How do I make cloned enemy movement consistent with previous enemy?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Be discreet and rescue your friends from behind enemy lines.
  • FOR REFERENCE - this is related to my previous (solved) post about incremental enemy movement

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/enemy-move-once-go-idle-move-180665#forumPost1102917

I have the movement set for my first enemy (toad), and he moves exactly the way I want him to move, according to his animations; his animation state determines when, where, and how he will move (in this case, a slow hop to the left, collision event with an invisible wall, then he is mirrored, and hops slowly to the right).

My problem is that I CTRL+clicked "toad" (to copy it) and pasted another instance of the same enemy (toad) on the next platform in my level, and the movement animation timing is the same, however the cloned enemy moves much further, and in a quick way. My movement parameter is: set platform vector x to Self.X*-0.8, and I only want the toad to move along the X axis, and as you can see, I don't want it to hop very far each time.

The cloned toad is hopping MUCH farther when his movement triggers, and I cannot figure out how or why this occurs.

Below are screenshots of my event sheet and layout, and I have included a weTransfer link of the game file, in case anyone would like to help. Thank you!

WeTransfer download link

https://we.tl/t-8ZhM656WKT

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • SOLVED

I am solving my own post, but if the mods would allow it, I would be interested in reading how other, smarter people solve my problem.

SOLUTION:

Use "Move forward" and set the number of pixels (in my case, I set it to 8, then 16 on the direction change)

This solves the movement issues, and since the poor toad is just a simple enemy, there is no need for intricate pathfinding or anything.

Pic of my event sheet for anyone's future reference:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)