C3 + Instant Games SDK = Much Profit

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • I have tried reporting a problem, but have not had any reply.

It is still sitting in review. I have tried cancelling to re-submit, but cancel does not work. I click Cancel, Confirm, and it stays at In Review.

What forum should I be asking questions where someone can help?

I have submit for review under Instant Games, do I need to submit for review anywhere else like main App Review? (that says to use Instant Games).

• The is a facebook group for developers where Facebook admins provides support I think

• Here's the link to the official Instant Games Developer Community on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/instantgamedevelopers/

• Thanks paala and boybacteria for the tip. I got help from the Facebook group and my game is now published! https://goo.gl/5sigiS

• The Business Review can be complicated and take many days as you must send real paper proof by mail (receipt, bill, ...).

But then, the Instant Game & Facebook App review process took less than 48h.

We still have many struggles with Facebook SDK functions not in C3 interface yet.

We successfully launch our first C3 Instant Game Yesterday [Morph] (open only to Canada for now): facebook.com/instantgames/play/240971203362509

Thanks a lot to C3 team and community!!

• Hi guys!

Someone have a tutorial about Share in instant game, challenge and other stuff like that?

It didn't work with the plugin of c3.

Best regards!

• Share, invite, Challenge is all the same function. It works fine with the plugin.

• Hello, mainly two things:

a) Construct doesnt generate the fbapp-config.json wich is necesary in order to export it to the platform

b) I cant use the share function while testing. Is it just something that i have to wait until my game is aproves?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • A) yes that is correct. Just create the fbapp file manually, and drop it to the zipfile before upload.

B) share works fine also when testing afaik

• A) yes that is correct. Just create the fbapp file manually, and drop it to the zipfile before upload.

B) share works fine also when testing afaik

I just started using recently this plugin.

fredriksthlm What are the steps to invite, share, challange and invite another user using the instant game plugin?

I made 4 different button for test all of them.

On click of the button, Share > put the intent and set the data.

On the click nothing happen. I tried it on mobile and on the computer. Doesn't show any error log. I'm guessing I'm missing something here.

Thank you

• you need to set the image and the text.

you do not need to set any data.

(intent has no effect, yet)

• you need to set the image and the text.

you do not need to set any data.

(intent has no effect, yet)

Ok, I figure out why was not working.

I tried all 4 intent with the result that all of them share the game instead of doing what the intent is made fore. I don't know how much sense is to make a button called "challenge your friend" and then, when you actually challenge the player, you will see the action to share the game instead of challenge (on the facebook messanger). This is super confusing. please, correct me if I'm wrong

I never played a game in the instant game platform, but I'm assuming that the name should change based on which action you are doing. If you challenge someone, then you should see "Challenge" instead of sharing lol

So, basically right now is possible just to share the game even if the plugin has 4 different options? lol...Is the Scirra team working on it? I don't know if it make sense to keep 3 actions in a plugin that doesn't works... This just make confusion and frustration I guess.

• To be honest. You obviously have no idea how IG works, like you say. So before you complain about the functionality I think you should read the IG api documentation first.

If you have any complains about the names (and/or functions) you should tell them to Mark Zuckerberg & co.......

This has nothing to do with Scirra plugin, it is working correctly.

My suggestion to you is to read the api references first, start creating your game later. Otherwise you will get frustrated and confused.. For what I see you already are :)

• To be honest. You obviously have no idea how IG works, like you say. So before you complain about the functionality I think you should read the IG api documentation first.

If you have any complains about the names (and/or functions) you should tell them to Mark Zuckerberg & co.......

This has nothing to do with Scirra plugin, it is working correctly.

My suggestion to you is to read the api references first, start creating your game later. Otherwise you will get frustrated and confused.. For what I see you already are :)

I come from the old SDK (before the instant game was launched) and I developed almost the full integration in php 2 years ago (to do all similar, getting larboard, save on my own server...etc) I checked the API quickly and when you said that "(intent has no effect, yet)" that I got doubled confused.

So, when I click the share button it works, it open the pop-up, and the title on the pop-up is called "Share Game". Now, I was asking because if you put challenge or other, maybe there is a different pop up called "Challenge" instead of "Share Game" etc.. I still have to test how the user see the message when the game is shared. By logic doesn't make sense to send 1 life using the "Share Game" intent... this is why I'm writing here asking for clarification lol

Thanks

• You do not really state what you are trying to achieve.

For shareAsync 'intent' has no effect in the IG api (yet), it is for future features. (This is not related to this plugin, it is decided by FG). So setting Invite/Challenge etc will always pop an share window currently. There is also no callback for this function.

There is another function called chooseAsync which posts a message to the context. But that does not sounds like the function you want either.

There is also matchmaking functions as well.

But I think you have to study the api references to find out which function you really want to use here.

For the functions that are not part of the plugin you can just call them via the browser->javascript

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)