We need a permanent purchase option for those who can't stand subscription model.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!

Let's make Construct great again !!!

I haven't buy Construct 3 beause of the subscription model

Please also include a one-time license model, subscription models aren't really good for some companies/developer

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I propose the lease option.

$999 for 10! years.

My suggestion to an alternative: https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/awaited-major-updates-149607

Mixed between full subscription and full permanent. Used in many stores around internet, for example websites templates or frameworks. :)

Woah, I never realized I'd be paying $1,000 if I used C3 for 10 years. Pretty hefty

A permanent option just isn't scalable.

I compared Construct to GSM2, a like-for-like featured GSM2 costs about the same as 6.5 years of Construct; that's a pretty good deal in my opinion, especially considering that most game projects can be wrapped up in less time, meaning you wouldn't need to spend as much if you went with Construct.

Would I like to see improvements? Sure - I'd love to see a sliding scale discount (i.e, buy 3 years up front for a 30% discount), it'd be very interesting from a business standpoint to know Constructs retainment rate and if such a change would boost revenue; but I can see how that would quickly create issues for Scirra.

In my opinion Construct 3 has an excellent pricing model. Think about how much you get for what you are paying. Look at it this way... If Construct 3 were to go away tomorrow... (God Forbid) Imagine how devastating that would be to you personally (for any midstream developments). I think it is worth at least twice what we are paying. It enables your dreams to come true. Amazing product. That is one of the reasons I add the #Construct3 tag to every tweet. The way we drive the price down in to HELP promote the product. Scarcity is our enemy in this case.

In my opinion Construct 3 has an excellent pricing model. Think about how much you get for what you are paying. Look at it this way... If Construct 3 were to go away tomorrow... (God Forbid) Imagine how devastating that would be to you personally (for any midstream developments). I think it is worth at least twice what we are paying. It enables your dreams to come true. Amazing product. That is one of the reasons I add the #Construct3 tag to every tweet. The way we drive the price down in to HELP promote the product. Scarcity is our enemy in this case.

I agree with this one. I wouldn't mind paying twice (even more) as much as currently if doing so would enable Scirra to support better integrations with analytics / measuring tools (Appflyer, Mixpanel) and ad networks (like AppLovin, Chartboost etc). Publishing your own games (or working with mobile game publishers) pretty much requires a solid support for these tools. This is one of the main reasons why Unity is so popular. Currently we are pretty much locked in to using Unity if we want to work with mobile game publishers.

I believe that maintaining a solid analytics and monetisation support is a key element to get Construct to the next level. Unfortunately Construct currently lacks the resources for this. Oh, and Prefabs / Scene Graph is a must have as well. ;)

This has been discussed to death already, and the short version is we have no plans to change this right now.

Something I do want to point out though is I think a lot of people don't realise that I was the sole developer on Construct 2. Being the only developer working for years with a one-time payment model while people are crying out for more features, it became pretty obvious there was no way we could have done a fraction of what everyone wanted under the previous model. With Construct 3 we were able to hire more developers, making it possible to do way more, such as a completely rewritten runtime with vastly improved performance, an ongoing mobile app build service, timelines, scripting, a big batch of new plugins and behaviors, and loads more. If you're looking at those things and wishing you could upgrade, then I think you should recognize most of that would not exist at all if we had stuck to the old model.

I would pay $250 for at least 2 years subscription>>>Cause here's the problem in my case as a Developer , I don't like be to updating every 7 days cause here's the source of the problem>> in major times when you upgrade to a newer version then there's problem with your game for example sometimes some events or sub events stop working at all or some actions too, even some effects, anything on your project could stop working the way you had it before on any earlier Construct version>> I've been working with construct since 2012 and I did released a working title for the WiiU Nintendo eShop and when I start working on a project I stick always with the same version always, cause I don't like to be stuck around fixing events that were already working<< you guys get it right !?!? TOO MUCH UPGRADE EVERY 7 DAYS OR EVERY MONTH ITS NOT HEALTHY FOR A DEVELOPER CAUSE THEN WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH DELAYS ON OUR PROJECTS.

CTG<

So you say constant updates break your events, and you can't afford $99 a year but $250 for two is feasible.

Yeah we get it.

It sounds quite odd that your events breaks every time you use a new version, it's clearly stated in the release notes what the changes are.

if you don't want to use the latest versions you can always use old ones. but normally there are more bugs in older versions than newer ones. So that is often a bad idea

newt <<< And yeah I can afford $250 but for a whole package without get in the internet every 7 days or so for new updates , But I ain't paying for the offer Construct has right now cause If buy something today I want to keep it for my use whenever I want to , cause I don't want to buy a game engine that only works throught the internet , I like to work with privacy and offline without any inconvenient or pay to used everymonth or so <<<

fredriksthlm <<< I've been working with Construct since 2012 so it means that I know alooot about how works this engine of Construct, AND YEEEESSS SOME OF THE events breaks every time you use a NEW VERSION OF CONSTRUCT.

I propose the option OF $250 FOR 2 YEARS WITHOUT ANY INTERNET INTERVENTION OR ANY PAY TO USE PLANS,

I DO LIKE CONSTRUCT 2 !!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS !!!

$100 a year is fine. I don’t see the need to complain about this. Considering that you are supporting the developer to continue working on new features etc.

$100 a year is fine. I don’t see the need to complain about this. Considering that you are supporting the developer to continue working on new features etc.

Good talk !!!

I was just giving $50 xtra dollars for the Updates annualy<<<

I propose the option OF $250 FOR 2 YEARS WITHOUT ANY INTERNET INTERVENTION OR ANY PAY TO USE PLANS,

I DO LIKE CONSTRUCT 2 !!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS !!!

I think one of us is having a stroke...

You can get Construct for 2 years for $198... You can use it offline; what's the problem?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)