C3 + Instant Games SDK = Much Profit

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Ashley ok I understand I will make another idea with the specific things I need now. Thanks

EDIT: Idea shared: https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-486

• Ashley

My five cents right now. Do not spend time on IAP, it is not widely supported yet.

ChooseAsync is priority 1. (I can though do it via javascript/browser). It is a small/easy function which should be easy/fast to add.

priority2: leaderboard "tagname" somehow, currently I can only request one leaderboard at the time, and then populate it, then request a new, but then I cannot use On Leaderboard loaded, since that is already true from the first request. so I have to turn off the first population events, and use a wait function to wait for the new data, then populate it.. works, but not nice, and causes delays. (i want both global highscore and friend highscore to be visable, maybe also the contextual.)

the other stuff, not needed as I see it.

I agree with paala s suggestion with chooseAsync and updateAsync

• Ashley is the sourcecode from the instant games plugin available? I can add some missing features..

• Editing official addons causes compatibility nightmares, so it's a deliberate decision to not make the code available. It's not necessary, either. The Instant Games SDK puts 'FBInstant' in the global namespace. So you can create a separate, independent plugin that makes extra Instant Games calls without needing to modify the official addon. Extensibility without compatibility nightmares!

• Okay, thank you for the information. I'm looking into that!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • paala

FBInstant.context.chooseAsync()
      .then(function() {
        console.log(FBInstant.context.getType());
      });[/code:329fwcnq]

This works, you can see in the console that you actually has changed into a THREAD.
    But to be able to use the functions in the construct plugin later on (update contextueal leaderboards and similar. We must update
    InstantGames.ContextType
    InstantGames.ContextID

So after calling chooseAsync we need to set the construct internal variabel name for these, otherwise the offical plugin do not get updated with the new ID and Type and the official events do not work with the new ID and Type....
  • After 25 days of waiting for a review, Facebook finally approves.

• After 25 days of waiting for a review, Facebook finally approves.

I waited 39 days for one

but the queue time decreases every day now

• Hey folks !

I'm trying to understand why my Create home screen shortcut function doesn't work but I can't figure it out...

My events are pretty simple, see screenshot below:

Everytime I tap on ButtonHomeAdd, it fails.

Is it due to my Android version ? Which is 7.x on a Huawei MediaPad, or am I missing something ?

• Ok, I found out why it doesn't work.

When you open an Instant Game via Messenger on Android for the first time, Facebook prompt a dialog asking you if you wish to add a shortcut to your homescreen.

I actually did, then I removed the shortcut. I go back to Instant Game to add the shortcut, and when I tap on that button it fails...

I had a look to Instant Game documentation and I found out that there is a canCreateShortcutAsync function (see https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/instant-games/sdk/fbinstant6.2). I guess we're missing that function into the Instant Game plugin of C3. This would allow us to first check if the app is elligible or not to ask for shortcut creation on user's Android device.

Ashley: Does it make sense? May I create a feature request on https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-486?

• is it Asking this question for you too when you send for review?

In-App Purchase Integration (how to access the in-app purchases)

Note: I am not using in app purchase ,Where can i Close in app?

• is it Asking this question for you too when you send for review?

In-App Purchase Integration (how to access the in-app purchases)

Note: I am not using in app purchase ,Where can i Close in app?

Yes, it shows in the review tab even if you do not use it. But don't add it to the review (even if it's there)

Note: questions regarding Instant Games review is better to ask in a facebook forum.

• Hello!

I have a problem - low FPS in Facebook mobile application (and messager to) in a few minutes of the game. There is no problem on PC or mobile browser. Who faced?

• > After 25 days of waiting for a review, Facebook finally approves.

>

I waited 39 days for one

but the queue time decreases every day now

I'm currently at 46 days and still in review. How long has everyone else been waiting?

• > > After 25 days of waiting for a review, Facebook finally approves.

> >

>

> I waited 39 days for one

>

> but the queue time decreases every day now

I'm currently at 46 days and still in review. How long has everyone else been waiting?

Either you file it as a bug. But that may take time.

Better is to just cancel the review and re submit.

Review time is now down to two days(!)

This forum is though for C3 issues, you will get better help on the Instant Games forum for IG questions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)