Your C2 tests

From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Very neat mrtumbles. Posting the CAPX would be awesome!

The Grae Mezzanine

• Cheers ParCutz - I'll get it on Dropbox tomorrow. Quite tired now! Quick Q - how did you do the spotlight thing in your menu? I've not seen it done that smoothly before.

• Hey All,

Just wanted to post this touch-control scheme I've been working on for a platformer. This isn't a beautiful looking example, but I wanted to get feedback from people on how it works/feels.

I was thinking of tutorializing this eventually, and bringing in some more features, but I feel like the event sheet is ALREADY unnecessarily complex, so if anyone had feedback on how to improve the form of the capX, that'd be cool too.

Lemme know how it works/what you think. Thanks guys.

touch control demo

and here's the CAPx

• mrtumbles

I followed the example included with C2, used my own artwork (slightly different sizes for flicker) and added a blank in the animation so the light shuts down for a split second.

• the_chosen_byte - works delightfully. Tested on my PC, iMac, iPad 2, iPhone and SGS2 - flawless on all!

ParCutz - very interesting. I still haven't looked over any of the tutorials or examples. I also still haven't uploaded that CapX yet - just tried and I appear to have made some significantly poor decisions early this morning, as it no longer works. Will roll back and forth, and let you know when it's up.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey all, new guy here. I've been working on a platformer to teach myself the engine over the past two weeks. This is my (very) short test level I've been using to try features out as I implement them.

dl.dropbox.com/u/135269606/Hobo%20ADVENTURE/index.html

• Hey all, new guy here. I've been working on a platformer to teach myself the engine over the past two weeks. This is my (very) short test level I've been using to try features out as I implement them.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/135269606/Hobo%20ADVENTURE/index.html

Thats actually very nice start, I dont usually enjoy pixel art much, but you did wonderful job. Environment looked alive and kicking which was big reason why I enjoyed playing this demo so much, all best luck to your project :)

• Thats actually very nice start, I dont usually enjoy pixel art much, but you did wonderful job. Environment looked alive and kicking which was big reason why I enjoyed playing this demo so much, all best luck to your project :)

Thanks a lot! Super encouraging.

• ahr ech:

Super cool game demo!

I agree the pixel art is great.

Keep up the good work.

• ahr ech:

I really like the little extra visual touches, such as the hobo warming his hands when he stops by the fire, and the pecking seagull.

Will there be interactivity with the background characters? (eg, Beer swilling man, or the other hobo). They just look so good it would be nice to be able to stop and have a chat with them or be heckled as you pass.

Anyway, best of luck with the project. Looking good so far.

• <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">So this is where the capx file are hiding.. I've found it finally you them..a BIG haha!</font>

Thanks deadeye

• ahr ech:

Super cool game demo!

I agree the pixel art is great.

Keep up the good work.

ahr ech:

I really like the little extra visual touches, such as the hobo warming his hands when he stops by the fire, and the pecking seagull.

Will there be interactivity with the background characters? (eg, Beer swilling man, or the other hobo). They just look so good it would be nice to be able to stop and have a chat with them or be heckled as you pass.

Anyway, best of luck with the project. Looking good so far.

Thanks a lot, guys. Dave: Yeah, I'm planning on adding some NPC dialogue pretty soon, and maybe a way to get little jobs from a few of them. We'll see how it goes I guess!

• good to know

• I'm working on a RPG platformer sort of - it is just my first prototype. Control attacks, but sadly does not do anything yet.

You can see my demo here. I know the phantom guy is annoying, he's there to test my health meter.

• I'm working on my first ever C2 game and I thought it be nice to have people give me some feedback so I don't get into any bad habits (if that's possible). Anyway, it'll some day be a Harvest Moon / Minecraft combination. At the moment I just have sample graphics and a single placeable object but I'd love feedback.

AWSD / Arrow keys for movement

Mouse Up/Down for selecting toolbar (1 is placement for the wall, 2 is for removing them)

Hold E on a tile to "mine" it for Components

Click while having 1 selected to spawn, 2 to remove

I'll probably add one more object for spawning and an enemy before I get to the 100 events limit. Then it's decision time for me :P

EDIT: removed Debug addons and uploaded index.html

EDIT 2: I somehow forgot to mention that you need 20 Molecules to actually place a wall.

dl.dropbox.com/u/55147236/WIP/TheColonyNODEBUG.capx

dl.dropbox.com/u/55147236/WIP/The%20Colony/index.html

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)