...

• Subscribe to Construct videos now

Dabbling in the world of RPGs... Wish me luck, I might be biting a fair bit more than I can chew x)

I really hope I can succeed at making this, thing is, I'm not that big of an RPG fan, so it's basically my attempt at making one for me specifically, by trying to come up with fixes to my issues with the genre. At least in the gameplay department, I suck at stories xD

Mostly trying to get rid of as much randomness as possible before fun starts taking a hit in my opinion, making sure the player knows about damage formulae, what goes into the attacks and targets enemies choose, letting the player change their mind on how they build their character's stats and skillsets with no unnecessary penalty, etc.

Gameplay-wise, I'm making it to be more or less a cross between Paper Mario and Etrian Odyssey, you explore turn-based, puzzle-filled dungeons full of powerful enemies like the latter, and fight them with action commands, badges and low numbers like the former.

• recreating an old jam game of mine for the weekend.

• added some extra mechanics. + posts seem to be bugged (sorry if anyone got extra notifications) seems to undelete 2 posts and delete 2 posts at the same time its incredibly annoying

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)