Force WebGL1

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Build a thrilling space station scenario with these level assets and characters.
  • All is because of this:

vusec.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/glitch.pdf

This is a global fuck-up with WebGL 2.0

So best way is to switch to WebGL 1.0 [temp. solution]

or switch to canvas = No WebGL [lower performance] - safe and works everywhere

• Kyatric filed an issue with Google here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=865946

It might be useful for anyone else who's been affected by issues with WebGL 2 on Android to post details there.

• Google have responded to that issue and are asking for more details, so it would be good if anyone else affected can pitch in to help answer, and as ever, coming up with a minimal repro.

• The issue started when samsung rolled out their Samsung Internet 7.2, which is a fork of chromium v59. Then it got official support of WebGl2.

Before Samsung Internet (v6.2 & v6.4) used a fork of chromium v56. Which did not support WebGl2.

So the error is on all Samsung phones that got a new release of Samsung Internet, which is basically all Samsung devices with Android 5.0 or above.

xda-developers.com/samsung-internet-7-2-beta-protected-browsing

It is not related to APKs

• This contradicts other reports that it happens in APKs (webview) or Instant Games (also webview). AFAIK Samsung Internet updates don't affect the webview... I'd guess that there was some other update that happened to coincide with the Samsung Internet browser update.

• Ah, ok, might be some other update at the same time then..

But yes, it happens to instant games as well. And not only games from Construct, also other devs using other tools has disabled webgl2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It’s not just occurring on Samsung phones though is it? It breaks my Motorola phone also.

• I tried chrome bug report apk on samsung S9, with default browser chrome or samsung internet 7.2.10.33. Can't reproduce it. Does anyone even have some solid example that fails, or some game example?

• Ashley

R110 "Android: disabled WebGL 2 for the time being due to reports of what appear to be GPU driver bugs. Android devices can still use WebGL 1."

I actually got black screen again after exporting with R110.2.

I tried to look into the runtime but could not see where you disabled webgl2 for android, is it in both C3 and C2 runtime?

• I just realised we only made the change for the C3 runtime. I don't generally like doing this but I did the same for the C2 runtime as a last-minute change for today's stable release (r111). So can you give it a go with that release and see if that helps?

If it still displays a blank screen it's possible it's actually a different issue not to do with WebGL 2.

• I just realised we only made the change for the C3 runtime. I don't generally like doing this but I did the same for the C2 runtime as a last-minute change for today's stable release (r111). So can you give it a go with that release and see if that helps?

If it still displays a blank screen it's possible it's actually a different issue not to do with WebGL 2.

I can see the new code in the runtime from r111 now.

I can verify that it works fine now. (so no need to manually amend the runtime file for now on then!)

Thanks

• I just built my app with r111 yesterday. I'm not getting a black screen anymore, but the game freezes right after the start screen. So something is still broken and not working properly. Anyone with affected device mind testing with this game?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.runnybutt

Let me know if it works or if it is stuck after start.

• I just built my app with r111 yesterday. I'm not getting a black screen anymore, but the game freezes right after the start screen. So something is still broken and not working properly. Anyone with affected device mind testing with this game?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.runnybutt

Let me know if it works or if it is stuck after start.

Works on my old moto 4g lite, but I don't know if the device was a webgl2 affected one?

• Well, since webgl2 is off for android devices, if built with r111. This is another error you are having.

• Well, since webgl2 is off for android devices, if built with r111. This is another error you are having.

Thanks for testing sizcoz

And fredriksthlm I built the game with r111. WebGL is enabled in Advanced, but it should WebGL v1, correct?

Before, on my Nexus 10, the game would only show a black screen, but now it at least loads, then the start screen shows with banner ad and Google Play Games logs in, but then after you hit start to play, it slows down quickly and just freezes. But the banner ads refresh.

I have no clue. The Nexus 10 just might not be able to hack it anymore.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)