How do I add Facebook analytics?

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
[C2] [C3] Support C3 build service and Android 13
  • I want to add the Facebook SDK for project analytics. For example, how many players completed the first level?

How can I do it?

• Do you mean for Instant Games? You can use the 'Log event' action for analytics with the Instant Games object.

• Do you mean for Instant Games? You can use the 'Log event' action for analytics with the Instant Games object.

For mobile game, for android or iOS.

For example: at start of each level I want to "add log data parameter" to see at Facebook developer console

Is it possible using built in plugins?

• I'm using MobileFacebook addon from the Construct Master Collection. It has analytics. The collection is commercial and I don't think you can purchase an individual addon.

You can try adding cordova plugin "cordova-plugin-facebook4" to your project manually after the export, see this comment.

• I'm using MobileFacebook addon from the Construct Master Collection. It has analytics. The collection is commercial and I don't think you can purchase an individual addon.

You can try adding cordova plugin "cordova-plugin-facebook4" to your project manually after the export, see this comment.

Thank you! I've seen this collection but I thought maybe there are another options which I don't know (for example built in or free plugins).

But the more I search, the more I understand that that MobileFacebook is best option for me now :)

• I use Game Analytics. It has exactly what you are looking for.

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/95/gameanalytics

• I use Game Analytics. It has exactly what you are looking for.

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/95/gameanalytics

Yeas, thank you! Going to use it too :)

Do you know any simple example of how to use MobileFacebook analitycs?

For example: I want to have a "level_start" event and at this event I want to write some parameters (name of the level, lifes, etc) and the value of each parameter. How do I do it? :)

• Did you purchase the plugin?

It's pretty simple, you need to set the correct App Id and name in plugin properties. All essential events like "application launch" will be logged automatically.

To log a custom event, add something like this when your level starts:

MobileFacebook Add Log Data Parameter "level", value: levelVar
    MobileFacebook Add Log Data Parameter "lives", value: livesVar
    MobileFacebook Log Event "level_start"

• Did you purchase the plugin?

It's pretty simple, you need to set the correct App Id and name in plugin properties. All essential events like "application launch" will be logged automatically.

To log a custom event, add something like this when your level starts:

> MobileFacebook Add Log Data Parameter "level", value: levelVar

Yeah I've purchased "mobile master collection" yesterday. Just for mobile facebook :)

Thank you for the example, it really sounds pretty easy!

• To log a custom event, add something like this when your level starts:

> MobileFacebook Add Log Data Parameter "level", value: levelVar

In the Log Event action, there is "increment value". Not quite understand the meaning of this. In your example I can put increment value = 0?

As I understand from this article: developers.facebook.com/docs/app-events

increment value = valueToSum = An optional value that Analytics adds to other Value To Sum values from app events with the same name. Am I right?)

• Hi, the Log Event action is the main App Event from the Facebook Documentation, with both the name and valueToSum params. The action Add Log Data Parameter, as it says, holds the optional values included with your app event, hence the parameters of the app event.

It also describes it from the action descriptions.

This is from the optional parameter action. You can include all pre-defined Add Log Data Parameter actions to the next Log Event action.

This would be sample of a complete implementation of a custom log event.

Also, it's worth noting, as dop2000 said, there are also automated events, which are logged after a successful login.

And these are the Facebook Analytics actions.

Feel free to check the documentation too: constructcollection.com/construct-mobile-facebook

I hope I was of help. Have a nice day.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, the Log Event action is the main App Event from the Facebook Documentation, with both the name and valueToSum params. The action Add Log Data Parameter, as it says, holds the optional values included with your app event, hence the parameters of the app event.

It also describes it from the action descriptions.

This is from the optional parameter action. You can include all pre-defined Add Log Data Parameter actions to the next Log Event action.

This would be sample of a complete implementation of a custom log event.

Also, it's worth noting, as dop2000 said, there are also automated events, which are logged after a successful login.

And these are the Facebook Analytics actions.

Feel free to check the documentation too: constructcollection.com/construct-mobile-facebook

I hope I was of help. Have a nice day.

Thank you! But the question was about this value. What is the meaning of this?

• From the documentation:

You can leave it at 0 if you don't need it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)