Cluckles' Adventure - platform game

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The complete source file for my Youtube platformer game tutorial series.
  • You spelled the title correctly. CONGRATULATIONS!

::Grammar Police walk away::

• Hehe funny u mentioned that. I had the apostrophe in the wrong place in an earlier version...

• I think Google in one of Its multiple forms (GooglePlay I guess) allows you to set some kind of beta-testing system, but me i never got that far yet! Randomly googled. Have you considered Greenlight? Seems to be the holy grail for many. Never got that far either.

Your game looks awesome mate. Polished and fluent and... massive too! Congrats!

• I think Google in one of Its multiple forms (GooglePlay I guess) allows you to set some kind of beta-testing system, but me i never got that far yet! Randomly googled. Have you considered Greenlight? Seems to be the holy grail for many. Never got that far either.

Your game looks awesome mate. Polished and fluent and... massive too! Congrats!

Hey man thanks for that link! And for the positive feedback too

Ive been exploring GooglePlay the last couple of days while setting up Achievements, and I noticed the settings there to do beta and alpha testing.. I havent delved into it, but in passing I saw it was possible to set up a closed testing system, where only people who I provide a link can particpate, or an open system where anyone who discovers it can participate... so yeah if I get that far I think I would definitely use that. To be honest, at the moment I am leaning toward just putting it out in the wild without feedback from beta testers...

As for Greenlight. I would definitely consider that! My first priorities are Android and iOS, and following that Id try to get it on a range of other platforms: Steam, Kongregate, Amazon, Windows Phone. Id like to try it on as many platforms as possible just to test which ones can generate revenue.

----------

At the moment Im having a bit of a nightmare getting the game to build in XDK... I always suspected this would happen. For the game to be successful on mobile, I figure I need the following three three features:

1. Google Analytics

2. An ads system to generate some income.

3. Achievements (for GooglePlay and Apple GameCenter?)

Im trying to use the Cranberrygame Cordova plugins for all three. At this point I have the first two working, but XDK gives me build errors when I include the plugin for GooglePlay achievements /leaderboards etc...

Its killing me because its beyond my ability to troubleshoot. At this point I'm thinking Ill have to ditch XDK and try alternatives: Cordova CLI, Cocoon.io or Phonegap... One of the XDK guys is helping me on their forum, but if that doesn't lead anywhere Ill probably have to drop XDK.

The game itself is finished. And I am so tantalisingly close to publishing this on Android, once I get past this last hurdle of building it...

• Woow this Game is amazing !!!!

• hey this game is very cute i love it

• beta avail yet?

• Hey simplo85games, mannygill99 thanks guys!!!

Mubot Very very very close to having beta available. You wanna help beta test on Android?

• Cluckles' Impossible Adventure is

EDIT: Getting an update and will be back up soon. Apologies.

If anyone feels like playing I would be very interested to hear your feedback.

Specifically Id love to hear feedback about the following things:

-Performance (do you get smooth game-play on your Android device?)

-When commenting on performance please let me know what device you are using, and which version of Android your device is running.

-Any bugs (eg enemies not patrolling properly, achievements updating properly, that kind of thing).

-Also what are your impressions of the game in general? (is it too hard, too easy, challenging, fun, boring, stupid, what do you think?)

Ive limited the game to devices running Android 6.0, because older devices dont run the game very smoothly. So Im trying to restrict it to newer more powerful mobile devices.. I may even change that to restrict it to devices running Android 7.0 depending on what kind of feedback I get.

The game will be published on Kongregate soon, and hopefully also iOS.

• I tried the game and it is very polished and touch controls feels very responsive. Runs super smooth on my Galaxy s6+ So congratulations to the release and I hope you'll get many downloads.

Good decision to only make it available to Android 6.0+ this way you avoid bad reviews from users who have too weak phones to run the game as intended.

Gave it a 5/5 review as well

• I tried the game and it is very polished and touch controls feels very responsive. Runs super smooth on my Galaxy s6+ So congratulations to the release and I hope you'll get many downloads.

Good decision to only make it available to Android 6.0+ this way you avoid bad reviews from users who have too weak phones to run the game as intended.

Gave it a 5/5 review as well

Hey thanks so much for the positive feedback and review! Thats the first feedback I got from outside close friends... I actually feel relief

Yeah I know that game-play can get a bit jerky on older devices, especially in later levels that get busy with more enemies moving around. Like you say hopefully restricting access to Android 6.0+ will weed out most of the weaker devices...

One question, You said you're on a GalaxyS6+, is that running Android 7.0?

• Glad to hear that, I believe a lot of people will enjoy your game

• I played the first 4 levels and like the game so far! Very good graphics, very good gameplay und smooth music. Overall exact my type of game with the style I like

At home I will continue playing

Performance: so far so good! (Galaxy S5, Android 6). I think it's a fault to limit to android 6 or higher! If you will limit it to Android 7 I can't play it anymore. An this even if it runs smoothly on my Android 6. And the very same way I think you lock out potentially players of earlier versions.

Bugs:

In level 3 I will fall through the floor if I jump agains the first right wall, hold and release.

If I leave the game and then continue I have no longer fullscreen (in fact I can't leave the game, just press home. so it continues next time)

• ...I'm actually on Android 6.0.1 for some reason. Maybe it's time for an update

Ah ok thanks for telling me. That's a good reason why I shouldn't restrict to Android 7.0, I bet there are a lot of people with decent, powerful phones who are still on Android 6.0.

I played the first 4 levels and like the game so far! Very good graphics, very good gameplay und smooth music. Overall exact my type of game with the style I like

At home I will continue playing

Performance: so far so good! (Galaxy S5, Android 6). I think it's a fault to limit to android 6 or higher! If you will limit it to Android 7 I can't play it anymore. An this even if it runs smoothly on my Android 6. And the very same way I think you lock out potentially players of earlier versions.

Hey thanks for the positive feedback!!!

Well, the thing is.. while I did my best to optimise the game as much as possible, I know from testing it slows down on weaker devices. Once it gets down to 40 - 45FPS or something it becomes a pretty crappy gaming experience, and like Anonnymitet pointed out, I think it's smarter to try to avoid poor ratings on the markets. I'd rather have a smaller pool of happy players, than a large pool of players, some happy and some annoyed, because happier players *should* keep the overall rating of the game higher.

Bugs:

In level 3 I will fall through the floor if I jump agains the first right wall, hold and release.

If I leave the game and then continue I have no longer fullscreen (in fact I can't leave the game, just press home. so it continues next time)

Ok the falling through the floor bug. Yes I can recreate that. I think I need to adjust the player wall sliding mechanic... maybe the player starts to wallslide and doesn't stop on the JumpThrough platform when you would expect it to... Ill look at that.

You said you no longer have fullscreen after coming back to the game. Do you mean after you exit the game to Android, then come back to the game? That doesn't happen to me on any of my test devices... Im not sure how to fix that actually. Ill have to look into that too.

I intentionally didn't include a 'quit' button. I thought it would be enough that people can access the Android 'Home' button to quit back to Android. Do you think there should be an in-game quit button Noisefever? Is it annoying that there isn't one or something?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Really really great game! Great feeling and running smooth. Samsung galaxy 6S. (newest android version.)

Some comments:

I fell down on level 4, dying on the spikes. The fourth time I didn't re-occur. It just stopped. I can click the pause-button to go back to main. otherwise the game is stuck.

When you kill a snail or whatever they die with a bloodsplash, when the chicken die he dies in a fire explode?

On the main screen it is a game controller and "OFFLINE"... what is that? (I tested both with wi-fi and normal mobile connection, still says OFFLINE for me)

In the play store it says it is ads. But I didn't get any ads at all, maybe cause I am in Sweden?

Also the swedish translation in Google Play store for your game was quite funny

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)