Dreamstrata from 2 to 3 : Thoughts

0 favourites
  • Hats off to being able to call a function whatever you want. Whoever thought of that is partially powered by the Jesus of your belief's choice. Baby also approves.

• After the fall of the previous character spacing method, I decided to abandon my sprite-font and commit to Construct's default pixel font. Going full retro for kicks.

I spent a little bit of time optimizing the spacing and have it all laid out in the code block below.

The results are in the screenshot. Feel free to use it.

[[5,"l."],[6,":!|'"],[7,",;i` "],[8, "fIst"], [9,"n1()°"],[10,"kpq-cbh"],[11,"yjegz0235$<>aJL"],[12,"dou46r7\\/"],[13,"vwxm89?=*\"KTY"],[14,"ABCDEFGHPQRSX_&[]+£€"],[15,"~#@MNOZU"],[16,""],[17,"@VW"]]

• Shamefully, I never tried to type A for add action or C for add Condition when an event is focused during C2 times, but it does indeed work for C3. This will shave off seconds upon seconds throughout the day and it's a wonderful thing to not need it to be a development suggestion.

Edit : AND B to add blank sub-event. Absolute power.

• Ctrl + A looks awesome in Construct 3. We're one step closer to Tron Legacy with each quarter decade of software maintenance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not having reload animations from files will be a blow to micro-managing animations with complex frame-by-frame interactions. Uh oh.

• Not having reload animations from files will be a blow to micro-managing animations with complex frame-by-frame interactions. Uh oh.

It is possible in the desktop version.

• > Not having reload animations from files will be a blow to micro-managing animations with complex frame-by-frame interactions. Uh oh.

That is wonderful to know. Thanks brother.

• The addition of alphabetized variables and including family variables within the child object's listing is great. Good job with that one.

What does this do?

• > Not having reload animations from files will be a blow to micro-managing animations with complex frame-by-frame interactions. Uh oh.

>

>

>

>

What does this do?

If you redraw all your animation frames and put them in the same folder on your hard drive, you can hit the replace button and Construct will update all the frames and still keep all your image points and collisions in the same place.

It's one of the most important features for tweaking animations.

• > > Not having reload animations from files will be a blow to micro-managing animations with complex frame-by-frame interactions. Uh oh.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> What does this do?

If you redraw all your animation frames and put them in the same folder on your hard drive, you can hit the replace button and Construct will update all the frames and still keep all your image points and collisions in the same place.

It's one of the most important features for tweaking animations.

Oh my god

I've been doing this by hand smh

• > If you redraw all your animation frames and put them in the same folder on your hard drive, you can hit the replace button and Construct will update all the frames and still keep all your image points and collisions in the same place.

>

> It's one of the most important features for tweaking animations.

Oh my god

I've been doing this by hand smh

I went to check the desktop version of C3 to see if the feature has been added to it, and it hasn't. So we'll have to make do until it comes back.

How do you do this?

• > > If you redraw all your animation frames and put them in the same folder on your hard drive, you can hit the replace button and Construct will update all the frames and still keep all your image points and collisions in the same place.

> >

> > It's one of the most important features for tweaking animations.

>

> Oh my god

>

> I've been doing this by hand smh

I went to check the desktop version of C3 to see if the feature has been added to it, and it hasn't. So we'll have to make do until it comes back.

Found it

• > > > If you redraw all your animation frames and put them in the same folder on your hard drive, you can hit the replace button and Construct will update all the frames and still keep all your image points and collisions in the same place.

> > >

> > > It's one of the most important features for tweaking animations.

> >

> > Oh my god

> >

> > I've been doing this by hand smh

>

> I went to check the desktop version of C3 to see if the feature has been added to it, and it hasn't. So we'll have to make do until it comes back.

Found it

You are the champion.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)