Cluckles' Adventure - platform game

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The complete source file for my Youtube platformer game tutorial series.
  • Hey Kiliano yes I can send you a key once its available on Steam, its currently only in Greenlight. That would be awesome if you wanted to do a 'Lets Play' video or something.

I used XDK but Cocoon.io is also very good.

I used all the Cranberry plugins for GooglePlay & Game Center achievements, iAP and Chartboost ads.

• Nice to see the game on Steam. I voted yes I would recommend to remove the android and ios logos at the end. A lot of people hate mobile ports on greenlight and press "no" just because of those logos no matter how good the game is.

So better to leave them out when trying to get greenlit. My friend had a game on greenlight with those logos and got a bunch of no votes and when he removed it the no votes percent was reduced greatly.

So just my advice Anyway good luck. I know you'll get greenlit it is just a matter of time.

• "Cranberry plugins for GooglePlay"

THanks!! =] I will google it

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nice to see the game on Steam. I voted yes I would recommend to remove the android and ios logos at the end. A lot of people hate mobile ports on greenlight and press "no" just because of those logos no matter how good the game is.

So better to leave them out when trying to get greenlit. My friend had a game on greenlight with those logos and got a bunch of no votes and when he removed it the no votes percent was reduced greatly.

So just my advice Anyway good luck. I know you'll get greenlit it is just a matter of time.

Hey Anonnymitet Thanks for the vote! Yeah, I realised afterwards that I shouldn't have those logos on the YouTube video for Steam.. I guess its a bit late in the day to change it now.

In general the Greenlight is going well i think.. I have a high 50s% yes vote. Im hopeful that will get me across the line..

• I see, it is never too late. By changing it now at least it will stop new "I hate mobile ports and will vote no whatever it takes" voters to lower your ratio In fact the yes ratio doesn't matter at all only the yes count. So you can have 5000 yes votes and 5 million no votes and you'll get greenlit anyway.

But 50% is a pretty good ratio these days and I've seen many games lately with less than 300 yes votes getting greenlit so they have lowered the bar a lot as the greenlight voter traffic has dropped during the last year.

So my guess is that your game will be greenlit within the next three weeks

• I currently have a request for iOS alpha testers posted in the jobs forum.

If you have an Apple device running iOS 9 and you'd like to help by testing a build of my game on your device, check this thread:

Request for iOS Alpha tester(s) - Cluckles Adventure

Thanks!

• On level 5, I can see where the rocks are lose indicating the secret chick location. But I can't seem to figure out how to reveal it.

• Hi There is indeed a secret area in Level5 where a chick could be hiding. You need to keep an eye out for helpful Butterflies, they can point the way to secret areas. Also remember, to drop down through platforms you need to swipe down on the screen. If you didn't realise that, you might have missed the instructions on the Tutorial level (level1). It might be a good idea to revisit the tutorial level1 and read all the signs.

You can visit the Cluckles Adventure subreddit page. There you'll find walkthroughs and general information for finding secret areas and beating levels. If you have a request for a walkthrough for a specific level, just post on the subreddit.

• Cluckles Adventure is discussed on Romanian national news program PRO TV

(From about 1:28 mins)

• Artpunk Congrats on getting this done! its pretty bad ass!!!!

got a quick question,

Are you using the native platform behavior in c2 or did you build your own movement engine from scratch?

cuz you're jump is awesome and i was wondering how you accomplished it!

just tweaks to the parameters within the platform behavior or your own from scratch solution?

great job, super impressive!

love seeing this kinda quality come outta c2!!!!

-Mubot

• Hi Mubot

The player movement mechanics use the native Platform Behaviour and some custom elements.

For example I have the default doubleJump disabled in the Platform Behaviour, and I made my own doubleJump mechanics by setting Platform VectorY and also setting / toggling instance variables / booleans. I did that to get the doubleJump working in concert with dashing the way I wanted it to.

I make use of stacks of the Platform Behaviour conditions and actions to get the player character to move the way I wanted.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you wanted to know anything more specific. And thanks for the positive feedback.

Im working on updates to the game now. I have to make adjustable touch controls... hmm

• Artpunk thanks for the reply!

you def. answered my question....i wont ask you to divulge any of your secrets!

you've motivated and inspired me, so thank you!

keep up the fantastic work

• I made a cool new feature for Cluckles that Im pretty happy with: adjustable controls

You can change the position and scale of the in-game touch controls and save it.

The default righthand / lefthand buttons swap the touch controls to be right or left handed and position them neatly into the corners of the screen. And I made it so that the buttons can't overlap and can only be positioned in the lower half of the screen.

• That's actually really cool!

• Burvey Its available in the latest Android version on GooglePlay, but still waiting for review on iTunes.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)