Force WebGL1

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Build a thrilling space station scenario with these level assets and characters.
  • This is exactly why things like "disable WebGL 2" are pretty poor hacks. If there is a GPU driver issue, it could well affect WebGL 1 too. Disabling WebGL 2 is merely papering over the cracks and other issues could crop up elsewhere because the real problem hasn't been addressed. I would encourage anyone affected to make minimal reproduction test cases and file issues with Google at crbug.com.

• I'm having the Black / White screen issue on a Huawei Mate 10.

It's a C2 project with an APK created with C3 export manager. Currently trying the hack as it seems like that's the only solution to have a working Android export at the moment (?).

I also referenced the device as problematic here: bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail

Any news about this?

The first mention of the problem was 3 months ago...

• All is because of this:

https://www.vusec.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/glitch.pdf

This is a global fuck-up with WebGL 2.0

So best way is to switch to WebGL 1.0 [temp. solution]

or switch to canvas = No WebGL [lower performance] - safe and works everywhere

Where is this "canvas" option on Construct 3?

Is this problem related to this error?:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That screenshot shows a device that has not had its software updated for 3 years. It needs to be updated to work with modern software. Most devices do this by default. If they do not, the instructions shown on that screen will fix it.

That is also not related to this thread, which is about an issue specific to WebGL 2 (which is probably the original report about a GPU driver bug on Mali devices that is now worked around).

• That screenshot shows a device that has not had its software updated for 3 years. It needs to be updated to work with modern software. Most devices do this by default. If they do not, the instructions shown on that screen will fix it.

That is also not related to this thread, which is about an issue specific to WebGL 2 (which is probably the original report about a GPU driver bug on Mali devices that is now worked around).

I don't think so, I have followed that instructions but it doesn't solve the problem. I have tested building the APK by the last R140 Construct version and it doesn't work either. :(

• The screenshot shows an Android System Webview that is 3 years out of date. Are you sure you correctly updated it? Does the message change after you have updated it?

You should start a new thread to continue this discussion since it is not related to the original post.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)