What's the easiest way to implement any sort of analytics...

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
amazing template of the game of ordering colors with strings made with construct3 (requires c3 license) optimized with j
  • What's the easiest way to implement any sort of analytics (Flurry/Google Analytics/etc)...

for those who export with C3 xCode project (not cordova) and compiling your signed APK using C3 build service?

Appreciate any insights.

Thanks!

• Bump!

• Does anybody knows if it's possible to use the plugin meant for C2 > export as Cordova project then bring the Cordova project to C3 and export as a Xcode/Signed Release APK? Will it work?

• Bump!

• Yes. Export on Construct 2 and Build using the Construct 3 Build Service.

• From the How do I FAQ for Construct 3 :

Also be aware that analytics will only render one "item".

Your application will likely be considered as a single visited web page.

• From the How do I FAQ for Construct 3 :

If I understand correctly, what you're implying seems to be different from chadorireborn reply, or were you trying to add in more information(s)?

If I am not wrong, what you are trying to say is addons from C2 still needs to be converted to C3 no matter what before you can build your project into a Xcode/Signed release APK file using C3 build service (in order for the addons to work),

while chadorireborn is "saying" that you are able to Export your C2 in C2 as an Cordova Project with the C2 addons and bring it to C3 (under Export Manager) to build into a Xcode/Signed release APK file and the C2 addons will still work.

Now I'm confused but I appreciate the replies guys.

Anyway, I appreciate the link. I did read that and dig around a lot but there's absolutely no answer to my question.

You can have third-part Construct 2 add-ons in Construct 3 by asking their authors to port them using the SDK.

Most authors which came up with C2 Analytics addons has long moved on.

Otherwise, check the Exchange Addon

There's only one Analytics on Exchange Addon but you're not allowed to directly export them as a Xcode/Sign release APK file.

Is it possible then to export them out as Cordova Project on C3 and bring the file back to C3 (under Export Manager) to build as a Xcode/Sign release APK file?

If it's possible, what does this mean though?

When exporting for Cordova remember to call cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-gameanalytics and cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-device in the exported Cordova project.

or this dedicated forum to see if a port already exists.

None at all.

Finally you can try this beta converter.

I'm not an advanced user and the people from that thread highly recommend only people who knows what they are doing to use that converter.

Once you have a Construct 3 version of the add-on, you can install it using the add-ons manager.

Yup, knew about this. Thanks!

Also be aware that analytics will only render one "item".

Your application will likely be considered as a single visited web page.

Pardon me, but I'm not sure what this statement mean. I just need to track basic rate of retention.

• I'm adding more infos.

If your project is made in Construct 3 you will need a dedicated Construct 3 addon.

In theory, you indeed can have your Construct 2 project imported in Construct 3, nevertheless, to do so when using a third-part addon in the Construct2 project, you need to have a dedicated third-part addon for Construct 3 to open the project.

Some of the existing third-part addon authors are not active anymore indeed, but nothing possibly prevents actual active members to take on the addon and port it (that's what chadorireborn did for example with some of rexrainbow's addons).

If you only need to make sure the retention rate to the overall application, an analytic addon should indeed work as intended.

My warning was about if you wanted to analyze every "pages" (or layouts) in your application, as if they were different web pages, analytics perhaps won't allow to track those as easily as they would on an actual website.

• In theory you can make a simple analytic thingy with a little bit of very simple sql/php using AJAX. Basically you can use "On start of Layout" and POST a small bit of data to the server, that then counts up a value by 1 and you know how often a certain layout is visited. You can basically add this to any trigger event (buttons, game won/lost,...) and count all the individual actions.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm adding more infos.

If your project is made in Construct 3 you will need a dedicated Construct 3 addon.

In theory, you indeed can have your Construct 2 project imported in Construct 3, nevertheless, to do so when using a third-part addon in the Construct2 project, you need to have a dedicated third-part addon for Construct 3 to open the project.

There's no need to open the project in C3 though since you add the Cordova Project exported from C2 directly into C3's Export Manager. My only concern was if the addons from C2 will still work if we do it this way and chadorireborn advise is, it will.

To summarize; (This is because we have no Analytics addons whitelisted for C3)

Add C2 Analytics into C2 Project > Export as Cordova file > Import into C3 Exporting manager directly > Build into Xcode/signed released APK file

(If we have Analytics addons whitelisted for C3)

Then we could add C3 Analytics into C3 project > Export straight into (this process also includes the Cordova part) Xcode/signed Release APK file

Now I am curious what's the difference between C3 exporting into Cordova over C2 exporting into Cordova.

Assuming you gain the 3rd party addons this way, what are we losing out on when we aren't using C3 to export into a Cordova project?

Can you please enlighten me? Lol

If you only need to make sure the retention rate to the overall application, an analytic addon should indeed work as intended.

My warning was about if you wanted to analyze every "pages" (or layouts) in your application, as if they were different web pages, analytics perhaps won't allow to track those as easily as they would on an actual website.

Aaaa, thanks for the explanation!

That's what I only need for now but I do want to have the option that if we need more in-depth analysis, that should be possible too down the road.

• Well. You are given three choices by the 3 of us.

1. Export on C2 and build on C3. It will work if the Cordova Plugin reference is white-listed on the C3 Build Service. [Mine]
    2. Port the Construct 2 Cordova plugin to Construct 3. So you can also edit on Construct 3 and take advantage of the new Construct 3 features. [Kyatric]
    3. Use the AJAX plugin and avoid 3rd party Construct plugin and Cordova plugin dependencies. [WackyToaster]

No wrong answer, all are working. It is up to you to pick which is more beneficial to you.

Although, you can also just use the Game Analytics plugin. Which is available for both C3 and C2.

Construct 3:

construct.net/make-games/addons/95/gameanalytics

Construct 2:

construct.net/construct-2/addons/96/gameanalytics

• It is up to you to pick on which is more beneficial to you.

Thanks! I get it. That's why I'm weighing the differences now.

My question is not the same as the first post anymore.

For your option, I've to export into a Cordova Project from C2. Is there any significant differences compared to exporting Cordova project from C3?

It's a trade off if there's a difference. That was what I was trying to ask when I reference you in. I wanted to see if there's any trade off*

There's a 4th option actually. That is to use Enhance but you will have to submit your IPA/APK file into their private server.

Although, you can also just use the Game Analytics plugin. Which is available for both C3 and C2.

Construct 3:

https://www.construct.net/ph/make-games/addons/95/gameanalytics

Construct 2:

https://www.construct.net/ph/construct-2/addons/96/gameanalytics

For GameAnalytics, you still can't export straight as a Xcode/sign Release APK file. You will still have to export out as a Cordova Project in C3 and apply the following instruction. Correct me if I am wrong.

What does this means though? I can't seems to figure it out. I did read their documentation.

When exporting for Cordova remember to call cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-gameanalytics and cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-device in the exported Cordova project.

• You are confusing how export to C2/C3 works.

This is the general idea:

Construct 2 -> Export -> Cordova -> Builder :: Phonegap/Cocoon.IO -> Android or IOS

Construct 3 -> Export -> Cordova -> Builder :: C3-BuildServ./Phonegap/Cocoon.IO -> Android or IOS

There are no trade offs. Since you can also do this.

Construct 2 -> Export -> Cordova -> Builder :: C3-BuildServ./Phonegap/Cocoon.IO -> Android or IOS

The only trade-off is the runtime features and editor features of Construct 3.

But after export, they are all the same.

For GameAnalytics, you still can't export straight as a Xcode/sign Release APK file. You will still have to export out as a Cordova Project in C3. Correct me if I am wrong.

You always need Cordova if you want to make HTML5 games on Construct 2 or 3. And expect it to run on mobile, both on Android and IOS.

Unless you have a native compiler. [Which you don't have to worry about, for now.]

Construct 2 and Construct 3 exports to a Cordova Project. And you will need to build it using Cordova Tools or Cordova Cloud Builds.

Like Construct 3 Build Service, Phonegap and Cocoon.IO.

What it actually means is that, you need to include the Cordova Plugin Reference of the Game Analytics Plugin for it to work on Android and IOS. Or basically, Mobile.

The Cordova Plugin Reference for the Game Analytics is cordova-plugin-gameanalytics.

Because you have asked this, I believe you still haven't tried exporting to Cordova for Android / IOS with Cordova plugins extensions.

But I can't teach and tell you everything in just this reply alone.

So, I recommend you to search for some tutorials on how to build Cordova Apps on Construct 2 or Construct 3 with Cordova Plugins like Admob and IAP using Cocoon.IO.

That should do it. Good luck!

• What it actually means is that, you need to include the Cordova Plugin Reference of the Game Analytics Plugin for it to work on Android and IOS. Or basically, Mobile.

The Cordova Plugin Reference for the Game Analytics is cordova-plugin-gameanalytics.

Because you have asked this, I believe you still haven't tried exporting to Cordova for Android / IOS with Cordova plugins extensions.

But I can't teach and tell you everything in just this reply alone.

So, I recommend you to search for some tutorials on how to build Cordova Apps on Construct 2 or Construct 3 with Cordova Plugins like Admob and IAP using Cocoon.IO.

That should do it. Good luck!

I think I understand but I always had Construct 3 Build Service as the end game in mind. Phonegap and Cocoon.io were never in my plan. I guess you can't use Construct 3 Build Service for GameAnalytics then.

At first, I thought you might be able to export them out as Cordova Project on C3 and bring the file back to C3 (Construct 3 Build Service) to build as a Xcode/Sign release APK file (since you brought GameAnalytics up).

But Construct 3 Build Service doesn't have the option for me to add that reference in (That's controlled from Scirra side if I am not wrong).

So much thanks for the detailed explanation from start to end though! Really appreciate it.

• It is possible using the Construct 3 Build Service. Just request cordova-plugin-gameanalytics to be white listed on the Build Service on the link below, if it isn't yet white-listed.

Link:

github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)